McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBTS has a new blood splattered 10" Rick up for Pre-order. The new accessories make him much more exciting that the bloody Daryl.

I have both Daryl and Rick 10 inchers but I'm passing on this bloody version. Maybe if it was a different pose or clothes but the variant paint and accessories aren't enough for me. Anxious to add Michonne however :panic: :rock

I know all Walmarts aren't carrying the McFArlane build sets. I know there was a link on spawn.com that said which specific ones were selling the Build Sets but I can't find it. Anyone have that link handy?

Found and picked up the prison cells at Walmart tonight. They also had Dale's RV but my order from Walmart.com comes in the next day or two so it seemed silly to buy it again tonight instead of just waiting a few more days. I did get one of each of the prison cells (upper and lowers with each of the 4 figures for a total of 2 upper and 2 lowers). I put together an upper and lower set tonight. While simple, they are pretty cool. They'll look even better when you get a few of them strung together. I'll probably get at least 3 more of each as the instructions demonstrate once they go on sale at TRU during a buy one get one 40/50% off or whatever they've done with the line before.

I really like the customizable options they give you. They include 2 different blankets as well as a few different options for the table that is in the cell. I think they reversed the table accessories though as the Carol set came with an option that had Carl's gun and hat (which explains why he has neither on the figure). But as long as you're getting at least one of each, that shouldn't be an issue.

Really can't wait to build the RV set later this week now! I've heard the boiler room set is also out, but I didn't see it tonight. Although at this point the catwalk with Herschel is the set I want most to really bring the prison cells together.

Any pics? Honestly, I'm mostly curious about the Carl figure.

uploadfromtaptalk1438746782659.JPG so impressed with the Carl action figure, truly amazed

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Man! Can't wait for the new sets to start coming in! Ordered the RV via Walmart.com, should be here by Friday. Checked my local Target, Walmart, and TRU today, no luck. Also ducked into Walgreens for the Grave Digger Daryl, and no luck there either.

MI is a black hole for collectors. At Walmart, I once saw the same Star Wars Battle Droid sit on the same peg from January through November, the only figure there, surrounded by empty pegs. That was a huge reason why I stopped collecting SW figs, because you just get tired of having to resort online...

Regardless, I know they're new, just gotta bide my time :/

I know what you mean, Utah usually is one of the last places to get things too. I've yet to see the comic figures at TRU (even though my series 4 set came from BBTS yesterday) but I've seen Dale's RV at both Walmart and TRU now and the prison cells at Walmart and Target now. So just keep looking. You'll eventually find them!

And speaking of the new comic figures, they are awesome. Going to have to track down a couple more Carls so I can display all three heads at once. Probably another pin cushion too. The whole wave is a home run and they all have perfect paint. Why can't any of the TV figures come out this good? Are the comic figures made in a different factory? I mean it not that their lack of a likeness is helping them. The paint is just so crisp and clean and how it should be. I mean Jesus has a great beard and Rick is still struggling in the TV line with his beard! The only nit to pick in this wave is the blood on Jesus' legs. Its bright red. Very unrealistic compared the amazingly realistic blood on Carl's heads. Carl's is perfectly dark and wet-shiny. Now that's how you do toy blood!

So my luck: I get Dale's RV in the mail from Walmart yesterday, and put it together (cool set), but Dale came with two left arms (with watch) and no right arm (with binoculars). I went to Mcfarlane's website to send a customer service email to see about a replacement arm, and the page keeps erroring out when trying to send it...
I also messaged them on FB, but I highly doubt I'll get a response on there :/

Does anyone know their direct email so I can get in touch directly? Something like [email protected]?

So my luck: I get Dale's RV in the mail from Walmart yesterday, and put it together (cool set), but Dale came with two left arms (with watch) and no right arm (with binoculars). I went to Mcfarlane's website to send a customer service email to see about a replacement arm, and the page keeps erroring out when trying to send it...
I also messaged them on FB, but I highly doubt I'll get a response on there :/

Does anyone know their direct email so I can get in touch directly? Something like [email protected]?
You'd have better luck just returning it to Walmart than with McFarlane I think. It took me over a month and dozens of emails to return a statue I bought from their own store. Very poor and frustrating customer service.

If you already built the RV just wait til you find it in store buy and swap the defective Dale then return it.

That is a fantastic idea! As much as I liked putting it together, I wasn't looking forward to taking it all apart and building it again.

Hey all here's my review on the Series 7.5 Woodbury Assault Rick Grimes and Flu Walker! Enjoy! :)

Ryan

Back