Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before we all drool too much, QQB, have you done any washes or anything on your Maul or is it his factory look?

image2954.jpg
image2955.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!! :google

You're nuts man, come on SSC sculpt definitely looks like Ray Park. Medicom's does too but you can't poo poo SSC sculpt just on principle. Now you're just arguing for arguments sake. :rolleyes:

I said two words in a very stable manner with no arguing.You on the other hand have flown of with the your Strong ridiculing argument/statement.

Strongly disagreed BTW!

The SSC hs looks nothing like Ray Park imo. The medi one is much more accurate and definitely makes him look like a sith with a very determined look while the ssc's is truly vacant.

I think both equally look like Park. Just that the expressions are different, Medis is angry and SS is high :D

Sideshow sculpt=prefect Ray Park likeness as Darth Maul.

Medicom sculpt=perfect representation of the Darth Maul character.

They are both great sculpts, period.

I agree. Those pics by QQB show just how cool this figure is and how you can fix the way the neck looks. There is absolutely no denying that the Medicom Maul totally kicks ass. The SS Maul without a doubt looks like Ray Park. You simply cannot look at the figure painted or unpainted and say it doesn't. It appears to me that the Medi-Kids are the ones saying it doesn't, bashing the SS version, and wanting to only toss praise on the Medicom version.

I have to admit I like the Medi's look a little better. Then when I look at the price I do a double take and say that I will just keep my Sideshow one. If I didn't have a Maul and had the extra loot then I might side with Medi on this one. :maul

I completely see Ray Park in the sculpt.

maulsculpt.jpg
said it before, will say it again. THIS IS RAY PARK W/O A DOUBT. I've met the guy, ( great fellow BTW) sideshow's sculpt is ray, the expression is just so bland, it kills the sculpt. i love that sideshow remembered his ear stud.
The main reason people have trouble seeing it in this sculpt is how many times in the film do you see Maul looking this bored? First time i saw Ray, he was at a convention Bored out of his skull, and his expression looked about like that.

having said that, medi's sculpt, while it has less ray in it, has more Of Maul. and the expression is killer.

I wish SS had put a bit more anger into the sculpt but the expression does allow yo to get a variety of poses too.

I think both equally look like Park. Just that the expressions are different, Medis is angry and SS is high :D

Don't you dare bring logic into a SW thread PBK:D

Heres the deal with me.I don't see ray park ever when i look at maul,i see DARTH MAUL.I see ray park when i see him as toad from the x-men but darth maul?no i see darth maul.

Why is the SS one even coming up anyways?Why bother to compare them?They're both totally different beasts from different companys.This is the medicom maul thread,not the try to justify the SS maul thread.Some of you guys are so anal it makes me laugh.

Anyways awesome pics QQB

image2956.jpg

image2958.jpg

It's too bad neither company tackled the gritting teeth look. Just another reason why I wish more companies would induldge in alternate heads.

It's just natural when 2 companies make the same product to make comparison and discussion regarding the two.

damnit, i want this one....
I think my medi-love will overtake me soon. if i could afford it, i'd ordeer him now....

already ordered and canceled him once today.:monkey2

Back