Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Def pick this up since I pretty much get everything I can that's mazinger related, interesting design, very fewture like but it may be better then their initial plastic figure.

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

New teaser with a bit more details…

1468806_768164059876091_1502310837_n.jpg

those feet and legs did me in...holy crap that looks awesome. I like how they squared his feet rather than the normal rounded feet he usually has.

Damn
I forgot they make pose-able fingers. I still prefer die-cast but this definitely has the opportunity to be great.

A couple new teaser images posted by threezero:

RO1.jpg

RO2.jpg

The hips look a little weird, but overall looks good, what's the deal with those baby stroller handles?

Yikes… I agree, the hips/crotch area looks weird…it actually ruins it for me… bummer since everything else looks pretty cool...

A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips....

It does still look cool but also a bit off.
It's like someone put their hand on the top of his head and squished him down to midget size. Paint is still better than anything else I've seen.

It looks like it was set up in a really wide stance, I'll reserve judgement until I can see it in different poses.

Here's another angle:
1387105504235.jpg

And a more detailed, better lit one posted by Toysdaily:
1472085_683615791659100_604227565_n.jpg

Last edited:

The hips look a little weird, but overall looks good, what's the deal with those baby stroller handles?

The robot designer in me would venture to guess the handles are meant to connect to docking clamps to help secure it during transport.

I'm actually warming up to it a little bit now. It's just very different in the hips.

Yeah the hips are what throw it off. I know its a robot, but its a "fantasy" super robot and by the legs connecting from the outside it gives it a very modern robot'ish design that just make me think of random machinery.

I was really thinking about getting this and now after looking at it again...I'll have to see some more about this because Im sure that bad boy is gonna cost about $350 probably and for that price there are other things Id rather pick up so we'll see.

He kinda looks a little like Boss now doesn't he?

I'm actually warming up to it a little bit now. It's just very different in the hips.

There are notches in the inner thighs that suggest to me they could potentially tuck under the hip, hopefully that's the case. At any rate I'm on the fence about it, but if they decide to include Jet Scrander wings, that could be the tipping point for me.

Yeah the hips are what throw it off. I know its a robot, but its a "fantasy" super robot and by the legs connecting from the outside it gives it a very modern robot'ish design that just make me think of random machinery.

I was really thinking about getting this and now after looking at it again...I'll have to see some more about this because Im sure that bad boy is gonna cost about $350 probably and for that price there are other things Id rather pick up so we'll see.

Yep, I'd rather get the Mazinger DX for that price!

He kinda looks a little like Boss now doesn't he?

Oh snap!!! Now I cannot unsee it!!!

96ADF8589.gif

Yep, I'd rather get the Mazinger DX for that price!

Oh snap!!! Now I cannot unsee it!!!

96ADF8589.gif

yeah I did think about that also Kuzeh. The Maz DX is pretty nice and comes with the hanger and everything. This is a cool version, but hopefully we get more pics then i'll decide.

Is this how the new Mazinger series looked like? Looks more like Votoms than Mazinger.

The Medicom old 1/6 are much better.

So does the DX.

A couple new teaser images posted by threezero:

RO1.jpg

RO2.jpg

Is this how the new Mazinger series looked like? Looks more like Votoms than Mazinger.

The Medicom old 1/6 are much better.

So does the DX.

No this isn't how any of the new Maz series look. All the new animes all look like classic Maz with minor tweaks here and there. This is a more real robot/machined up version of Maz.

Back