MCU - Phase Four

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, no, no! It's all superheroes all the time now. You love Han Solo and now you love Star Lord! You loved the Ents and now you love Groot! You loved the Exorcist and now you love Venom! You loved Scorsese films and now you love the Joker! You loved Monster and now you love Captain Marvel! Right? You were supposed to love her! Love her!!! Love her!!!!!!!

Buncha no good entitled moviegoers around here! :nono

I wouldn't have minded if all that Cape**** was just actual movies staring Cape characters. You can make a Lex Luthor movie in the vein of Wall Street & Wolf Of Wall Street, and just pepper it with Superman characters. That'd be an actual film. Yu can make a solo Doom movie that's a Political Drama or a Gothic Romance. But they don't make those films. They just make Cape****.

Only thing I want to see from the new phase is Charlie Cox Daredevil Season 4 and Jon Bernthal Punisher Season 3.

Only thing I want to see from the new phase is Charlie Cox Daredevil Season 4 and Jon Bernthal Punisher Season 3.

You do know though that it will never happen, right? The shows were decent for what they were, but people need to get over them, I find it unlikely that any actor will reprise their role in the future of Marvel. Maybe 1 at best.

Bernthal sucks. As Wolverine, as Punisher, as everything. Let it go.

You do know though that it will never happen, right? The shows were decent for what they were, but people need to get over them, I find it unlikely that any actor will reprise their role in the future of Marvel. Maybe 1 at best.

For those that can't, they'll be able to see them again 20 years from now at various Comic-Cons, signing autographs & posing for photos at their respective booths...

I loved DD and Luke Cage especially (Iron Fist is the only one I didn't care enough about)...

But no, I think they will all be rebooted and re-casted. I'm not interested in that at all myself and don't even know if I'll want to watch any of it, but I'm not in denial about that being the almost certain move.

But Bernthal will always be my Punisher. And many of the Netflix cast are well represented in my Marvel 1/6th collection.

You know you don’t know that, right?

2021 is my guess for when they will announce their return. They can develop Daredevil right now. They are too popular. Actors want to come back. Executives have wanted them to come back. Disney can put them on Hulu or make an “adult” section on Disney+.

I wouldn't have minded if all that Cape**** was just actual movies staring Cape characters. You can make a Lex Luthor movie in the vein of Wall Street & Wolf Of Wall Street, and just pepper it with Superman characters. That'd be an actual film. Yu can make a solo Doom movie that's a Political Drama or a Gothic Romance. But they don't make those films. They just make Cape****.

There is a fine line between homages and ripoffs. Maybe Joker isnt a complete ripoff, but it feels like I just bought a DC skin pack DLC for Taxi Driver/KOC. Im a simple man: I like to see things pop from the comics onto the screen, provided they are good stories. I would love to see an X-tinction Agenda adaptation or a Kingdom Come adaptation make it to film.

There seems to be an increased obsession with making supervillains ultra-realistic and sympathetic, meanwhile there isnt anything near the same energy being funneled into superheroes like Superman in terms of depth. How about depth without inherent contradiction? Hulk is just an overgrown Banner now, Steve Rogers is just an over-aged regressing character who Thanos-snapped Peggy Carters former family into oblivion, Thor is just an overweight joke, and nothing but watered down female-versions of Iron Man + everyone else on the horizon to make sure that the ever-present neo-chivalry is in full effect. Call it whatever you like, left or right, it aint good.

If Fantastic Four is done right I hope its enough to correct the downward trajectory.

There is a fine line between homages and ripoffs. Maybe Joker isnt a complete ripoff, but it feels like I just bought a DC skin pack DLC for Taxi Driver/KOC. Im a simple man: I like to see things pop from the comics onto the screen, provided they are good stories. I would love to see an X-tinction Agenda adaptation or a Kingdom Come adaptation make it to film.
The simple fact of the matter is thatmost cape stories are some of the lowest tier writting there is. They feature men in silly costumes beating each other up, never killing each other for the sake of the narrative, while having convulted plots, asspulls that come out of nowhee and so on and so forth. You could get away with it in a cartoon, but nobody's going to drop millions to adapt Chuck Austen's X-Men. I know I know, there are tons of classic stories, but they'e that because either they break the mold, or because they're more accessible. And that's for the Big Names, or at least those ones who have been in publication for a looooong time. Because if you start going into stuff like Deathlok or Darkhawk, you're merely going by a premise there, since the plots and whatnot themselves are trash-tier. And that holds for about, what, 85% of the Cape stuff.

