Medicom 1/6 Yoda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres my Medi Yoda repainted, weathered and with added hair by Rahmier84. Really like this figure the sculpt i think is the most accurate to the original trilogy.

yoda1_zpse6a538ae.jpg

He looks great dude!! :clap

back in 2012 when Gentle Giants released their Yoda with 3d glasses and popcorn I decided to make some for my Medicom Yoda.
Both were built from scratch using styrene plastic from "for sale" signs, red/blue lens from cheap paper 3d glasses, sculpted popcorn and printed decals.

7185108664_efa71d39a3_o.jpg

10094031786_bc28fe8fe8_o.jpg

10094032106_146014a1f6_o.jpg

I weathered and beat up his robe, I also repainted his eyes. Those doll dots were driving me crazy, they were the worst I've seen. This is the first time I've ever painted eyes or even painted anything of significance outside a little weathering and touch ups. The eyes are flat with no real depth, if you get very close you'll see the eyes are rather crude, but standing at a reasonable length from a the shelf it works. Those dots had to go.

20140112_092256_zps0964e75d.jpg

20140112_092309_zpsf680bc63.jpg

20140112_092514_zps510abcac.jpg

I weathered and beat up his robe, I also repainted his eyes. Those doll dots were driving me crazy, they were the worst I've seen. This is the first time I've ever painted eyes or even painted anything of significance outside a little weathering and touch ups. The eyes are flat with no real depth, if you get very close you'll see the eyes are rather crude, but standing at a reasonable length from a the shelf it works. Those dots had to go.

Very nice.

It was a mix of greens and a little brown. And even then I had help from the wife, colors aren't my specialty.

I think I used a pale green mixed with emerald green and a tiny bit of brown. I used close up screen caps. Its probably not 100% but it works for me. I'd take a closer pic of the eyes but....I'd have to think about that. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

It was a mix of greens and a little brown. And even then I had help from the wife, colors aren't my specialty.

I think I used a pale green mixed with emerald green and a tiny bit of brown. I used close up screen caps. Its probably not 100% but it works for me. I'd take a closer pic of the eyes but....I'd have to think about that. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Nice job, Fiend!

That looks pretty cool, Fiend. :clap

I'm no artist, but it looks good to me.

Thanks. :) I just had to get rid of the doll dots. I mean, two in each eye?! :lol I re-did the eyes on one of the SSC Jasons too. I'm actually enjoying it and thinking about taking a shot at my first re-paint. I don't know how it'll turn out because I have a hard time with colors.

Hi can i ask you a big big favor

can you send me pictures or post them in here.. just the robe? im trying to make a pattern for my 1:1 yoda and looks like this one is really accurate
i need to figure out the pattern..
thanks so much

Back