Medicom 4-LOM 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, and the fans first blind taste test have spoken. When everyone thought this was a Sideshow, words like 'sucks' and 'placeholder' were used.........Medicom is standard quality, at best.......definitely not as good as SS and HT

mwctoys.com has pictures that are a lot more flattering. It's Medicom styled, but it does look better than Hasbro.

I would still never expect or accept it from Sideshow. Not after the clone commanders, cantina aliens, and the first two bounty hunters.

This looks like something SS would have given use a few years ago. They have come a long way, Clones, and Grievous are a testament to that.

Not to mention (if this follows the same pricing as C-3PO) this guy will be $200. I'd pay $150ish for a good 4-Lom, but not $200+

Wow, and the fans first blind taste test have spoken. When everyone thought this was a Sideshow, words like 'sucks' and 'placeholder' were used.........Medicom is standard quality, at best.......definitely not as good as SS and HT

Yep, where is Rubio when you need him. :lol

Not to mention (if this follows the same pricing as C-3PO) this guy will be $200. I'd pay $150ish for a good 4-Lom, but not $200+

It's hard to believe that just 3 years ago Medicom were producing figures that were superior to Sideshow (IMHO). Looking at this figure alonside Sideshow's IG-88 and Grievous shows that Sideshow is now on a different planet. IMHO the only Medicom figure still worth owning is Maul, at least until HT (hopefully) dishes one out.

It's hard to believe that just 3 years ago Medicom were producing figures that were superior to Sideshow (IMHO). Looking at this figure alonside Sideshow's IG-88 and Grievous shows that Sideshow is now on a different planet. IMHO the only Medicom figure still worth owning is Maul, at least until HT (hopefully) dishes one out.

I was about to disagree with you about the better figures... then noticed the (IMHO) so I will not say nothing :1-1:

I will agree that medicom seems to have fallen behind. I think this figure will look great once its finalized, but for whatever reason the one on display does look funky.

The R5-D4 looks really nice though... so my guess is they'll squeeze out as many figures as they can with the C-3PO and R2-D2 base they already have.

STU_7025_resize.JPG

No, you'll pay a good $174.99. :wink1:

I was about to disagree with you about the better figures... then noticed the (IMHO) so I will not say nothing :1-1:

I will agree that medicom seems to have fallen behind. I think this figure will look great once its finalized, but for whatever reason the one on display does look funky.

The R5-D4 looks really nice though... so my guess is they'll squeeze out as many figures as they can with the C-3PO and R2-D2 base they already have.

STU_7025_resize.JPG

Aw, hims is 1/7th scale. :(

Sure, but it does say 1/6 scale... but in Medicom that's really 1/7 :lol

I don't think 4-Lom will be more than Boba since he's a reusable body. I could be wrong, but I still think he'll be on the cheaper side.

I like this figure. I was worried when I thought it was a sideshow. Now that I know it's Medicom I want 3 of them! LOL No seriously I will buy this when they finish it. A lot of Medi Hate on this thread. Wow!

The protocol droids should not be any taller than 11.5 inches. Which is what I assume Medi 3PO is cause I don't have one. Anthony Daniels is 5'9" or 69 inches divided by 6(1/6 scale) is 11 and 1/2 inches. So if 3PO and 4LOM here are both that tall then they are in proper 1/6 scale. Why everyone is looking forward to a taller Sideshow 3PO is beyond me. All Sideshow Lukes are out of scale. He is only supposed to be 11 1/4 inches tall like the medicom ones.

But maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree or preaching to the choir or something like that. If I could afford either I would buy them. Hopefully HT DX Luke will be scaled properly instead of 12 inches tall like almost all their figures.

I like this figure. I was worried when I thought it was a sideshow. Now that I know it's Medicom I want 3 of them! LOL No seriously I will buy this when they finish it. A lot of Medi Hate on this thread. Wow!

The protocol droids should not be any taller than 11.5 inches. Which is what I assume Medi 3PO is cause I don't have one. Anthony Daniels is 5'9" or 69 inches divided by 6(1/6 scale) is 11 and 1/2 inches. So if 3PO and 4LOM here are both that tall then they are in proper 1/6 scale. Why everyone is looking forward to a taller Sideshow 3PO is beyond me. All Sideshow Lukes are out of scale. He is only supposed to be 11 1/4 inches tall like the medicom ones.

But maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree or preaching to the choir or something like that. If I could afford either I would buy them. Hopefully HT DX Luke will be scaled properly instead of 12 inches tall like almost all their figures.

Good to know this is Medicom. I was surprised to see it in the first place and wasn't expecting it from SSC given everything else that's been in the works.

That means SS will be doing their own version somewhere down the line and I can pick up that version when it comes out.

I've had the hasbro figure of this guy glued to the dashboard of my work truck for like 7 years:) Might have to get a 1/6 scale just because I've been looking at him for every day for so long. I'll wait for Sideshow's though.

Looks more like a VCD to me... in any case it's a very stylized figure, not to everyone's (or in this case anyone's) taste, but I can understand that there might be some people in other markets (i.e. Japan) who dig this type of rendition.
I don't care either way as I think it's a crap design to begin with.

Back