McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I found Dale's RV at Walmart for $ 49 plus the upper/lower prison cells for $ 13 each. Assembled the prison cells this weekend, they are pretty cool.

20833788759_ae342573f6_b.jpg

21010765462_fb43db522e_b.jpg

20832639580_12918f61a2_b.jpg

21020806345_e185763d70_b.jpg

Now, onto the RV!

I waited for Dale's RV before getting any of the sets. Glad I did. What a pain in the ass to assemble, plus missing 5 pieces. A nice result but no fun to the construction aspect at all.

Heads up!

Just picked up the Woodbury Assault Vehicle Building Set at Toys R Us here in Northeast Philly so they are out there! Haven't put it together yet but I will post pics when I do (tomorrow's project!)

McFarlane just announced TV Series 9:

12002547_1809657615927442_8645120389580982358_o.jpg

Just posted my reviews on the building sets on my Instagram, feel free to check them out at twdtruefacts_

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Real happy about T-Dogg and Beth. Any Walkers always welcome.

I think I'm done with all of the character variants unless they are a substantial change like bearded Rick or teen Carl. I understand it though since the vast majority have the cast has been done and we are getting down to a lot of B list characters.

Rosita, Sasha and Lori might be the only hold outs at this point for me.

Great looking wave! Glad Beth isn't in scrubs and T-Dog is a huge win for the wave. The water walker is an awesome choice. A little odd to have constable Michonne before a Constable Rick, but I imagine he'll be in the next wave. "Dirt variant" is pretty weak on Grave Digger Daryl, which is a weak variant of Daryl already, but I think that's the deluxe figure they showed with the cross and severed zombie head. I kinda like the Death Dale though. I am a fan of 'death' figures though so it wasn't hard to win me over there :lol

I really wish they'd up these to three waves a year or at least bump up the comic figures to 2 full waves a year instead of 1 full wave and an additional wave broken up into SDCC, NYCC, Black Friday exclusives. The Letter Hacks of the latest comic issue confirmed a NYCC and Black Friday figure are coming and that they're more recent characters. Pretty much all but said on of them is Alpha, so that's a good choice there. Hopefully the other is Rick or Maggie.

Actually , if I remember correctly it was the black Friday figure eont be a tv series or a comic series, I believe it's a video game character

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The letter hacks answer didn't say anything about game figures, but it wouldn't surprise me as Clem was last year's Black Friday figure. Alpha for NYCC and a Black Friday Lee sounds good to me.

Understood. I wouldn't want to burn a source either!

I'm just excited we're finally getting some new info now with the show coming back. I'm wondering if NYCC or Toy Fair might be our first official word of Fear the Walking Dead figures. Hopefully that will be an additional line thrown into the mix rather than replacing a TV series wave. I can't say I'm really attached to anyone yet with only 2 episodes, but I'm not opposed to figures either. Travis and Madison seem like the only real 'main' characters so far but I wouldn't be surprised to lose one of them by the end of the season. Heck, most of the family might be dead by then too. I can see this show having a higher body count or turn over rate because of the beginning of the apocalypse timeline. Very little info on whats going on or really how to even kill the zombies. That could make it very tough to put out a line of figures, at least of human characters. And supposedly the walkers don't sell as well as the humans, hence their 1 per wave and lower case ratios. Funny since they seem to be pushing more walkers than humans in the Building line. I'd love multipacks of generic zombies with customizable potential for the 5" line.

I like FOTWD well enough but you're right there hasn't really been anyone figure worthy at this point. I'm sure that will change though.

I'd love multipacks of generic zombies with customizable potential for the 5" line.
Is fantastic idea that they really need to get on.

Kenny and Lee are the only other Videogame characters I can see moving so hopefully one of them gets that exclusive slot.

The Woodbury Assault Vehicle was a royal pain in the ass to build. Don't even ask me how long it took, lol. Missing 2 pieces and the steering wheel was broken (had to superglue it). Emailed McF support once again. They really need better QC with these things. It did turn out nice though!

wdtwav.jpg

I do wish they were Lego easy to put together. Some of the lines pieces just don't fit like they should. You never have that problem with Lego.

Found the Woodbury Assault vehicle, Prison Catwalk, and Boiler Room sets at TRU today. I picked the up catwalk and Woodburymobile with various coupons and rewards and got $16 between the two. Waiting for TRU to get the Hospital or Merle/Daryl sets in to use another coupon with the Boiler Room.

I put together the catwalk set today thinking it would be a fairly quick build, not much different from the upper and lower prison cells. WRONG! It took me over 3 hours and I had to take part of it apart because I royal screwed up and put a couple of pieces on backward and they were vital to put the final pieces on. D'oh!

It looks great once finally together, but I have to say they did a horrible job in the painting of this thing. The wash on some of the pieces is a pinkish color and the cell doors aren't even the same color as the single sets. It doesn't blend in with the single sets, it stands out quite a bit. Very disappointing in that regard. Not to mention its extremely difficult to figure out which shade of gray is the upper and lower sections of the prison cell walls (I struggled with that on the single sets too).

I love the set visually, but these things are NOT fun to put together and that's not a good thing. If enough people are frustrated enough they won't keep buying these, not matter how good they look. They need to work on that Lego ease of assembly for these to become fun. So many parts are hard to connect. My fingers are quite sore from assembling the set. Probably won't even get to the Woodbury vehicle till next weakened so my fingers can heal up. I'm in no real hurry to track down the other new sets at the moment :lol

Back