Soosoo Toys Vampire Hunter (Blade from Blade Trinity)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

Credits will do fine
CF Supporter
Reaction score
When will someone make Blade and Frost from Blade 1 🙄🙄🙄
RDT_20231014_2039045446348681617630841.png

Last edited:
Wow this is amazing news! I was getting pretty concerned about the quality of the Present Toys, so I think I'll go for this instead, since it's almost certain this will be good quality. Agree I wish it was Blade 1 though lol

Be cool to see some more pics, but to add my voice to the chorus - yep I wish it was Blade from the first movie [plus Deacon Frost].
Also REALLY want someone to do a Jared Nomak/Reaper from the second movie - one of the most awesome and horrible vampire designs I've ever seen!

Wow this is amazing news! I was getting pretty concerned about the quality of the Present Toys, so I think I'll go for this instead, since it's almost certain this will be good quality. Agree I wish it was Blade 1 though lol
Well considering Present Toys is the Blade 2 suit and confirmed real leather im going with them.

1697308821057.png

Well considering Present Toys is the Blade 2 suit and confirmed all real leather im going with them.

View attachment 669211
I didn't know it was confirmed to be real leather, that's very neat. Personally I still think I'll be happier with the Soosoo production head sculpt and paint quality which is the most important thing to me, but if the PT turns out decent in reviews I'll probably get that too, and either way having both costumes would be cool.

Last edited:
Well considering Present Toys is the Blade 2 suit and confirmed real leather im going with them.
Very skeptical about Present Toys. Their T-800 release was advertised as leather and it turned out to be very obviously pleather

The Blade 3 outfit is the worst of the bunch for me. As is often the case, they started with perfection and tinkered all the edge out of it by the third movie.
Just give us the OG Blade, someone; anyone!

SooSoo’s headsculpts are probably every bit as hit and miss as Present Toys, but the overall package may be more refined. Hard to tell from this first tease.

Either way, I’m going with PT as it’s closer to the first outfit and I’ll only look to pick up the SST head if it turns out far superior.

Very skeptical about Present Toys. Their T-800 release was advertised as leather and it turned out to be very obviously pleather
It was real leather. Watch from 8.38. You can tell from the way it moves and hangs, you can also tell from the graining not being uniformed and is variable and is not a fixed pattern, its flat grain leather quite clearly.
a term 3rd prty.png

Last edited:
It was real leather. Watch from 8.38. You can tell from the way it moves and hangs, you can also tell from the graining not being uniformed and is variable and is not a fixed pattern, its flat grain leather quite clearly.
View attachment 669417

That’s so weird. I bought a set which I ended up getting rid of and parted out all except the jacket. Feels and smells exactly like pleather products I own, guess it’s just a very low grade of real leather or something

My 1/4 enterbay T800 has no smell of leather whatsoever but I know its Italian sheepskin leather they claimed just by how supple it is and how soft it feels. The belt however I had to upgrade as it was pleather, you can tell just by touch.
My Terminators done.jpg

That’s so weird. I bought a set which I ended up getting rid of and parted out all except the jacket. Feels and smells exactly like pleather products I own, guess it’s just a very low grade of real leather or something
I will deffo be upgrading the sculpt on the present toys though as there past work does not fill me with confidence.

I will deffo be upgrading the sculpt on the present toys though as their past work does not fill me with confidence.
Eh, off-topic but still really not convinced it was real leather. Again, it feels identical to other pleather products I have and looks like them more than the range of my real leather stuff (GT Sephiroth, custom Ponce belt, DAM RE2 Claire jacket)
Somehow the only observation about the material on the thread:
Tailoring looks good, but comparing to DX10 jacket that is genuine leather - this does not feel like it. It may be pleather "improved", but not leather.
Comparison between genuine leather of two different DX10s. I suck at pictures but nothing about the PT one looks comparable or natural imo:

Real leather on the left. First is much more worn:
IMG_4036.jpeg

Better maintained DX10 on the left:
IMG_4039.jpeg

I might be completely wrong, but Idk.
Either way, the real point I’ll still make is that PT’s Blade might be nice for the price, but I’m not holding my breath about their testament to quality of materials or accuracy to their prototype. I think their Boardwalk Empire fig might have actually turned out much closer to proto though. Will be very interesting to see how SST’s compares nonetheless!

