Maul in the Blog w/New Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks great! I agree with several members, I'm so glad he doesn't have the way overdone "teeth-grit." I think his stern expression lends far more mystery to the character.

Hey all...I'm a little late to the party...that work thing you know...:eek:

Anyway...I think the prod pics look great! I'm with those that are appreciating the cool expression used on this figure (instead of that limiting snarl)...this one captures that perfect moment as Maul is pacing beyond the energy barrier as Qui-Gon meditates...can't wait to pose them both accordingly...

I wish that those upper-torso tats were going to be there...what a handsome display that would have made with Jan Duursema's superb DH comic art in the background...but hey, perhaps that can be a future edition of the figure, eh?

Also glad that the Joan Crawford poofy-shoulders are gone on his tunic too...that was looking a little bizarre on the proto-pics. The only niggle (and it's a minor one) is how wrinkled his robe looks in the shot...but I'm sure between water-treatments or a little subtle ironing, we'll have it looking great once we get him....which is when exactly again? :maul (soon I hope!!)

The expression on Maul is perfect, I can't wait for this figure.

At least it looks like Maul is still coming in the original style box instead of the Powers that be mandated ugly box.

He looks awesome.

The outfit looks great, now. That was a major concern of mine. It looked like pieces were just 'pasted' on it and too puffy. Almost like what happened with proto Anakin with his crudy looking tunic and crudy leather jerkin. The production turned out way better and 'polished'.

I wonder how the face tats are being done, stencil? and a black body?

some close-ups of Maul...
301131688_18b148e295_o.jpg
301131687_3e93178d09_o.jpg

301131692_85ad1708a4_o.jpg
301131690_83bd1b9afb_o.jpg

301131689_8e1079e855_o.jpg
301138609_ff6bf15403_o.jpg

He looks fantastic...can't wait!

Re: Maul shipping email

Looks like someone over at RS got their processing email

Re: Maul shipping email

Seth Gecko said:
Looks like someone over at RS got their processing email
Yup...
Sideshow Collectibles: Dreaming Of A Sith Christmas?
Posted by Dave on November 20, 2006 at 08:13 PM CST:
Collectors who ordered their 1:6 scale Darth Maul figure directly from Sideshow have been receiving emails informing that the Sith Lord will be showing up at their Los Angeles warehouse in the next 20-25 days. That means many collectors will have this sweet figure before Santa comes.
:blissy

Cool i'll still be having mine in Jan. though.(going through an online place with this one)Nice to hear it's coming and that means final pics.

Looks like he's coming a little earlier than expected! Won't quite make it before Christmas, unless there's a shipping miracle, but still - late December is better than January, eh? :D

SideshowDusty said:
....but still - late December is better than January, eh? :D
I have feeling this only applies to regular orders though. But whatever ships out whenever it does, congrats to those who get notices. Exciting news! :D

Back