Mattel Retro-Action Mego line...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quick shot I took of my Mego Type 1 and Type 2 Green Arrows with the new Mattel GA :

DSCN3585.jpg

nice pic! that original green arrow is sooooo awesome. i think arrow, spidey, conan, hulk and thor would be my all time favorites.

Last edited:
Hey Warlock... is the base body on the figures different? The thighs on Green Arrow seem a bit beefier in your comparison pic.

So do you have any other Megos? One of the thing I always liked about them is they seemed to make figures from just about every cool property.

Impressive collection, Warlock (you've got all the Titans :( ). I've got to say that the original Mego Green Arrow looks way better than the Mattel version. Makes me lose what interest I might have had in getting the update.

Hey Warlock... is the base body on the figures different? The thighs on Green Arrow seem a bit beefier in your comparison pic.

So do you have any other Megos? One of the thing I always liked about them is they seemed to make figures from just about every cool property.

If you're referring to the 2 Mego GAs (on the left and middle) yes, they do indeed have different base bodies. The one on the far left is an earlier release on the Type 1 body (metal joints, skinnier base body), the one in the middle is the later Type 2 body (plastic joints, more muscular base body). The figure on the right is Mattel's new "Retro-Action" figure. The costumes are tailored a bit differently on the Megos as well - a T1 costume would fit very tightly on a T2 body, if you could get it on one. It's these differences that make collecting vintage Megos so much fun (and challenging).

Sorry I meant if the new release was using a completely new body as well. On some of the re-release Mego figures it looked like they copied the original bodies pretty closely.

But the new Green Arrow looked like his legs were more muscular.

And interesting about the old Megos... I knew there were differences, but didn't know the bodies were that different. Very cool! I love looking around in the Megomuseum site... so much cool stuff :rock

Sorry I meant if the new release was using a completely new body as well. On some of the re-release Mego figures it looked like they copied the original bodies pretty closely.

But the new Green Arrow looked like his legs were more muscular.

Oh, ok, actually Mattel has already stated that they plan to thin down the thighs a bit for the spring release of Series 1 (Superman, Luthor, Green Lantern and Sinestro). Thankfully they recognized they were a bit overlarge on GA.

Famous Covers were mostly ????ty rubber gloves.

Weren't some of the hands sculpted normally and then the length of the glove was plastic. I don't know, maybe I'm thinking about something else. I do remember Daredevil's gloves were the thick goofy plastic but I thought there were others in the line that had hands separate from the rest of the glove but not the silly sleeves they are giving these new figs.

BB

Oh, ok, actually Mattel has already stated that they plan to thin down the thighs a bit for the spring release of Series 1 (Superman, Luthor, Green Lantern and Sinestro). Thankfully they recognized they were a bit overlarge on GA.

Interesting... I'm definitely going to get the GL figure. I have a soft spot for him and like the idea that its a new entry to the series.

Kind of like when the released the Kahn, Chekov and Sulu for the Trek re-releases.

Didnt Dr. Mego say that we wouldnt see the thighs thin down till wave 2? pretty sure he did on his website

Weren't some of the hands sculpted normally and then the length of the glove was plastic. I don't know, maybe I'm thinking about something else. I do remember Daredevil's gloves were the thick goofy plastic but I thought there were others in the line that had hands separate from the rest of the glove but not the silly sleeves they are giving these new figs.

BB

Quite a few of the early figures had the big rubber gloves - Wolvie, Daredevil and some others. They did go with colored hands with cuffs for quite a few of them though.

And if anyone wants to buy some Famous Covers - let me know - I have multiples of all of them.

Love Mego. I still have some of my old ones, I have an Iron Man that had plastic gloves in the shape of closed fists. I also had all of the Star Trek figures but I can't figure out where they ended up. I had the Star Trek bridge with the rotating transporter, it was the baddest of asses. Great figures that to like them now without the nostalgia, well you either get it or you don't. Not quite characatures but fun like that.

Back