Eh, off-topic but still really not convinced it was real leather. Again, it feels identical to other pleather products I have and looks like them more than the range of my real leather stuff (GT Sephiroth, custom Ponce belt, DAM RE2 Claire jacket)
Somehow the only observation about the material on the thread:

Comparison between genuine leather of two different DX10s. I suck at pictures but nothing about the PT one looks comparable or natural imo:

Real leather on the left. First is much more worn:
View attachment 669427

Better maintained DX10 on the left:
View attachment 669428
I might be completely wrong, but Idk.
Either way, the real point I’ll still make is that PT’s Blade might be nice for the price, but I’m not holding my breath about their testament to quality of materials or accuracy to their prototype. I think their Boardwalk Empire fig might have actually turned out much closer to proto though. Will be very interesting to see how SST’s compares nonetheless!
One is over 10 years old and is smooth the other is flat grain and just released.
Everyone knows with age leather softens so comparing two different grades and ages is being a little naive.
There are all kinds of grades of leather and from all kinds of animals and they dont all look the same.
Just watch the video and tell me you think thats pleather, pleather has a uniformed pattern and no inconsistencies. If you still think the same then I will never convice you.
Also watch the part where he shows atriculation of the legs pulling the soft leather in at the groin, the pants are a much softer leather and if you did that to such soft pleather it would crack for sure.

1697402394477.png

Look how soft the pants are, you cant do that to such soft pleather as it would just tear.
a term i.png

I mean look you can tell this is leather a mile off just by how it creases and falls
a term 4.png

Last edited:
Everyone knows with age leather softens so comparing two different grades and ages is being a little naive.
There are all kinds of grades of leather and from all kinds of animals and they dont all look the same.
Just watch the video and tell me you think thats pleather, pleather has a uniformed pattern and no inconsistencies. If you still think the same then I will never convice you.
Also watch the part where he shows atriculation of the legs pulling the soft leather in at the groin, the pants are a much softer leather and if you did that to such soft pleather it would crack for sure.

View attachment 669438

Look how soft the pants are, you cant do that to such soft pleather as it would just tear.
I admitted I could be wrong. You don’t need to be such an ass. Figured it would be more genuine comparing an identical design.

What’s the difference between flat grain leather and bonded leather? I could understand that PT used some synthetic blend that uses 20% real leather scraps.

The main difference between all commercial leather is full grain and top grain. Full grain is the entire animal skin, and very thick. Top grain is just half the thickness, or less. The bottom half is of that leather is called suede.

"Flat grain leather" sounds like top grain leather that is calendared or pressed to get the imperfections out of it. Bonded leather is also calendared, but in this case it is glued or attached to another material; cotton, metal, etc.

I admitted I could be wrong. You don’t need to be such an ass. Figured it would be more genuine comparing an identical design.

What’s the difference between flat grain leather and bonded leather? I could understand that PT used some synthetic blend that uses 20% real leather scraps.
Getting personal now ok nice. Bonded leather is glued together scraps and inprinted by a machine flat/top grain is fully leather.

Getting personal now ok nice. Bonded leather is glued together scraps and inprinted by a machine flat/top grain is fully leather.
I guess I’ve misinterpreted who was first being called naive if it wasn’t the initial personal jibe? Anyway, the photos and defined manufacturing processes online about full grain, bonded, and PU leather is fairly ambiguous and I genuinely didn’t know the former was considered more genuine than the others. Would be more interesting to compare how they behave when stretched around. Appreciate the education.

Back