Mattel WWE Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up the Big Show (out of curiousity) and I'm contemplating picking up the Heritage Orton, Elite CM Punk, and the Glamorella 2 pack at some point (Gotta love Santino). Winded up opening the Big Show and liked what I saw. IMO, the Mattel figs looked better than the Jakks figs (which looked way too muscular...although the Jakks heads are better at this point). I'm hoping this line will be a hit. It's still early and Mattel has alot of time to improve after these 1st sets. I was disappointed in the hair color of Michaels and HHH though. Morrison's Mattel head scan came out awful, but the rest of the figure looked well done.

I'm trying not to get sucked into this line as I'm trying to get away from action figures. I only own 1 Jakks Pacific fig....and thats a 1/500 Kofi Kingston that I still have MOC. I still have a shoebox full of Hasbros from when I was a kid (and I refuse to part with those :lol).

Picked up all these guys at TRU today for about $38

555551515551.jpg

Sucks you can't get any movement at all due to the jackets, i thought it would be there but restricted.

Picked up the Big Show (out of curiousity) and I'm contemplating picking up the Heritage Orton, Elite CM Punk, and the Glamorella 2 pack at some point (Gotta love Santino). Winded up opening the Big Show and liked what I saw. IMO, the Mattel figs looked better than the Jakks figs (which looked way too muscular...although the Jakks heads are better at this point). I'm hoping this line will be a hit. It's still early and Mattel has alot of time to improve after these 1st sets. I was disappointed in the hair color of Michaels and HHH though. Morrison's Mattel head scan came out awful, but the rest of the figure looked well done.

I'm trying not to get sucked into this line as I'm trying to get away from action figures. I only own 1 Jakks Pacific fig....and thats a 1/500 Kofi Kingston that I still have MOC. I still have a shoebox full of Hasbros from when I was a kid (and I refuse to part with those :lol).

I was about to pick up the Santino 2 pack, but for me it was mainly for the female figure. In the end I passed and got the Entrance Triple H. Yeah these new ones have a more human look to them as opposed to the roided Jakks figures. BUT the Jakks seemed to have better sculpts (but then again look how long there were making them). I know what you mean about the Morrison HS, saw the pack at Kmart. When comparing the artwork on the box to the figure, you can see that it was pretty off.

I was not wanting to get sucked in either but have spent more then I thought I would. Heck even thought about getting the DX Triple H packaged w/elbow pads. Would of given the pads to the baby so he could wear them when he started crawling. Elites are alot better thoguh, shame I gotta wait to get a better Jericho though.

I'm hoping they start up a classics line like Jakks had. I want my Randy Savage stat!

Jury is still out with classic figs as far as Mattel. they are testing the water with their Heritage line which bases figures off of past Wrestlemanias. The first "classic" is the Stone Cold Steve Austin from Series 1 based on Wrestlemania 17. I'd imagine that the line will continue with past guys in that format.

While Jakks couldn't make Savage because of licensing issues between Macho Man/WWE....supposedly Vince is starting to come around to the idea. However, Savage recently reconciled his friendship with Hogan. If Savage joins TNA anytime shortly, I can assure you he won't be part of the line.

I was about to pick up the Santino 2 pack, but for me it was mainly for the female figure. In the end I passed and got the Entrance Triple H. Yeah these new ones have a more human look to them as opposed to the roided Jakks figures. BUT the Jakks seemed to have better sculpts (but then again look how long there were making them). I know what you mean about the Morrison HS, saw the pack at Kmart. When comparing the artwork on the box to the figure, you can see that it was pretty off.

I was not wanting to get sucked in either but have spent more then I thought I would. Heck even thought about getting the DX Triple H packaged w/elbow pads. Would of given the pads to the baby so he could wear them when he started crawling. Elites are alot better thoguh, shame I gotta wait to get a better Jericho though.

Both figures came out very well. The Mattel Santino is leaps and bounds better than anything Jakks had produced. The nice thing is that Mattel has some time to get things right. The majority of their figs are fantastic for such an early going. They have their share of misses. Not only was I disappointed with Morrison's head sculpt, but I was disappointed in figures of the Miz, Finlay, Rey (it looks off...could be the shortened neck), and the hair colors of both Michaels & Triple H (who could be very good figs w/o the yellow hair).

I was frustrated with the DX Triple H because that was supposed to be a DX Shawn Michaels that winded up getting scrapped. It looked to be a great fig. I'd probably do the same thing with you with the DX elbow pads. My friends son is heavily into wrestling (actually my friend himself is a diehard wrestling fan and got his son into it...he named his son Owen after Owen Hart) and anything like the masks or elbow pads would go right over to him.

Picked up the Elite CM Punk & Two Pack Series 2 Carlito & Primo today. Love the Elite Punk fig alot, and because of this I'm going to hold out on the Heritage Orton & pickup the Elite Orton (Series 2) instead. I'll pick up the Glamorella 2 pack when I see it next time.

I hate the majority of these but the three I have I really like... Standard Batista, Jericho and elite Rey.

