Medicom Boba Revisited

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a very good figure... I sold mine, kind of regret it. But After Sideshow started shipping out armored figures I decided to jump ship :lol Although I do think Jango and Boba are two of Medicom's best.

Nice!

3362485730_fc251d333a_b.jpg

It is a very good figure... I sold mine, kind of regret it. But After Sideshow started shipping out armored figures I decided to jump ship :lol Although I do think Jango and Boba are two of Medicom's best.

Oh, absolutely....I just hope that the Sideshow ones include real leather belts and pouches and vests and not rely on plastic too much.

I bought this Boba for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. Man was he expensive! But considering he bought me all of my Sideshows, I figured he deserved a RAH.

Oh, absolutely....I just hope that the Sideshow ones include real leather belts and pouches and vests and not rely on plastic too much.

Man, if they added leather belts and vests that would be nice. And can gaurantee another price hike with SS:(.

Heres my old Marmit, miss this guy.:monkey2

fettmarmit.gif

Very happy with the MedicomFett
Medibobafett.jpg

Last edited:
I have two Marmits (one recalled one with the inaccurate colors and the corrected one) and two Medicoms, and I prefer the Marmit. The one with inaccurate colors at that, so I think with Boba screen accuracy isn't a huge deal for me like it is with other things. If I had to get rid of one I'd keep the Marmit over the Medi any day. Not saying Medi is a bad fig at all though. I just personally prefer Marmit. I do like a lot of things about the Medi though. Like the cloth vest for one.
________
VERMONT MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited:
Swebacca's Fett definitely looks badass! The wethering really makes him feel more real world and the addition of the gaitors is great. I always preferred the gaitors/boot coverings of the Jedi version. I'm digging the weather on Jango too. :rock

Sewbacca, what the hell is your avatar?

Think its Chewy heading to the swim pool. I think???
chewmidlife2.jpg

Swebacca's Fett definitely looks badass! The wethering really makes him feel more real world and the addition of the gaitors is great. I always preferred the gaitors/boot coverings of the Jedi version. I'm digging the weather on Jango too. :rock

Thanks! Weathering does make a difference in appearance, which is why I went that route. Yah, the gators for some reason makes the boba for me. I took thoughs off my marmit. And heres Jango.

medjango2.JPG

Love that. Wouldn't mind doing that to my own if I had the skill.

Also, does anyone have any advise for fixing warped range finders. Heating will totally screw them up, so if you're planning to DO NOT.

My first Boba had a broken range finder, so I heated the clamp up a bit with a hair dryer, glued it back together and popped it back on. Few weeks ago my bro came to visit. We were hooking up the Wii, and he tipped over and the range finder broke again. I reheated the clamp enough to get it back out and reglue it, and when I put it back on the clamp wouldn't lay as flat as it should from all the bending to get the antenna out. Set the hair dryer on it to soften it up and reposition it. After about five or six seconds, like flipping a switch, the antenna just went limp. Like if you tossed it into a fire. And when I took the hair dryer away it hardened back almost instantly. I tried reheating it slowly and repositioning it, but it's just all kinds of bent and horrid looking now. And now I don't even want to try heat and fix the slightly bent antenna on my second Boba. Any tips on straightening these things?
________
HERBALAIRE WHIP

Last edited:
Love that. Wouldn't mind doing that to my own if I had the skill.

Also, does anyone have any advise for fixing warped range finders. Heating will totally screw them up, so if you're planning to DO NOT.

My first Boba had a broken range finder, so I heated the clamp up a bit with a hair dryer, glued it back together and popped it back on. Few weeks ago my bro came to visit. We were hooking up the Wii, and he tipped over and the range finder broke again. I reheated the clamp enough to get it back out and reglue it, and when I put it back on the clamp wouldn't lay as flat as it should from all the bending to get the antenna out. Set the hair dryer on it to soften it up and reposition it. After about five or six seconds, like flipping a switch, the antenna just went limp. Like if you tossed it into a fire. And when I took the hair dryer away it hardened back almost instantly. I tried reheating it slowly and repositioning it, but it's just all kinds of bent and horrid looking now. And now I don't even want to try heat and fix the slightly bent antenna on my second Boba. Any tips on straightening these things?

You can use a hair dryer to bend plastic, but you need to be really careful and gradual. You just bend the plastic with a splint or something holding it in place, and use just enough heat to relax the plastic enough to take the new shape. This may take multiple quick passes with the dryer, 3/4 seconds at a time. Give it a few passes and check it. If its not bent enough, give it a little more heat, and repeat. You don't want to try to heat plastic and THEN put it in the shape you want. You also don't want to use anywhere near enough heat to bend it all at once. If you do, you'll warp it. I've seen my Dad bend plastic like this a few times, and often it takes 4 or 5 times to finally get it. I mean 4 or 5 gradual increases in heat and bending, not 4 or 5 complete do overs. Gluing plastic is tricky. Some plastics really cant be glued, because they aren't compatible with the solvents in the glues. Epoxy can fix about anything, though. There is actually special plastic welding rod, for those plastics that won't take to gluing, not that this really applies here. Just FYI.

I just got mine. I thought the scale would bother me, but not at all. This has to be the best figure I own. He is absolutely worth the price, and I luckily got him cheap as H#@@.

Back