McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back weren't these going for buy one get second half price or buy one get one free offers on the Mcfarlane website?

I remember I was tempted getting this and the halo 4 statue but shipping that out to Hk would have been risky and costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked online. It definitely was buy one get one free that ran in January this year. Amazing offer at the time.

cant look at that and not think of rick gettin bit any second by walker in headlock
:panic:

do agree tho def a amazing piece

A while back weren't these going for buy one get second half price or buy one get one free offers on the Mcfarlane website?

I remember I was tempted getting this and the halo 4 statue but shipping that out to Hk would have been risky and costly.

Yep, and the quality was horrible on mine. Great statue, but the quality was the same as th $15 toys. Ended up returning both of mine as they weren't even selling for more than $209 at the time :lol I made a big mistake there it sounds like.

That's true. And I REALLY wanted this statue. It just wasn't up to the quality I was expecting on a $300 statue in person. Its too bad because that buy one get one free was an amazing deal!

Well there's the negan one thats coming out.. Not a big fan of the pose he's in

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I like it, but it doesn't really fit the character. He's more about bashing brains in than ripping heads off like Sub-Zero. One mid swing would have been cool.

I found the series 3 blind bags at TRU today. I suck at this blind bags, so I grabbed the full case, or at least most of it since there was only 23 figures. Odd someone just bought one I guess. And unless that one missing figure was another Rick, there does seem to be a chase Rick with a rifle and a blue/grey shirt that's 1 per case. He's not even pictured on the bags so I would have totally overlooked him being included until after I started opening up the bags and looked at the pamphlet.

Nice selection of figures with Abraham, Eugene, and Morgan. Rick, Michonne, and Daryl variants are nice too though. And the walkers are a nice bunch too. Finally glad to have the other Michonne pet, which was also a 1 per case along with two other ones (unless of course the missing figure was their double).

Last edited:
Just finished putting the boiler room together. I swear the instructions on these are getting worse. The first few pages seem to be missing their coloring as the pieces they are indicating are a dark blue and on the instructions they are white or a light grey. An some of the final product colors don't match up with instructions either. Some pipes are grey instead of rust colored. Also there is a 1x1 rust colored brick that is totally out of place. The instructions list there being 1 in the set but nowhere in the building process do they tell you to use it, so at the end when you need two grey 1x1 bricks you have 1 of them and the odd rust colored one. So you either end up having a totally out of place color in the wall or you have to tear the set apart somewhere and put it in a less obvious place. Very frustrating! Not to mention there is an included piece of paper listing two revised steps. They caught these mistakes but not the color issues? Lego has instructions down to a science and these feel like a rough draft that nobody proof read or corrected.

If I didn't love the show so much, I doubt I'd be willing to over look all of these issues. As an adult, I find these extremely annoying to build. I can't imagine any child would actually enjoy building these, which is quite an important part of a building set. I'd almost wish they'd have dropped the building aspect of these sets and had just made diorama sets with minor assembly required. The sets for the most part look great when finished, but getting them finished just isn't fun. They've got to up their game when it comes to the instructions and avoid making difficult connection pieces just to add another couple of pieces to the set. Would Daryl's bike have been less cool if some of those tailpipes are already connected? I don't think so.

That's disappointing that each set is getting worst. I really love the sets when done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

That's disappointing that each set is getting worst. I really love the sets when done.

I don't know if it's so much that they are getting worse, although I have been getting defective and/or missing pieces on each new one that I get, It's really the instructions. The need to show the pieces in ACTUAL COLOR, and I mean the SAME COLOR the corresponding pieces are. They also need to show the illustrations better as to where the pieces connect to one another. They have the pictures angled and it's hard to tell sometimes where they go. I have to go to another page further to see another picture of the connected pieces to know. Those instruction booklets are horrible and it makes of what should be a 2 hour build into 3 1/2 hours.

I don't know if it's so much that they are getting worse, although I have been getting defective and/or missing pieces on each new one that I get, It's really the instructions. The need to show the pieces in ACTUAL COLOR, and I mean the SAME COLOR the corresponding pieces are. They also need to show the illustrations better as to where the pieces connect to one another. They have the pictures angled and it's hard to tell sometimes where they go. I have to go to another page further to see another picture of the connected pieces to know. Those instruction booklets are horrible and it makes of what should be a 2 hour build into 3 1/2 hours.
I agree the directions such ass.

Yup

I already had the Rick statue but a buddy of mine didn't so we split an order...he got Rick and I got Stone Cold...we basically got half price statues

Agreed on the directions 100%!

I finished up the Woodbury Assault Vehicle this weekend - very, very nice. But man, my sore fingers....

A pic of the actual figure of the water walker
12011354_1813814652178405_9066869869085298677_n.jpg

Back