Medicom : Blade of the Immortal - Manji

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got him for $400, and I didn't care since I felt like I was never gonna be able to get my hands on it down the road. I guess I was wrong, but at the same time, I never wanted to take the risk of not having him. I hope he drops even more down in price so I can get another for next to nothing.

Yeah this no one could have predicted. It's rare for the Medicom exclusives to go for less than three hundred or more.

never saw this until now it looks good. Looks like a good alternative to the one Kojun made that is amazing.

is it me or is there is a lot of manji on ebay, and surprisingly low too.

May I know how Mandrake works? Are they more like 2nd hand sellers? I see many of their stuff are at really cheap price, those that were sold out were even much cheaper, some are like dumping price, however their product page doesn't really tell us much about the condition, it's either opened/unopened, and the item in the pictures may or may not be the actual item and there is no ask a question button so we have no idea what we are buying.

Also the checkout is strange, they ask for your credit card number or log in to paypal, without giving you the shipping cost prior, so how does that work?

And how is their shipping charge, is it similar to amiami? they do offer SAL to my place instead of EMS.

so far anyone bought stuffs from them? hows the feedback?

I see mandrake has this for 15,000 JPY, 3,000 JPY cheaper then when I bought mine.

https://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-982933.html

Most unpopular exclusive ever?

Mandarake can be very mental about things. Some of them seem to feel that they are at war with overseas selling/shipping/customers. The shipping costs can be reasonable or too much depending on the store and item(s). I think sometimes they quote a high cost just so they don't have to ship stuff. The shipping options depends on the weight limits and possibly item cost. Conversely, Amiami is always reasonable shipping costs and good customer service for me.

The damage to the item varies--look closely at the photos. Its like a consignment store with used and unused items. Their prices are sometimes good, sometimes very much not. They check the item stock after your purchase, and the great deals may be sold already but still posted online.

Is Mandarake a big shop with many outlets? Or is it like Rakuten & ebay where there's different sellers in them, because what i see is they separate orders based on the outlet location like Shibuya, Kokura or are those shop names?

Half of their picture seems like actual thing while the other half seems like pics from promotional shots, so i really can't tell 100% if the picture i'm looking at is the actual, and usually they take photos of the box, sometimes they take a rough photo of the content and that is it. Description is either opened or unopened, books have ratings but that is it they don't even show the actual book in the photo.

Anyway hope they can improve their online system like Amiami standard. Looking at the amount of stuffs they sell online i can say online sales is probably 40% of their total sales at least.

Those Medicom stuff are pretty cheap.

Also what's up with the Credit Card number & Paypal login everytime you place an order? Why do they need it?

Mandarake can be very mental about things. Some of them seem to feel that they are at war with overseas selling/shipping/customers. The shipping costs can be reasonable or too much depending on the store and item(s). I think sometimes they quote a high cost just so they don't have to ship stuff. The shipping options depends on the weight limits and possibly item cost. Conversely, Amiami is always reasonable shipping costs and good customer service for me.

The damage to the item varies--look closely at the photos. Its like a consignment store with used and unused items. Their prices are sometimes good, sometimes very much not. They check the item stock after your purchase, and the great deals may be sold already but still posted online.

It's an actual chain of stores in Japan. You're ordering from the website and the website itself just sells what is available within these stores. That's why they are listed and ship separately.

how is their packing? as good as amiami, or as bad as some lazy HK sellers that wanna save cost on bubblewraps & recycled newspaper etc?

It's an actual chain of stores in Japan. You're ordering from the website and the website itself just sells what is available within these stores. That's why they are listed and ship separately.

well prices will go back up once those $100 pieces are sold out.

has been like that for almost all figures. unless it has some qc flaws.

I'm still bummed I paid $400 for this one when it was considered "rare". Oh well....

can these cheap ones be knock offs? there were tons of black rock shooter from china that were selling for $60-$100 on ebay last year and they just seem too cheap to be real.

NECROPOST

I'm thinking about grabbing this. Any issues to note of?

I've had him for years and I love him! He's an old medi so just be carful of the hips and shoulders...it's a great looking manji figure, you'll be glad to have him. His box is gorgeous too

I've had him for years and I love him! He's an old medi so just be carful of the hips and shoulders...it's a great looking manji figure, you'll be glad to have him. His box is gorgeous too

Thanks, maybe I will. I read a little of the manga today and I'll stick with it. I got this habit of trying to buy up everything I can of whatever manga I start reading. I did it with Berserk and Vagabond prior to this.

Hahaha! Totally understand, I think you'll enjoy it. It gets a bit slow in the later issues but I like it a lot and I love Samura's art!

Back