Prop Medicom 1:1 Toy Story Woody Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes... you might be the only one who wants to sit on the couch holding him watching movies.

Just joined this site, my 3 year old daughter is Toy Story daft, and she sparked my love for the films again too, we ended up getting her the 20th Anniversary Signature Collection figures by Thinkway for her Birthday, she got Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bullseye and Lotso from that collection, but I must say looking at the pics I think this one looks really good, I like the changeable faces and the moveable eyes too.

Just joined this site, my 3 year old daughter is Toy Story daft, and she sparked my love for the films again too, we ended up getting her the 20th Anniversary Signature Collection figures by Thinkway for her Birthday, she got Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bullseye and Lotso from that collection, but I must say looking at the pics I think this one looks really good, I like the changeable faces and the moveable eyes too.

It is a wonderful piece for sure. There are some other characters that fit into that collection too. Disney store released 1:1 ham banks, slinky dogs, soldiers, etc. The toy story collection stuff is great, I have just about all of them except for a couple toy story 3 ones.

I've been trying to find other ones for her collection, but these were the only ones I could find.

I got a great deal for both the Buzz and Woody, picked them up for £18 each in the Tesco supermarket near where I live, the other 3 weren't as cheap though, £45 for Bullseye, £42 for Lotso and £35 for Jessie.

I'd like to get her Hamm, Slinky and Rex too, but would ideally like them to come with COA like all her other ones.

She got another Jessie too from the Disney Store, but the quality is terrible, if it hadn't been purchased from the Disney Store I'd have sworn that it was a counterfeit knockoff.

Really like this Woody here though, looks really good.

is this that much better then the Thinkway collection a few years back that they are pricing at $400?

is this that much better then the Thinkway collection a few years back that they are pricing at $400?

Yeah it is a huge improvement. There is a skeleton inside that lets you pose it however you want. The general look of it is really premium too, they got so many great details in there. I also love the eye movement and interchangeable faces. Coheteboy posted a comparison pic of the two on page 20.

Yeah it is a huge improvement. There is a skeleton inside that lets you pose it however you want. The general look of it is really premium too, they got so many great details in there. I also love the eye movement and interchangeable faces. Coheteboy posted a comparison pic of the two on page 20.

Thanks, I'll pick it up if the price drops on it. I already have the whole Thinkway collection.

It's a great looking piece. I love it. But there is a huge part of me that wants it to LOOK the way it does and just be a rag doll. So far neither Thinkway or Medicom have delivered the quintessential Woody as he would be in the films.

Ultimate Woody is a great great figure. Thinkway is a great rag doll but with the wrong facial expression. I wish I had Thinkway made the completely on-model "dead"Woody, leaving the "alive" Woody to Medicom.

b9d55195a11e2763fa8af6a9bd315630_zpszwzj8ndm.jpg

This figure is sooo overpriced even for medicom standards. Wasn't there an excellent real buzz lightyear with multiple expressions and made of metal or something?

I don't think we ever saw that face in the movie, at least not in a shot you can see. Revoltech released it with their first run of Woody and that's where the meme comes from.

I don't think we ever saw that face in the movie, at least not in a shot you can see. Revoltech released it with their first run of Woody and that's where the meme comes from.

I think it was supposed to represent him laughing at Buzz:

woody.jpg

Back