McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TWD_two1.jpg

TWD_three.jpg

TWD_one1.jpg

Hey guys I managed to build the builder sets but couldn't find the blind bags anywhere in two different tru.. Were the blind bags in the same section of the builder sets?

Went to the local Toys R Us, and they hadn't even heard of the building sets -_-

Did you try online and the option to pick up in store? The same thing happened when I went to my TRU, but I went and ordered it online and they had it ready in less than an hour. That was for the govs room and Daryl's chopper set.

I wonder how long these will be exclusive to TRU? Seems like they'd lose a lot of business by having these exclusive to TRU beyond the first wave.

I believe they are exclusive to TRU for the rest of 2014. Then in 2015 any store that wants them can order.

Did you try online and the option to pick up in store? The same thing happened when I went to my TRU, but I went and ordered it online and they had it ready in less than an hour. That was for the govs room and Daryl's chopper set.

I wonder how long these will be exclusive to TRU? Seems like they'd lose a lot of business by having these exclusive to TRU beyond the first wave.

Awesome pics!

Are the blind bags in a box display like the Halo blind bags or on pegs?

I found them in boxes on the shelf.

So I went back to my TRU today to pick up either the Daryl Bike or the Gov and EVERYTHING was gone and replaced with other stuff, as if it had never been there. Not in the action figure section, either. I actually found the rare cool TRU employee who checked the computer and confirmed that they are sold out. However she also confirmed that they have a huge amount on-order so it should be no trouble finding anything once they restock. :)

Cool thanks for the info

Awesome pics!

I found them in boxes on the shelf.

So I went back to my TRU today to pick up either the Daryl Bike or the Gov and EVERYTHING was gone and replaced with other stuff, as if it had never been there. Not in the action figure section, either. I actually found the rare cool TRU employee who checked the computer and confirmed that they are sold out. However she also confirmed that they have a huge amount on-order so it should be no trouble finding anything once they restock. :)

Went to one of the two stores near my house today to look at the sets and of course I picked the one that had no idea what I was talking about. I looked online and the other store near me has them in stock. I may go check them out. The governor set looks pretty cool.

I am hoping they get more blind bags but I have a feeling TRU exclusivity to the Build a Sets is only the one shipment. They'll probably get more when everyone else gets them as well. I hope I am wrong. I still need Daryl and Sophia. Correct me if I am wrong, that's the way it works with Walgreens with the standard 5" figures.

I don't know if it's exactly how it works. I could very well be wrong, but I think Walgreens just happens to get them early whereas TRU has official exclusivity.

Yeah, they are initially exclusive to TRU. If they line takes off (and it looks like it is) then they'll start selling them to other retailers. TRU is basically the pilot program for the line at the moment. The fact they are going ahead with a series 2 already is a great sign.

I personally hope we get a Governor's tank set before too long to go with the already established prison stuff.

Back