Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

FIGURE-017926.jpg

dancouga...sd format and combiner mode and diecast. dayum.

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

I hope this isn't off topic but I just wanna share my latest robot figure I modelled and printed. It's a Red Shoulder Scopedog from the Votoms anime.
vot.JPGprimed.jpgarm1.jpg12795372_10201289810644265_6244517284845585237_n.jpg12801376_10201289810324257_7956505518511466421_n.jpg

that looks solid. :]
i bought the kotobukiya D-Style scopedogs a year ago. only managed to build 1 out of 3 units.lolz

Thanks, it also weighs about 500 grams with all the weapons attached. Also the hatch opens for a small figure to be insterted in the cockpit and it has the stand by mode gimick. This figure is 10 inches tall.
12799458_10201285327972201_8124394427822261496_n.jpg12718068_10201299254920366_3009510378247606496_n.jpg

I wonder if it's worth waiting for it to go on sale. Mazinkaiser would definitely be more popular in the Japanese market than other recent Riobot releases, and chogokin fans around the world are taking notice of this figure. Maybe it'll sell out, who knows.

That said, I personally don't want it unless it's on sale, so here's hoping it stick around for a while.

Finished up the review for FanMade (Wazzup Family) Q-Mench Aggy

Sweet, I've been wanting to find out more about this toy when I first saw pics on Lunar Toys' FB page... btw just a heads-up, I quickly scanned the text from the page and noticed a typo, you left "Pandinus" in the last line.

Hey all! I've been offered a Fewture Getter Poseidon for about $320 from a local collector. I haven't yet seen it in person but apparently it is in mint condition. If you've had experience with the figure, I would love to hear about it.

Dang that's a nice price

It seems I keep getting lucky (or unlucky, from the perspective of my wallet). Another local collector has offered me his new, sealed black Getter repaint for $200. I have heard it has some issues but can't pass it up for that price.

Getter Poseidon had some smudges on the non-treaded legs out of the box, so I decided to apply carnauba wax and buffed everywhere except the chest under the orange panel and the upper arms. There are still some paint imperfections visible under direct light—in particular, a slightly uneven surface on the legs—but I still think the results were worth it. These are nothing fancy, just photo from my phone, but I wanted to make a record of it, since the finish will still degrade over time. You can find the whole gallery here.

A few shots under a direct bulb (the flash on my phone).

Last edited:

Man that's some nice gokin :) I've seen in all the rocket punch army reviews that ex gokin figures often have paint flaws but man they still look amazing

Thank you! I think my paint is mostly alright, but there are some smudged and obviously brushed areas. Luckily it's nothing too noticeable--a spot on the foot, stuff like that. I'm not sure how but the car wax has improved the finish in most areas, so now I'm very happy with how it looks. I do wish Fewture overhauled their engineering a little, though--Poseidon cannot look up very far at all, and the thighs need ratchets for the forward and backward motion.

Looking forward to adding Black Getter to the family in the next few days.

Looking forward to seeing pics!!! If you haven't checked out all the RPA reviews you may want too, lots of gokin goodness

So I see there's finally a new Boss Borot figure coming out too. Looks to have similar sculpt to the old bandai version

I've been fighting the urge to preorder that Dx Es gokin

I've been fighting the urge to preorder that Dx Es gokin

i have and i lost.lolz

checking out the aftermarket prices for that es gokin maz and great maz....

screw it. i'd rather have the dx es gokin for the same going price.lolz

Back