Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alter Ego says it has a light up saber, did the first one have that?

EDIT: Sideshow also says light up saber in the summary description but in the pics says lightsaber does not light up...hmmmm....

Pics say lightsaber doesn't light up because those are photos I did for Sideshow with the original release and for a few, I photoshopped in lightsaber effects so Sideshow had to add a no glow disclaimer and it looks like they just posted the gallery over again without screening it for representation of the new release.

I would almost guarantee HT is chomping at the bit to make a Maul... and can't really see much reason for Sideshow to stop them as their version is about as complete as you can get.

One of few figures from HT I'll get for Star Wars, unless they did some really bad job on him, which I doubt, or chose an expression I didn't for, HT Maul's as good as bought.

The same figure re- issued for $70 more??

Yeah, eff you Medicom.

Someone needs to tell these companies (even some collectors) that toys are not currency. WTF.

Holy...what?

I just saw this on Sideshow's newsletter.

WOW! Am I glad I sold mine off quite some time a go.

And the new price...HUH?

Got to hand it to Medicom, though. Thery seem to have a plan to capitalize on the secondary market prices!:lol

Holy...what?

And the new price...HUH?

Got to hand it to Medicom, though. Thery seem to have a plan to capitalize on the secondary market prices!:lol

Yeah, these aren't collectables anymore, I don't know what you call it? But I am about fed up with this type of stuff. I can't really tell you when the last time I actually enjoyed "collecting."

The recent RAH Darth Maul 2.0 makes me convinced that the next Hot Toys DX Star Wars figure is going to be Darth Maul.

I hope so. As much as I want more OT I'd love for HT to make the ultimate Maul. No way am I getting this but I'd be all over HT's version.

Yeah, these aren't collectables anymore, I don't know what you call it? But I am about fed up with this type of stuff. I can't really tell you when the last time I actually enjoyed "collecting."

I have to agree. I certainly enjoy my SS star wars and Hasbro/Takara Transfomers figures, but I'm not sure about any thing else anymore. I sold just about all my HT figures in which I think I'm going to use to make custom figures.

I guess I don't base my enjoyment of the hobby on how many versions of something is out there or what the production number of something is. If it looks cool and I like it I buy it.

If it looks cool and I like it I buy it.

That's all it is! And all it ever was! And all it should be! But some folks have tried to turn it into something else.

:goodpost:

I would love to get this as i like the medi Maul very much. But i would just look at it and think.. HT's would be so much better!

So any upgrades on this version or is it just a re-release? Been clamor ing for a decent Maul effigy, be it 1/6 or statue and I might pick this up.

I hope so. As much as I want more OT I'd love for HT to make the ultimate Maul. No way am I getting this but I'd be all over HT's version.

HT Maul will be a marriage of Sideshow and Medicom Maul's best attributes. Sideshow and Medicom both have some things they did very well on their Maul figures, and some not so good. If you blend them all into 1 figure, that'll be awesome.

What I really look forward to on an HT maul is the portrait, they'll probably go with a fairly intense expression, but also, a whole head of that texturing they do will look great. Park's skin texture shows up in many of the publicity shots because of the makeup, it's a trait I really came to associate with his look. Medicom got some faint, but their texturing was too subtle.

What'll be nice too is an HT one will surely have PERS and I think that'd work great for him, just attach the head like DX02 Batman and you're golden, and I bet Maul' eyes could look really cool with the real eye look of PERS compared to painted ones.

HT Maul will be a marriage of Sideshow and Medicom Maul's best attributes. Sideshow and Medicom both have some things they did very well on their Maul figures, and some not so good. If you blend them all into 1 figure, that'll be awesome.

:yess::exactly::goodpost:

That's all it is! And all it ever was! And all it should be! But some folks have tried to turn it into something else.

I know that this has been the norm for alot of people for...maybe as long as collecting stuff has ever been, but I try to buy/collect things that I love whether it's worth anything or not. If they make a better version of something I've already bought, or if it's the same version of something I've bought already, I try not to let it bother me. I TRY to collect stuff that makes me happy, not stuff that makes me happy and makes me money. Although I've had many exceptions to that rule, if I'm happy with something, and I can afford it, it doesn't matter to me what it's going for on the secondary market. I don't care if this Medicom Maul gets redone 4 times...I can't afford it anyway, but if it was a character that I truely loved and it was an awesome rendition of it, I would be happy to have it in my collection whether it lost value over time or not. I hope I'm understanding your post correctly OSCORP, cause it I am I'm lovin' it.:yess:

This is an easy pass for me since I have both the Sideshow Maul and Medicom Maul standing on my shelves right now. I would only bite if HT offered up a new Maul. I'm a completist, but not a crazy or rich completist.

Back