Prop Medicom 1:1 Toy Story Woody Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm blown away by this. Woah.

ff7363496761633e821c9e6974be5f3e_zpsxj0zdpxm.jpg

4afdd2a66f671fb4ed9409d5a03fe1f0_zpsavleqwsb.jpg

Finally! :)

Beautiful pictures guys! :clap This Woody looks like a must own! Hopefully I'll be able to snag one later in the year. :)

He looks awesome!

Does anyone know if they are planning on making a Buzz by any chance??

I'll post more pics when i get a chance.... i think the smiling head is a bit of a disappointment. It looks off model. The other two heads look fantastic.

OKAY... pics. I still want to do some real photo shoots with it when i have more time.

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

Here is a quick (and quite poor really, hopefully someone can replicate my attempt more accurately) attempt to see how the profile matches up for woody and his on screen counter part. for the image, a picture of woody from toy story 2 is used. the medicom woody picture is contrasted slightly for visibility.
Untitled drawing.jpg
im sorry this looks so bad! but take a look at our results. Its pretty close in terms of facial accuracy, aside from slight differences in attempting to perfect the angle of woodys head in the movie pic. the major differences come from his neck and jowl areas. in the movie the neck is sloped towards his jaw, which is not how the medicom neck is, which we now know is a soft rubber (which i think is the worst part of the fig, obviously for accuracy and the idea of it degrading quickly). the jowls are slightly thinner in the movie version, and that is by a hair and may be just because of the neck positioning. looking further, the chin may also be a hair higher on the movie version. The eyes are different in this pic because the medicom woody is made to resemble the toy story 3 woody, which has glints in its eyes like the medicom woody does. all in all, pretty accurate, there may be more differences in a side view, but that is really difficult to find a still in the movie.
Now i'd like to give my opinion why it looks off model. The tone of the skin and the paint apps are way off, and its noticeable. this paired with the long scarf gives off that is it less accurate than it is. The other issue that comes from getting this to be super accurate is that woody is actually quite different from film to film. A quick look at pictures of woody in "toy mode" form all three films will confirm this. Another aspect that comes into play is that there is never been a real world woody used in film, as the movies are cgi. Light comes from unnatural locations that are mode to look natural in early pixar films, which may make look woody look even more different. take a look at the lighting differences in the three films, not only will you see an amazing improvement in technology and skill, but you will also see the lighting is quite different.

The long scarf is a non issue really, I was able to roll it down and make it look perfect. I do think the rubber neck is not ideal, but from what I can tell with the material it does not seem like one that will degrade too badly over time.

I never look for 100% perfection in these things because it simply is not possible in many cases. I imagine changes in the chin, etc were made from a design / function standpoint. All in all though I am still extremely pleased with this set regardless. The main expressions are too fun for me, so the toy mode is not the way I am going to go with it.

I 1000% percent agree with you. This is still something really special, I was just addressing the issue that was lingering from many people about it being "off model". The other expressions are fantastic, and make up for any millimeter difference on the toy face. I am going to be 100 bucks that this will never be topped, with my main argument being look at Disney store's attempt at a 20th anniversary woody.

For those who have this figure, do you think it would break easily if you handle him a lot? I can't be the only one who wanna hold him sitting on the couch watching movies :)

Back