Medicom Clone Commander $79

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they will make the blue and green one if I knew they wouldnt I would grab it so I could at least get a blue one sometime.

It's a good deal, but going to pass. I like the Ep III helmet design much more.

But thanks for posting the awesome deal and glad that some were able to get a few!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Got mine, then found the red guy, who wasn't nearly as good a deal. I once swore that I wouldn't get any clone troopers (reminded me of the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" :lol), but you know how that goes... and now, the look has kinda grown on me.

I had to thin the armor on the inside with a Dremel to get them so that their arms were more poseable:

011409a.jpg

Jim

I once swore that I wouldn't get any clone troopers (reminded me of the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" :lol)...
011409a.jpg

In just about every photo I've seen of these Medicom Clones, they always look like the Hasbro 3 3/4" figures to me. I'm not trying to start a flame war here, it's just that they look extremely thin, "plasticy" and the belt detailing looks very simple. Is this the case in hand? Just curious, people. :duff.

No...there great figures. They dont feel plasticy at all. I think the reason some my feel that way is there very clean. Typically we want are clones/troopers to have some weathering to them, it adds alot to the look of them.

Medicom is still the king of armor. I don't care what anyone says, until SS comes out with good stormtroopers no loose figures ( like the protos which look very nice) Medi is king!!!...For now!

The Medicom trooper is actually quite nice in person... not very poseable, but that's the armors fault. But they are too clean and have tiny hands.

Or the Hasbro style bendy armor. But all in all, they are really nice and well worth the discounted price.

For what it's worth, the flexibility of the armor is the key to getting better articulation, i.e., more poseability-- a worthwhile goal, to take advantage of Medicom's superior armature. As is, it's not flexible enough, so it needs to be thinned if you want to pose it with the arms extended in front for a two-handed pistol grip, or to get less than a 45 degree bend at the elbows. I didn't do any Dremeling to the lower part of the figure, but I believe I'd be able to coax a crouching pose if I did.

Clearly, armor that lives in CGI doesn't have the same poseability restrictions since it doesn't have to observe physics of the real world. For example, in the real world, the elbow and knee armor would have to be secured by a flexible, compressible band or the wearer wouldn't be able to bend arms and knees tighter than a minimal arc.

(As for them looking like 3-3/4" figures-- the difference is pretty obvious in person... :lol)

**** (later)****

Okay, after Dremeling the lower parts, I was able to coax a near crouch, however the bodysuit is very tight and keeps the legs from bending much higher at the hips. The stiff shoes ultimately limit what you can do to achieve realistic poses, since short of replacing them with leather, the soles aren't going to bend. I say, "Good 'nuff".

(Of course it looks plasticky, because it is plastic!!! Kinda like the plastic-boy suits the Ep IV-VI stormies wore. :lol)

-Jim

011709a.jpg

011709b.jpg

Last edited:
Good poses/work there pookie613. I am not the biggest fan of phase 1 armor but I do like the ones with command colors because it gives some contrast and character to the trooper. I bought one at the sale price and I think it is well worth it to have with my SSC collection. As for the height difference I'll just say he jumped out of a gunship too soon, a little too eager to get into the fight, and compressed his spine :lol

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm also partial to the design of the 2nd version helmet, but there are a lot of customizing possibilities if you're not squeamish about desecrating valuable collectibles. Yesterday's Clone Wars cartoon showed the version 1 helmets with lights, and you can always dress it up with a visor or Fett-style rangefinder (or whatever it is).

-Jim

For what it's worth, the flexibility of the armor is the key to getting better articulation, i.e., more poseability-- a worthwhile goal, to take advantage of Medicom's superior armature. As is, it's not flexible enough, so it needs to be thinned if you want to pose it with the arms extended in front for a two-handed pistol grip, or to get less than a 45 degree bend at the elbows. I didn't do any Dremeling to the lower part of the figure, but I believe I'd be able to coax a crouching pose if I did.

Clearly, armor that lives in CGI doesn't have the same poseability restrictions since it doesn't have to observe physics of the real world. For example, in the real world, the elbow and knee armor would have to be secured by a flexible, compressible band or the wearer wouldn't be able to bend arms and knees tighter than a minimal arc.

(As for them looking like 3-3/4" figures-- the difference is pretty obvious in person... :lol)

**** (later)****

Okay, after Dremeling the lower parts, I was able to coax a near crouch, however the bodysuit is very tight and keeps the legs from bending much higher at the hips. The stiff shoes ultimately limit what you can do to achieve realistic poses, since short of replacing them with leather, the soles aren't going to bend. I say, "Good 'nuff".

(Of course it looks plasticky, because it is plastic!!! Kinda like the plastic-boy suits the Ep IV-VI stormies wore. :lol)

-Jim

011709a.jpg

011709b.jpg

Nice work!
Would you mind showing pics of the dremelled armour parts?

Thanks Alot!

Back