Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad they gave him the Bruce Lee wrists, but I still don't understand why Medicom doesn't do that as standard, all of their figures would be so much better if they had it, Boba Fett's already great but would amazing with a bit more wrist articulation, there were many poses I wanted to do and couldn't achieve. At leat Maul should be somewhat boundless, as he should be.

They didn's scrimp on Vader either. Curious how they judge which characters to give more with and not. I guess in both cases, they felt the Darth's need more variety of hands to represent themselves.

Well Maul and Vader are both VERY physical characters, a lot expression is in their hands. I think that's why the hands. All that force pushing and choking and what not.

Keep in mind Maul's outfit is all cloth. No armor means they've got more $$$ to spend on extra goodies. They've broken the mold as far as accessory counts go. I'm curious to see who they tackle next.

Well it's surprising, other than the Sith Probes, Maul has everything he needs, and where they could have just made one saber that splits in half, they did a whole saber and a split one. Yet with Jango Fett, they only did the one backpack, no saber dart, no gauntlet blades and certainly very cool stuff to have.

Keep in mind Maul's outfit is all cloth. No armor means they've got more $$$ to spend on extra goodies. They've broken the mold as far as accessory counts go. I'm curious to see who they tackle next.

Prolly a yellow clone trooper :rolleyes:

Also it looks like ST is there just very light.Whatever the case it's workin!:chew:maul

image2956.jpg

I'm not sure if that's skin texture or just plastic grains. Too subtle compared to the proto though, would have been cool, but not a make or break point, just a small let down.

I'm glad they went with the right horn configuration. A few times in the film, the makeup department got their placement wrong and he looked odd. The most matched configuration and the one SSC and Medicom have gone with on their products is the best look.

The image on the left is how he should look and the way they've done the horns on most products, but at times they got the positions wrong like the photo on the right and to me, when they're not in the right place they look bizarre and unsightly.

maulhorns.jpg

Last edited:
Don't you dare bring logic into a SW thread PBK:D

Heres the deal with me.I don't see ray park ever when i look at maul,i see DARTH MAUL.I see ray park when i see him as toad from the x-men but darth maul?no i see darth maul.

Why is the SS one even coming up anyways?Why bother to compare them?They're both totally different beasts from different companys.This is the medicom maul thread,not the try to justify the SS maul thread.Some of you guys are so anal it makes me laugh.

Anyways awesome pics QQB

image2956.jpg

image2958.jpg

No dung!

The only ones that keep bringing it up are the ones upset that SS didn't do a better job!But how could they?It's $60 figure.Medicom puts more money into developing their figures.Which is something SS has just started doing.Everyone knows this.I'll admit for a $60 figure the SS maul isn't too bad,but I would never buy it.

I tell you what.If the rest of you can keep SS Maul out of this thread,then I will.Because everyone has been beating this dead horse for 2 or 3 days now.I't getting a little ridiculous

Back