McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clark Toys has carded images of Comic Series 3.

rick-grimes-the-walking-dead-comic-version-series-3-mcfarlane-30.jpg
andrea-the-walking-dead-comic-version-series-3-mcfarlane-27.jpg
dwight-the-walking-dead-comic-version-series-3-mcfarlane-27.jpg
punk-zombie-the-walking-dead-comic-version-series-3-mcfarlane-35.jpg

Release should be soon.

They all look great! Can't wait to pick them up. Will definitely be getting a couple extra Ricks and Zombies for customs. Glad I bought an extra Negan recently as Dwight seems to be missing an accessory he could have had.

They all look great! Can't wait to pick them up. Will definitely be getting a couple extra Ricks and Zombies for customs. Glad I bought an extra Negan recently as Dwight seems to be missing an accessory he could have had.

Yeah, I would have preferred that accessory (is it a spoiler?) over the assault rifle.

Also, is the Punk Zombie's guitar broken or does it come apart to hold easier?

Yeah, I would have preferred that accessory (is it a spoiler?) over the assault rifle.

Also, is the Punk Zombie's guitar broken or does it come apart to hold easier?

I guess its still a mild spoiler. Hard to really gage when its OK to reveal a print spoiler. TBP released?

And yeah, it looks like the guitar comes apart. Battle damage guitar! :lol

Lol hey, that isn't my fault people don't follow the comics ;)

Like I said above, its hard to say when a comic/book spoiler is fair game. But considering Carl's had a missing eye for a couple of years now, I'd say its fair game. Putting it on a TV figure might get people's panties in a bunch though :lol

It still amazes me how many people still don't know comic Rick is one handed though. I mean he's been a lefty in the comics far longer now than he was two handed. Still wonder if he'll lose it on the show or if Merle kind of took on that injury. I suppose if he's going to lose it on the show it will either be sometime this season or when Negan finally shows up. I mean I guess it can always happen if things start to get stale, but based on past comic storylines those would be the two logical places to do that now that we've gone through the Governor arc.

I guess its still a mild spoiler. Hard to really gage when its OK to reveal a print spoiler. TBP released?

And yeah, it looks like the guitar comes apart. Battle damage guitar! :lol

Like I said above, its hard to say when a comic/book spoiler is fair game. But considering Carl's had a missing eye for a couple of years now, I'd say its fair game. Putting it on a TV figure might get people's panties in a bunch though :lol

It still amazes me how many people still don't know comic Rick is one handed though. I mean he's been a lefty in the comics far longer now than he was two handed. Still wonder if he'll lose it on the show or if Merle kind of took on that injury. I suppose if he's going to lose it on the show it will either be sometime this season or when Negan finally shows up. I mean I guess it can always happen if things start to get stale, but based on past comic storylines those would be the two logical places to do that now that we've gone through the Governor arc.
I'm honestly surprised too! His hand getting cut off happened so early in the comics! And they actually confirmed that they weren't going to cut his hand off because it would be annoying for the actor and editor and cost a ton of money

It looks like they re used series 1 daryls crossbow and added a few adjustments but it does annoy me that they didn't change the handle at all..
a4y9apep.jpg

That and Kirkman has said he regretted doing it to because of how much it has limited what he can do with Rick. But they have also said if they felt strongly enough about it, they would foot the bill for it just like they did with Herschel. But the most logical way around that would be to go with the Lil' Rick route (I honestly don't know why Kirkman didn't think of that for Rick a long time ago). But yeah, I don't really see it coming anytime soon, if ever.

I had kind of hoped the new Rick figure would have had a swappable unbandage arm too. That would have given him a more recent, All Out War, look. Hopefully they'll be able to come up with a relatively easy variant of him by giving him new arms and a jacket over the t-shirt torso and give us a leather jacketed Rick. The comic line moves so slow I'd hate for them to have to use another slot for another new Rick, but its an important look for him and it can be done easily as a variant with only minor new tooling. I mean if they're making full new figures for skybound, why not make some new arms and a torso cover for Walgreens? And of course they can always fall back on the easy Riot gear variant.

It looks like they re used series 1 daryls crossbow and added a few adjustments but it does annoy me that they didn't change the handle at all..
a4y9apep.jpg

And its too bad the way his hair ended up. He should have more of stubble rather than a full goatee. and I don't know what is going on with his chest hair :lol

That and Kirkman has said he regretted doing it to because of how much it has limited what he can do with Rick. But they have also said if they felt strongly enough about it, they would foot the bill for it just like they did with Herschel. But the most logical way around that would be to go with the Lil' Rick route (I honestly don't know why Kirkman didn't think of that for Rick a long time ago). But yeah, I don't really see it coming anytime soon, if ever.

I had kind of hoped the new Rick figure would have had a swappable unbandage arm too. That would have given him a more recent, All Out War, look. Hopefully they'll be able to come up with a relatively easy variant of him by giving him new arms and a jacket over the t-shirt torso and give us a leather jacketed Rick. The comic line moves so slow I'd hate for them to have to use another slot for another new Rick, but its an important look for him and it can be done easily as a variant with only minor new tooling. I mean if they're making full new figures for skybound, why not make some new arms and a torso cover for Walgreens? And of course they can always fall back on the easy Riot gear variant.
Yeah same with Carl getting shot! Lol and he also regrets killing the governor, and honestly I think rick isn't getting his hand cut off because that part of the story ark is done, plus every character that they had to cg out a part of a body died lol! And I wish McFarlane toys stuck with recent looks. And I would honestly rather get a Carl figure or a Jesus figure instead of Ezekiel , I mean Carl has been in sooooo many more issues so they should make a Carl figure. Its just weird what McFarlane toys does

Those actually look pretty cool to me. They're smaller and perfect for scene or diorama creations (if people are into that thing). I dig it, they look neat.

Wow those dio sets looks fantastic! Kinda confused on the scale and those blind bags. Seems to good to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back