Mattel WWE Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I repainted the Elite Taker head and resculpted his hairline a bit I like it a lot surprisingly. I'll post pics in a bit.

But even if yu don't want to go through the hassle it actually swapps perfectly with the Jakks head. The body is the same size as DA and it soooo much better. Better tats and proportions.

skin tones a bit off so you might have to repaint that. Its a Fantastic option though...

takerc.jpg

You know he`s back right?I assume it will be Vince vs Bret Hart at next Wrestlemania.

Ya. I had been waiting 12 years for him to come back, but unfortunately I dont see anyway he can wrestle since the stroke has left him in such delicate physical shape. A blow to the head could really have some severe consquences.

my first ever wrestlemania and it could be the most awesome in years! HBK vs undertaker, and vince vs bret. could be amazing.

Yeah and rumours say it will be their retirement match,with HBK ending Taker`s Mania Winning streak.But i don`t think he will leave just yet unless it`s his injuries that`s stopping him.

Ya. I had been waiting 12 years for him to come back, but unfortunately I dont see anyway he can wrestle since the stroke has left him in such delicate physical shape. A blow to the head could really have some severe consquences.

Yeah but you gotta admit,he looked really good,i hope for a HBK vs Bret Ironman Rematch before they both retire,everyone would love to see them both go at it again,with all the history between the 2.

Yeah and rumours say it will be their retirement match,with HBK ending Taker`s Mania Winning streak.But i don`t think he will leave just yet unless it`s his injuries that`s stopping him.

Yeah but you gotta admit,he looked really good,i hope for a HBK vs Bret Ironman Rematch before they both retire,everyone would love to see them both go at it again,with all the history between the 2.

i read somewhere the undertaker's hip injuries are all a shoot, and even his retirement tour is all part of some bigger plan. i guess if anyone should end his streak though it should be HBK. but if he can go on he should. after last year's match, i wouldn't mind seeing those guys going at it every year, with HBK challenging taker's streak. my best friend actually predicted the HBK Taker WM story this year.

and hart did look really good. a little chunkier, but pretty damn healthy. not sure he'd be able to do an ironman match, especially as HBK seems much fitter than him. but i'd settle for even a short vince vs. bret. no major bumps required. but rabid_wolf could be right. after the stroke it's a serious risk. he may take some part in wm26, but perhaps not in a match.

its gonna be awesome if Edge vs.Jericho, Taker vs HBK and Vince Vs Bret. I'm Calgarian AND a 80's baby wrestling fan. That IS wrestling to me!

Im gonna be there too and can't wait.

Sorry,i meant Shawn`s injuries,you clearly see after a long match that his back is hurting,but rumours about his retirement have been all over the place for many years,but he keeps going so we`ll see.

Ending Taker`s streak WOULD be a perfect last match for HBK,best possible ending to his career,anything that can come close to that is a rematch with Bret if bret was healthy enough.

i read somewhere the undertaker's hip injuries are all a shoot, and even his retirement tour is all part of some bigger plan. i guess if anyone should end his streak though it should be HBK. but if he can go on he should. after last year's match, i wouldn't mind seeing those guys going at it every year, with HBK challenging taker's streak. my best friend actually predicted the HBK Taker WM story this year.

and hart did look really good. a little chunkier, but pretty damn healthy. not sure he'd be able to do an ironman match, especially as HBK seems much fitter than him. but i'd settle for even a short vince vs. bret. no major bumps required. but rabid_wolf could be right. after the stroke it's a serious risk. he may take some part in wm26, but perhaps not in a match.

i forgot about the edge vs jericho possibilities too! in my opinion, those guys are 2 of the best in the current roster. especially jericho - he's funny as hell too! just hope edge heals by then.

I really think this is a great, great scan. Best Taker scan yet, Only problem is the paint job makes it look like complete rubbish!

Just a stripping of the paint, repaint of the hair, eyes, eyebrows and goatee and sculpting of the widows peak.

picture35nv.png

picture36st.png

picture38h.png

picture37s.png

picture39p.png

picture34d.png

That's awesome!! Great job!! I'm thinking about doing something similar to my Triple H fig. It has a nice scan, but a horrible factory paint job.

I think 95% of Jakks figures are awful from the neck down so I'm very suprised at how good these initial offeings from Mattel are.

The scaling is of a standard rarely seen during the Jakks era, the body types are much better proportioned than the oversized Jakks ones and there's no freaky looking joints either.

Aside from the obvious ones that are left out for licensing reasons ( CM Punk's Pepsi & Cobra tats ) there doesn't appear to be any missing tattoos or designs on the attire that happens far too often with Jakks and the only real issue is that the headsculpts aren't painted very well.

I'm not going to buy many as I don't like today's WWE but if the Steve Austin figure is an indication of what Mattel can do with the stars of yesteryear then I'll be watching this line with intrest.

My top 5 wants would be
1.Ultimate Warrior
2.Bret "Hitman" Hart
3.Jake "The Snake" Roberts
4.The Rock
5.The Undertaker circa 1990-91

Last edited:
Has anyone found a way (if there is any) to remove the torso from the legs? I got an idea for a custom but won't be able to get it done unless the swap around is possiable.

Decided to give the Elite series a go and have just ordered The Undertaker & Rey Mysterio :banana

The next 3 series of Elite figures are set to include,

Series 2
Triple H
Batista
Randy Orton
Matt Hardy
R-Truth
Ted DiBiase Jr

Series 3
Shawn Michaels
Christian
John Cena
The Miz
Santino
Cody Rhodes

Series 4
Kane
The Big Show
Finlay
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
Kofi Kingston

Well today was the last day for the TRU sale of spend $40 and save $10. My store got a truck today with series 2 flex and elites, so I ended up picking up:

Finley and Hornswaggle
Carlito and Primo
DX Pads w/Triple H DX

Got them all for about $42. Out of the series 2 Elites I can see myself picking up:

Chris Jericho, Triple H, Randy Orton, Matt Hardy, Shawn Michaels, Kane

Just sucks that I gotta wait until Series 4 to get my favorite wrestler.

Got my 2 figures this morning and was blown away.

When the super accurate figures of Japan's top wrestling stars stopped being made 2-3 years ago I never thought I'd see wrestling figures quite so good again as Jakks were never going to make any significant improvements even if they'd retained the WWE license for another 10 years.

There were one or two figures in the short lived Toy Biz TNA line that were close to this sort of accuracy but IMO Mattel have beaten Jakks soundly in virtually every single area with their initial assortments so once they've been going a bit and listened to some customer feedback I expect even greater things.

I'm looking at getting the Elite CM Punk next and will see if I can get a buddy to paint the missing tats for me.

Last edited:
Back