Edge and Taker re among my favorite superstars but their elite figures are too horrible for words.

Overall the jakks DA is still a better line IMO, they feel more like figures, Mattels figures are to damn small, they feel like tiny Star Wars figures. The best thing goin for them is more accurate heights and body styles but when will someone finaly give wrestlers nipples? It just looks weird not having nipples.

I hate the majority of these but the three I have I really like... Standard Batista, Jericho and elite Rey.

Edge and Taker re among my favorite superstars but their elite figures are too horrible for words.

Overall the jakks DA is still a better line IMO, they feel more like figures, Mattels figures are to damn small, they feel like tiny Star Wars figures. The best thing goin for them is more accurate heights and body styles but when will someone finaly give wrestlers nipples? It just looks weird not having nipples.

The Edge & Taker Elites have those rubber coats right? Wish they used a more leather-like material as the rubber will eventually break down over time. You should look into the Heritage Series 1 Figures of both of these guys. They are both well made and the Undertaker figure itself is actually taller than the Jakks version (but not by much).

I had a love/hate thing for Jakks DA figs. The body types that Jakks used were very gawky looking at times...although their headscans were nothing short of amazing. I always hated that short guys like Rey Mysterio were the same height as tall guys like the Undertaker. It used to drive me nuts. It's one of the reasons why I just couldn't get into collecting the Jakks line.

the consensus is Jakks wins with heads, Mattel with bodies, which is a fair assesment.

I picked up heritage Austin, Batista, the HBK/Jericho 2 pack, as well as the elite Rey and Taker. I replaced Takers head with the newest Jakks scan, and its not oversized at all, in fact, it makes the figure look like one of the best wrestling figures I own!

I was still taking a look at all my DA Jakks, and, while many are heavily modified, they still do just feel and look so much better than the new mattels

I was frustrated with the DX Triple H because that was supposed to be a DX Shawn Michaels that winded up getting scrapped. It looked to be a great fig. I'd probably do the same thing with you with the DX elbow pads. My friends son is heavily into wrestling (actually my friend himself is a diehard wrestling fan and got his son into it...he named his son Owen after Owen Hart) and anything like the masks or elbow pads would go right over to him.

They still have a DX Shawn, but it is that Force Flex figure. I had thought about getting that and figuring out a way to swap the legs wit the other shawn legs, but then I saw flex had no movement to the legs. I was gonna get the DX Triple H, but its kinda pointless without his teammate. Plus Im sure they will rlease him later on (both triple h and shawn in dx).

Picked up the Elite CM Punk & Two Pack Series 2 Carlito & Primo today. Love the Elite Punk fig alot, and because of this I'm going to hold out on the Heritage Orton & pickup the Elite Orton (Series 2) instead. I'll pick up the Glamorella 2 pack when I see it next time.

Yeah the Elite figures are pretty nice. I wanted to get Orton but will wait for the better one in series 2. Saw the Glam pack and was gonna pick it up but passed....twice. Beth looks good though and she has the articiulation of a elite figure.

I agree, Undertaker and Edge have goofing looking headsculpts, but they look great under the coats. Hope they rlease better versions later in in cheaper form so I can swap heads with the elites.

I winded up caving in and picked up the Heritage Orton. I was going to wait for Elite 2, but thought that maybe it wasn't worth the extra $5 for a cloth shirt and the updated tats. It doesn't make too much sense spending $15 on one Elite fig vs. spending $17 on a two pack like Santino & Beth Phoenix (which is next on my short list). I'm going to look into getting the DiBiase/Rhodes 2 pack as well at some point, no rush though. If I happen to like the Elite Orton, I'll likely pick it up since he's my current favorite anyways.

I have yet to see them in stores but knowing me I'll probably get a HHH and a Stone Cold at some point.... I hope they revisit some classic figs and make a decent LOD!

I have yet to see them in stores but knowing me I'll probably get a HHH and a Stone Cold at some point.... I hope they revisit some classic figs and make a decent LOD!

They've been selling pretty well around these parts. Keep your eyes open on the Heritage Series (their PPV Line). Series 1 includes that Stone Cold based on Wrestlemania 17. Most of the other figs are based on either Wrestlemania 21 or 24. They'll likely have a few classic figs mixed in and spread out in that line in particular.

They've been selling pretty well around these parts. Keep your eyes open on the Heritage Series (their PPV Line). Series 1 includes that Stone Cold based on Wrestlemania 17. Most of the other figs are based on either Wrestlemania 21 or 24. They'll likely have a few classic figs mixed in and spread out in that line in particular.

Did Jakks ever do a Ricky Steamboat???????????????

If you are a MOC collector and no intention of playing with them Mattel is great.Their Entrance Greats looks awesome.

Did Jakks ever do a Ricky Steamboat???????????????

No. Ricky Steamboat was never in the Jakks line. The main rumor that surfaced was that Ricky was going through a bitter divorce battle and the trademark to his name was held up in court. By the time it was resolved, Jakks already had their final lineups set before the contract expired.

Back