Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
31ea1a23-dfda-4fa8-bba9-fc73e8f3d933.733386ed61d1f8ac295902e67089d248.jpeg

28db36a7-efd7-426e-a84e-0c65040f4bef.bacdc2cb151c63a49ee3b1d6c95ee9d1.jpeg

:lol:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:slap

It looks hedious on how the photographer poses the figure, the proto looks really good tho.

McFarlane-Gold-Label-Batman-001.jpg

The Batman fetish is bordering on parody...I know the brand manager suggested WB plays a large part in the character selection, but that's by far the current biggest weakness of what's otherwise been a very stellar line.

The Batman fetish is bordering on parody...I know the brand manager suggested WB plays a large part in the character selection, but that's by far the current biggest weakness of what's otherwise been a very stellar line.

Dude, seriously lol.

Gothic/Horror theme is what Mcfarlane excels at, I'm good with what they are currently doing. We've had regular Batmans from DC Direct and Mattel and I'm sick of those. This change is great, I don't see how not having regular Batman makes everyone hate on McFarlane tho. Doesn't make sense, we've had those for like decades already.

Dude, seriously lol.

Yes seriously.

This change is great, I don't see how not having regular Batman makes everyone hate on McFarlane tho. Doesn't make sense, we've had those for like decades already.

I said nothing about normal Batmen. I said I'd like a more diverse character selection, which yes, imo is currently the biggest issue with the line.

Yes seriously.

I said nothing about normal Batmen. I said I'd like a more diverse character selection, which yes, imo is currently the biggest issue with the line.

But then again. We aren't seeing multiple versions of repaints. The figures brand new sculpts among the Batmen figures.
McFarlane planned out the heavy hitters during his first year. You can say he's doing a lot of Batman variations but also gave us core characters like Superman, upcoming Flash, with more to come. I'm betting some of the Last Knight on Earth Wonder Woman figures will be reused for a regular/classic look Wonder Woman in 2021.
What I do want to see if more female characters included.

I have some ideas on what I want to see for the toy line but no complains here for the most part.

McFarlane planned out the heavy hitters during his first year.

The heavy hitters is not my problem. It's the constant variations of the same 3-4 heavy hitters. Again, the sculpting and paint are great and the articulation, while not necessarily spectacular, is good. I overall like the product. I just want more non-Batman characters going forward. Even Mattel, while putting out a vastly inferior product, at least had a greater diversity of characters.

Yes seriously.

They are only on their first year and people are freaking out that there are not enough characters from other comics. Seriously?

I'd give them this year to showcase their talents and amazing price point to get more people into their line-up of toys before heading into other series.

Mattel has tons of shelve warmers due to the inconsistent line-up of characters, I don't want Mcfarlane to follow suit. Instead just go along with what they have been doing which is to complete a certain comic series then head on to others.

They are only on their first year and people are freaking out that there are not enough characters from other comics. Seriously?

It's their first year and so far they've managed to do 17 variations of Batman, not counting repaints. Yes, I think that's a little excessive and would like to see a broader character selection.

Mattel has tons of shelve warmers due to the inconsistent line-up of characters

Mattel had a ton of shelf warmers because the figures themselves were not good, not because there weren't enough variations of Batman (there were still a lot). If we're going to seriously argue that DC has no marketable characters outside of Batman, Superman, Joker and maybe occasionally Wonder Woman and the Flash, then the brand has far bigger problems to contend with.

Being a dc fan, ive seen many lines start and fail. Mattel (post dcuc, especially) and dcd/dcc were pretty frustrating in that way.

While I wanna see more non-bat stuff, I do kind of get behind what?s been done so far. Here?s why: I think it has gained them more popularity, or at least made people attention. If people didn?t dig the first wave or two, Especially dc1000 batman, they perhaps wouldn?t have purchased a wave three companion figure to that batman. Thinking in terms of dc icons...kind of a lukewarm start imo and by the time the line hit it?s stride they pulled the plug for lack of interest.

I think going artist specific was a brilliant move. That wk batman is a work of art, i think, and now I will buy anything sean gordon murphy related.

While I can skip stuff I am excited for the next reveals. The rate at which these are solicited is also impressive and keeps the momentum and anticipation going.

I am super jazzed for the baf bane and scarecrow companion. Those will be awesome just as their own piece.

Although I?m way more into more wide ranging shelves these days anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! BBTS put up pre-orders for Dark Nights:Metal so now I have a shot at getting Devastator instead of trying to extract one from Wally World!:yess:
Now if BBTS could get the GI Joe Classifieds Cobra Island figures I'd be set.

Back