Medicom Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine for $70.00 on eBay. The leg was broke but if you know what your doing it's an easy fix. Keep an eye out. Someone is usually selling one for a decent price.

Be patient Luke. Stay and watch over the droids. Try different search criteria. Sometimes people list stuff under sideshow or 12" or just 1/6 maul.

So this is now being re-released? I just saw Alter Ego is taking orders and Sideshow has him as a pre-order?

Maul Re-Release

Leave it to re-release a figure for more than it would cost to buy one the secondary market :lol

Yeah, what's with the price!!
:horror!!

A fine figure nevertheless, and one I regret passing...
I'm tempted, but not @ that price-tag...
I've always loved the head and expression, so much better than Sideshow's

MediMaul.jpg

Last edited:
So this is now being re-released? I just saw Alter Ego is taking orders and Sideshow has him as a pre-order?

Maul Re-Release

Leave it to re-release a figure for more than it would cost to buy one the secondary market :lol

Wow. :thud:

Yeah, what's with the price!!
:horror!!

A fine figure nevertheless, and one I regret passing...
I'm tempted, but not @ that price-tag...
I've always loved the head and expression, so much better than Sideshow's

scaled.php

Wow, I had no idea it looked this nice. Might even work scale-wise with SSC considering Ray Park is short.

Hmmm... I think I almost like the Medi-sculpt better too.

Yeah I was a staunch defender of SSC's sculpt but I think the paint is off compared to Medicom's. I can't believe I just said that. :monkey4

Wow, I had no idea it looked this nice. Might even work scale-wise with SSC considering Ray Park is short.

Sorry man, as Sachiel already mentioned... that is not the Medicom sculpt either. Its a custom (and a damn nice one at that :lecture).

This is the medicom sculpt:
review_medimaul_4.jpg

Between Sideshow and Medicom I think Sideshow has a better sculpt (looks more like Maul) but Medicom's expression is much better. As for the rest of the figure they're kind of a mixed bag of good and bad that (to me) kind of cancel one another out.

I was just trying to remember if I ever saw a good repaint of the Sideshow Maul, so I did a quick search and found this one by Darren Carnall... looks so much nicer than the stock figure :lol

maul2.jpg

This is a figure that Sideshow really messed up with their classic "deer in the headlights" approach to eye placement :lol

Sorry man, as Sachiel already mentioned... that is not the Medicom sculpt either. Its a custom (and a damn nice one at that :lecture).

This is the medicom sculpt:
review_medimaul_4.jpg

Between Sideshow and Medicom I think Sideshow has a better sculpt (looks more like Maul) but Medicom's expression is much better. As for the rest of the figure they're kind of a mixed bag of good and bad that (to me) kind of cancel one another out.

Oh. Jesus keep the hood up in the Medicom Darth Maul (the teenage years). Still might order one. :monkey4

I might get this. From the looks of the hands, it's going to be on the newer medi body, my only issue with this is how the lightsabers look

I might get this. From the looks of the hands, it's going to be on the newer medi body, my only issue with this is how the lightsabers look

I think this is just a straight re-release... so I'd assume same body/everything. If not they'd have probably listed it as a V2 or something like they did with Vader.

And still odd that this just kind of popped up w/o any fanfare or even being mentioned as a new release on Sideshow's site :huh

Did the old medi Maul have the hand-peg system that they're show in the taller for this re-release?

But Yea it is a bit odd coming right out of no where. Maybe they're trying to cash in hoping ppl will pick up the re-release to go with SS TPM Obi-wan?

Back