New suit for Darth Vader? Help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apax07

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Okay, so I ended up getting a Medicom ROTS darth Vader, and no surprise the suit sucks and is peeling at the arms where the gloves go on...(dumb design). Anywho, I was wondering if a Hot Toys or Sideshow suit would fit on the medicom body...I know medicom is slightly shorter, but I was hoping someone has done it, or figured out an alternative. Any advice to go about it would help! I mainly got the figure because I like the young burnt anakin underneath....

I have the Medi ROTJ 2.0 which is bigger than the other Medis and that would drown in the SSC suit. I haven't removed the HT suit yet so i can't say for sure there but I don't see how that would be any different. You might try the SSC Deluxe suit which should be easy to come by cheap and maybe cut it up a bit. You will never display it without the robe and cape anyway so if you keep the ugly parts in the back. Unless of course you are great with sewing and it wouldn't matter since everything will look just perfect. :)

Where would be a good place to take a suit like that to be adjusted at? Like a Leather worker or a seamstress? I was also thinking maybe I can just put his head on a hot toys Vader body? I don't know if they use the same pegs or not for the neck...I just know I can get the newest hot toy Vader suit with cape and his belt and stuff for 100 bucks...

Okay, so I ended up getting a Medicom ROTS darth Vader, and no surprise the suit sucks and is peeling at the arms where the gloves go on...(dumb design). Anywho, I was wondering if a Hot Toys or Sideshow suit would fit on the medicom body...I know medicom is slightly shorter, but I was hoping someone has done it, or figured out an alternative. Any advice to go about it would help! I mainly got the figure because I like the young burnt anakin underneath....
Medicom's Clone Troopers have a Black, Leather-like undersuit with the same kind of stitching as Vader. It's not puffy, it won't peal. You might want to give it a light spray of satin or gloss as the suit is flat.

Back