Medicom Boba Revisited

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Pic Darth Neil!!
I'm really loving this figure! For years I've been waiting for a figure like this...I almost bought a Marmit one a few years back, but I'm glad I waited for this one!

Anyway, here are a few quick pics of mine:

boba.jpg

boba3.jpg

And the whole gang!

boba2.jpg

No offense to you or who ever is into using those leg riser things to make Medicom's figures look taller but I think it makes them look ridiculous.Also since you have your medis together and not with any SS figure's it really wouln't make any since to use them in this way.

I just don't get the whole argument over Medicom pricing. Do I feel it's rather high? Definitely. Does it limit the number of their figures I buy? Of course ... I now own exactly 3 - ROTJ Vader, Yoda, and Boba. But Medicom isn't like Sideshow. They really don't need Sideshow. They were selling all their figures before Sideshow and they would continue to sell them all without Sideshow. In all honesty, Sideshow is doing the Medicommies (sorry I just love that title LOL) a favor by importing a few. The price is competitive with other internet pricing and SSC provides a trusted source to get the item. I highly doubt SSC is making more than 10 to 15 bucks a figure on these. So arguing about price for an import figure is silly and a waste of time. Now, debating the cost of SSC product ... I completely support that. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate them. They make the process of taking photos and processing them worth it. :)

Excellent pics as always buddy! He looks really cool next to the television. What are your F stop settings for the first pic?

I agree, I like him next to the television. This way I at least get my money's worth by being able to stare at him all the time. :lol

As far as the pictures are concerned I used my Macro lens- 100mm Here are the details of the first pic.

Exif Properties

Aperture Value 2.970856
Color Space 1
Custom Rendered 0
Date Time Digitized 2007:10:04 14:29:06
Date Time Original 2007:10:04 14:29:06
Exif Version 2.2.1
Exposure Bias Value -0.6666667
Exposure Mode 0
Exposure Program 3
Exposure Time 0.07692308
Flash 16
FlashPix Version 1.0
FNumber 2.8
Focal Length 100 (Lens)
Focal Plane Resolution Unit 2
Focal Plane X Resolution 4433.295
Focal Plane Y Resolution 4453.608
ISO Speed Ratings 400 (Film Speed)
Metering Mode 1
Pixel X Dimension 3888
Pixel Y Dimension 2592
Scene Capture Type 0
Shutter Speed Value 3.700439
White Balance 0

I like to play around with the F- Stop a lot so that I can bring only what I want into focus and blur the rest out. :rock

Here is another picture that I excluded earlier because it's very similar but I will show it anyway. :monkey5

fb1348eb.jpg

Roranous:
Beautiful!! Both your pics and Maulfan's are truly a work of art and inspiration and really portray the awesomeness of this figs!!

No offense to you or who ever is into using those leg riser things to make Medicom's figures look taller but I think it makes them look ridiculous.Also since you have your medis together and not with any SS figure's it really wouln't make any since to use them in this way.

Hi there neighbor, good eye! Actually only Vader has them. I don't think it looks bad, and only a trained eye can tell the difference.
Most of my friends just look at them and go: "Awesome figures". And actually I do have my SS on another cabinet right next to them. Minor details I guess.

BTW is Chavez your last name?

Roranous:
Beautiful!! Both your pics and Maulfan's are truly a work of art and inspiration and really portray the awesomeness of this figs!!

Thanks, if you want to see more of my Boba images, check out Sideshow's updated Boba product page images.

Roranous:

Hi there neighbor, good eye! Actually only Vader has them. I don't think it looks bad, and only a trained eye can tell the difference.
Most of my friends just look at them and go: "Awesome figures". And actually I do have my SS on another cabinet right next to them. Minor details I guess.

BTW is Chavez your last name?

Yeah like I said no offense,I didn't realize the stormies and Fett didn't have them.I have ROTS Vader and dont have a problem with his highth when next to other Medis.I only have a few SS figures and dont put them on the same shelf with my medis,and yes that is my last name although I am only half Mexican ther other Irish,So you "could" say I'm a Irish Mexican:lol

Special thx to Boba Fett for the AWESOME deal on Boba. Thx again man! (gone to a good home)

001-22.jpg

003-24.jpg

004-27.jpg

Yeah, I also bought this figure and it is awesome. I do wonder how the official SS version will turn out but it will be a tough sell for myself since this one was $150. I guess we will have to wait and see

When is it out?

And which fett (height and mass wise) would look better next to a hurricane vader: a marmit one or a medicom one?

Since fett is half a head shorter compared to vader?

nice shots everybody....medi's boba is good....and marmit's boba is classic n great....so i prefer to choose the marmit one...

There's one on ebay right now with a starting bid of $25.

from what I see in the pics, the marmit version's helmet is to symetrical, as opposed to the asymetrical medicom one which is more screen accurate?

After years of wanting, I FINALLY pulled the trigger on a Marmit Boba Fett. I am not disappointed. It's an amazing figure and looks good displayed next to my Medicom one and eventually my Sideshow one as well.

Back