Look, we like all those things, but objectively speaking, they're literally drawings with basic words stuck on top, especially superhero ones. They're not grand tales, they're meant to humor kids and early teens for a while, until they discover "gritty and mature" stuff in their teens, then some indie stuff in their late teens, and are done with the hobby by their early/mid 20s. At least that's the way it should be. Now, if we're talking about stuff like Comic Books in general, then that's wholly different from Capes. There are tons of comics that can be adapted and make for great films, but that's a wholy different discussion.

There seems to be an increased obsession with making supervillains ultra-realistic and sympathetic, meanwhile there isnt anything near the same energy being funneled into superheroes like Superman in terms of depth.
It's easier to make a more "meaty" movie with villains. A Lex Luthor film would be Wolf Of Wall Street/Wall Street with some Mad Scientist stuff thrown there and mixed with something like House Of Cards or Ides Of March. A Doctor Doom film would be a Gothic Romance or a Political Drama. Because the villain has no "villain", you get to disregard the whole Cape aspect and just do a normal movie with some "flair". But a SuperHero has to wear the over-the-top costume, has to save the world, has to beat up a villain and so on an so forth. You don't go into a Captain America movie expecting 2-hours of a man-out-of-time dealing with his surroundings and shot as an Oscar Bait movie. Sure, you could do that, but with a "new IP", not "CAPTAIN AMERICA". Meanwhile, Lex is a guy in a three piece suit. Doom is a Dictator/King. If you made a Vandal Savage or Ras movie, it'd be about Evil Highlander or Ninja Warlord, dressed in normal clothes with "normal" ambitions and plots. Deathstroke is a Merc, which means that a movie about him would be very easy to do. You get the point. Villains have less otherworld demands and can thus work as serious movies.

How about depth without inherent contradiction? Hulk is just an overgrown Banner now, Steve Rogers is just an over-aged regressing character who Thanos-snapped Peggy Carters former family into oblivion, Thor is just an overweight joke, and nothing but watered down female-versions of Iron Man + everyone else on the horizon to make sure that the ever-present neo-chivalry is in full effect. Call it whatever you like, left or right, it aint good.
It's all because of the shared universe ********. Back then you got a Trilogy and that was it. So you had a limited pool of characters, a couple of stories and you had to get the point across. The Hero was the main star, and the films were about his journey. Nowadays you have to make room for interconnectivity, you cannot take the story where you want it to go because there's a shared overarching plot, you cannot have your own mini-universe with rules and most importantly, you have to SUBVERT THE EXPECTATIONS! And that last part is responsible for what you're talking about.

See, back in the day, the whole point of a superhero flick was to see the guy suit up, his powers come alive and the villain have some insane scheme and a cool costume. The hero got the girl, there was some nice action and everyone was satisfied. You played around with the concept, but that was the gist of it. They were more Kid-Friendly versions of stuff like Predator, Commando; Action Flicks in general. But now you just cannot do that due to the current climate.

If Fantastic Four is done right I hope its enough to correct the downward trajectory.
Eh, kinda. The F4 bicker a whole lot, and tons of stories take place in the Baxter Building. Just have them be a wholesome family of WASPs who goes all Star Trek and has Cosmic Adventures. Not much else is needed. Which kinda proves again that the concept is better than the vast majority of the source material...

You know you don’t know that, right?

2021 is my guess for when they will announce their return. They can develop Daredevil right now. They are too popular. Actors want to come back. Executives have wanted them to come back. Disney can put them on Hulu or make an “adult” section on Disney+.

Neither do you, right? Sure, anything is possible, but I find it extremely unlikely. Those were done under Loeb and Quesada. Now with Feige at the helm, I doubt he will revisit the same stuff again. I'm sure the characters will be coming back in some fashion, but definitely not the same as on netflix.

The 2 single biggest things i?m looking forward to the most in P4/P5 are:

Spoiler Spoiler:

and

X-Men/Brotherhood/F4 reimagined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Raimi does Strange's Multiverse then I believe it's a given.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I also think Blade will be connected to the story like no brainer really lol

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if
Spoiler Spoiler:

I wouldn't be surprised if
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think Raimi coming back is Feige giving him his Spiderman 3 moment back and what a perfect way for Feige to get back at Arad than THAT!

Feige has all the chess pieces he needs to make Raimi magic again but under his watch this time.

I would love it if Dafoe and Maguire came back. I still love the first 2 Spider-Man movies by Raimi. That version would work in the MCU as well.

Love Storm’s but the rest are too Singerverse. They need to embrace the color and ditch the black as the primary color of the uniform.

Last edited:
Back