Maul in the Blog w/New Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rainman said:
Wrong. Re-read the post. It's the pre-production sample.

It's the approved sample they use for production, in effect this is the Maul they're making now, they are already in production...

Last edited:
Who do I believe? Which one is saying the truth? I lack wisdom... Cap'n, help me out here...:lol

From the blog

We’re happy to announce that the final pre-production samples have been approved, and his production run is in progress!

Seems pretty clear to me. I think the term pre-production may be throwing some people off, it just means this was the final approved version to use for production.

Pre-production samples are what the factory sends to Sideshow to show what the final product will look like. Just think of them as the first production figures to come off the line.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Pre-production samples are what the factory sends to Sideshow to show what the final product will look like. Just think of them as the first production figures to come off the line.

Oh, my bad then. Good to know!

Mookeylama said:
yeah i wish he had a gritted teeth expression or something. still he looks a bit more serious than the proto

I'm glad they didn't.

EVERY Maul figure/bust/tshirt/toothbrush has a snarl.

That makes SS version extra special!

EVILFACE said:
I'm glad they didn't.

EVERY Maul figure/bust/tshirt/toothbrush has a snarl.

That makes SS version extra special!
Amen to that. The Maul snarl is WAAAAAAAY over done and besides I think the look Sideshow ran with is more poseable for different situations. Besides I just love how he looks like he is about to go berzerk, but not quite there.

I agree, the snarl thing for Maul is just way overdone. You're fierce, you're ferrel, you're vicious, you take your drinks straight up in a dirty glass. We get it already. :p

pixletwin said:
Who do I believe? Which one is saying the truth? I lack wisdom... Cap'n, help me out here...:lol

Do you lack wisdom, Pix? If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of Sideshow........:rotfl

I believe post-production means it is a sample from the factory sent to verify the product, meaning what we see is what we are going to get. It's a sample taken from the production run, so it's the real deal.

I think! Anyway he looks great....

Oh, and Pix, you can know if my message is true for yourself. Simply ask Sideshow in faith, and you shall receive. :cool:

I would like to bear my testimony that I know Sideshow is true. I know that Maul is the production sample and, if I have enough money in the bank, I will someday be with him.

:lol

And I agree, the whole snarling thing is lame; I've never liked it in the first place. He's got such a baleful stare that it would be a shame not to use it to the fullest. Between his vengeful stare and Ventress' cold gaze the Sith are gonna be the coolest display EVER! That kind of malevolence needs to be used more!

He looks SO vindictive, it's fantastic! Now where's my Red Palpatine?!?!?!?!

Captain Aldeggon said:
Oh pix.......That is too much! Especially being here at BYU LOL!!!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
... and the spirit went right out the window. ha ha

I cannot wait for Maul. I sure wish they would have shot a better cloak pic tho.' Other than that I think Maul actually may be Sideshow's first true home-run!

I still consider Mace to be perfect, and Obi-wan is nearly there; I don't have issues with the paint applications. But yeah, I really don't see any flaws with this dude. He is 100% flawless so far! Now we just need that new cloak pic and we're ready to start our begging for the shipping to begin!

Back