McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suck at the blind bags. Picked up three more walkers today. Ending up with a second male (got him the first trip) and 2 pets. The female and Sophia elude me.

I did much better with the humans. Was able to feel out Michonne's sword. The Governor's bulk gave him away. Daryl was just the one that didn't feel like Michonne or the Governor. Luckily, got Carl the first trip. So I'm done with the humans! Yeah!

Just hope I'll be able to get Sophia and the female walker without much more trouble.

I put together my first set today - the Governor's room. Love it. A little disappointed I ended up with one wrong painted fish tank (had the wrong black paneling pattern) but other than that, its an easy build and looks fantastic. I just wish there was an easier way to swap out floor boards if you want to add ones with peg holes for figures, furniture, etc. I think cutting the corers with a bit of black paint was a lame decision if they can't get the right ones in. Painted all around would have been better, especially since "Todd's Tips" encourages you to mix up the fish tank order for a customized display. A bit hard to do that with unpainted sides on some tanks.

Definitely loving this line :rock

One of my tanks was off too, but I was able to position it close to the wall so you can't really notice it. It still drives me crazy knowing its like that though.

What isle/section in TRU are you guys finding these on? I know every store is different but they all seem to have a similar structure. I bought the gov's room and Daryl's chopper on there website and picked up in store but looked around and couldn't find any of the blind bags or figure upgrade packs.

I mentioned in one of my prior reply posts the same issue with the black paint on one of the tanks and one top. Maybe that's just the way they are. Anyone try a sharpie yet to color the side that shows uncolored?

Also at the other TRU they were in the collectable figure isle, same as the one around me.

I failed hardcore with the walker bags today. Got three tan shirts and one of the other generic. No pet, no Sophia. I was positive I had one of each. :lol

At least my prison tower will be heavily populated. :)

I failed hardcore with the walker bags today. Got three tan shirts and one of the other generic. No pet, no Sophia. I was positive I had one of each. :lol

At least my prison tower will be heavily populated. :)
Yeah it's not bad getting more Zombies. You can even mix the parts with most. And there's always nice to have a body part lying around the scenery.

Still haven't found the blind bags but picked up the 5 pack today. Are you guys having issues getting the Zombie torso to fit with the waist part where it is snug? I can't get 2 of the 3 to snap together snugly.

I only had trouble putting one zombie from the five pack together. I think he's wearing mostly blue (not in front of me at the moment).

Stopped at TRU on my way home - 2 Sophia's and a pet. So technically I have all the blind bag figs but I'd like another pet.

I didn't realize Sophia came with a half zombie, too. Awesome!

Yeah the blue one was one of the ones that gave me an issue

I only had trouble putting one zombie from the five pack together. I think he's wearing mostly blue (not in front of me at the moment).

Stopped at TRU on my way home - 2 Sophia's and a pet. So technically I have all the blind bag figs but I'd like another pet.

The 1/2 zombie is a stand. Did she also include the little clear stand?

The 1/2 zombie is a stand. Did she also include the little clear stand?

Yes, but she can't use it as she doesn't have the loop around either of her feet. She's got a peg instead that plugs into the dead zombie torso.

Finally snagged her and the female herd walker, so I'm all complete now until the Prison set comes out :rock

I managed to find some of the blind bags but no luck on the 5 pack. They had 5 walkers and 4 humans so I grabbed them all. But I got lucky and got one of each and then an extra Sophia so I'm pretty happy with the haul. Went ahead and PO the prison tower from TRU website too.

I just saw on Mcfarlane's FB the pics from NYCC of Dale's camper and some prototypes of some future sets. They all look awesome. Looks very season 3 heavy, but I'm good with that.

The sculpts are pretty remarkable on these zombies and after seeing the list they are coming out with I have to know is there anyway to blow up sculpts to the 5" scale.

nycc2014_mcfarlane_27.jpg

Last edited:
Back