McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like it. Much better than the original. I'm trying to think up a base for him but not sure what to do. I'll sculpt a few bodies for the base. Hmmm need ideas guys! [emoji6]

Bri

I think the figure that has the best Daryl likeness (apart from the 10 inch figure) is actually the Funko POP! figure. Not even joking. The simplistic and toony design nails it better than any other figure.

you know whats funny , its that the mcfarlene team do great sculpts and deliver amazing prototypes but when they get to the release they make changes to their paint apps to save up on cost, they do this all the time, and with every line eventually they start to cut more and more on paint apps and even sculpt work to lower the cost of production to allow them to make a slightly bigger profit, just look back at the halo series , they started great but eventually the paint apps got cheaper and eventually the same happen to the sculpts and now its happening with this series, just look at the maggie figure, now daryl , its starting to become lower in quality.
Sadly with time the quality of everything mcfarlene does goes down in quality, almost like its only a cash in after a while vs putting out great quality items.

Man I know I've seen a few crappy ones online but I'm extremely happy with the way the couple Daryl deluxe box sets I bought turned out. I think they look a lot like him, especially more so from certain angles. For how small of figures this series is, I think they nailed it. Maggie on the other hand was just awful. Lauren Cohan is such an extremely beautiful woman and her representation in figure form is a joke. Everything else about the figure looked dead on but her face looks alien-esque. And this is how I've seen about 20+ of them in stores.

yet ironically enough the first Daryl looked more ike the actor. Im serious.

I had no problem with either Daryl figure released aside from his stubby arms in series 1 which look a tad absurd. As far as the likenesses go, both capture his look for the specific period of time in the show pretty well. There's been worse figures in the line (Maggie & Shane come to mind).

I think we might be getting a SDCC Varient!
agygedu8.jpg

Its a given. We got bloody michonne the first year and riot gear governor last year. I imagine it will be another comic figure this year. The easiest idea (and one I'll be doing it they don't) is the series 3 Rick head on the riot gear body.

Its a given. We got bloody michonne the first year and riot gear governor last year. I imagine it will be another comic figure this year. The easiest idea (and one I'll be doing it they don't) is the series 3 Rick head on the riot gear body.

True, i think it could be a rick or dwight considering they come out next month! Will you be getting the remake shane?

True, i think it could be a rick or dwight considering they come out next month! Will you be getting the remake shane?

Like I said, my money's on a Riot Gear Rick as its just a head swap. Not sure what they could do with Dwight other than a B&W variant.

Of course they could really surprise us and go a full Negan and give us an all new figure. Did they say when it would be revealed? I remember just a few short years ago people announced SDCC exclusives back in Feb or April. Then May. Then June. And now we're lucky if anything is announced more than a week out from the con! :lol There were even a few things last year I didn't know existed until I saw them at the con!

At least the Skybound figures are the easiest figures to get at the con. I literally walked up last year, said "On Governor, please." Handed over my cash and walked away. 10 seconds tops. Wish they were all that easy :(

And yeah, sadly I'll be getting Shane. I've got everything else so far (non B&W that is) and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I have a problem :lol

Like I said, my money's on a Riot Gear Rick as its just a head swap. Not sure what they could do with Dwight other than a B&W variant.

Of course they could really surprise us and go a full Negan and give us an all new figure. Did they say when it would be revealed? I remember just a few short years ago people announced SDCC exclusives back in Feb or April. Then May. Then June. And now we're lucky if anything is announced more than a week out from the con! :lol There were even a few things last year I didn't know existed until I saw them at the con!

At least the Skybound figures are the easiest figures to get at the con. I literally walked up last year, said "On Governor, please." Handed over my cash and walked away. 10 seconds tops. Wish they were all that easy :(

And yeah, sadly I'll be getting Shane. I've got everything else so far (non B&W that is) and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I have a problem :lol

No details about the teaser yet, i will definitely post about it when i see more about it

Back