first custom clone paint question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonEl

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey all, (let me start by saying i posted the same question in the custom section but realized for specifics this may be the better section to post, if im wrong then can a mod please delete thread) ive just purchased a commander bly from a buddy and fellow freak EndIessRAlN. my plan is to repaint it into a custom clone. i wanted to pick up an airbrush to lay down the base and ten eventually weathering but don't really know what im doing. I dont plan on doing many customs so I dont need a kit that will see much use but need something for this project. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

thanks,
jon

Thats the funnist thing i ever heard. When u customize this one u will be hooked so buy something u wont have to replace!

Well you dont have to airbrush your clone... a wee light sanding but be careful as the paint on Bly's armour may turn other areas yellowish.

What clone are you planning to do??

Cool... well if you are going to have him a different colour... you can buy cans of spray paint, mask areas off and stuff.... I use car primer a a matt base then you can just go crazy... Cant wait to see it

A lot depends on what sort you want.... there are soooo many different ways to do weathering.... When you have him all sprayed up and ready to weather give me a shout.. I am no expert but I may be able to point you in the right direction... :)

A lot depends on what sort you want.... there are soooo many different ways to do weathering.... When you have him all sprayed up and ready to weather give me a shout.. I am no expert but I may be able to point you in the right direction... :)

Id like to see some picture or a wip of your weathering technique dorg. A lot of other members are getting into this also an im sure it would be a great help.

Here is a link for a tutorial that I did for my custom clone it number 154.
Just make sure you use flat spray paint for some reason other spray paints dont do as well.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90616&page=16

100_1552.jpg

100_1558.jpg

Thanks, I actually was planning on copying you with the cape piece already lol

Back