McFarlane Toys bringing Movie Maniacs back!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, there's a nice horror sized hole in 1/6 these days, if McFarlane were willing to use the old Movie Maniacs name to exploit it. It would mean pushing into new areas and techniques for them, but accurate and film specific versions of the likes of Freddy, Jason, Ash, Chucky, and Michael done to current standards in 1/6 scale would still find an audience, I think. Not to mention cult horror characters like Candyman, Ghostface, Herbert West, Norman Bates, and so on, that could also be drawn on, and peppered through with the more popular a-list releases. Sideshow doesn't seem to have much interest in horror these days, figures wise, and so the only real competition is threezero, who only put out one horror release a year or so.

I don't see it happening that way, of course, but it's what I'd do. And I also don't see what McFarlane could hope to do to compete with Neca in their traditional scale, when Neca has really sewn up much of what most fans would want of these characters at that scale already.
I agree 100% but I'd be shocked if they did 1:6 stuff. Plus NECA is already going after the smaller films like The Fog, Silent Night and others. McFarlane has a lot of ground to make up if they wish to compete again.
I was commenting on this exact thing on Facebook. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but if Todd has been paying attention to the 1:6 market he'd be stupid NOT to dive into 1:6 with Movie Maniacs. Can you just imagine how freaking awesome it would be to see McFarlane back in the game giving quality 1:6 horror figures? It would be nostalgia and it would be scratching an itch that not many 1:6 companies want to touch for whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man even 12” will take up too much of my limited shelf space so i’m sticking to 6” and 7”.

But for those that want it I hope they make it.

Back