Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel Movie Masters Thead

Love your signatures sfa and Buttmunch!:monkey5
I can't wait for Two-Face and Jail Joker anymore...

I guess after comic con is when we will now more than we do now.

I gave up on this line about 3 months ago after what seemed like endless waiting for the Two-Face / Jail Joker wave. It still seems unclear if that wave is actually going to see the light of day and I'm glad now I decided to collect the Hot Toys 1/6th TDK figures instead. They're a thousand times better than the MM's and Hot Toys puts a lot of care into their products, unlike Mattel. I had nothing against Mattel until I started collecting the MM's - but looking back now it's shameful how bad their quality control is and even worse how they feel they can just leave fans of the line hanging on for figures that would never come - and with still no official comment on the status of them!! Ah well, for those collectors out there still waiting and hoping for these new figures, I do hope that you eventually get them. I'm happy enough with the Hot Toys line :)

I'm glad now I decided to collect the Hot Toys 1/6th TDK figures instead.

Apples and oranges. They don't even compare. Besides, not everyone can even collect the HT line. I am astonished I could even afford two of them and now I feel cheated that HT is releasing the DX line making mine inferior. That's not to say I don't love my HT figures. They're my most prized collectibles. But I like my MM too.

I want Proto Suit, Two Face, Dent, and Jailcell Joker!

I had a dream that I got like 5 proto suit batmen, COME ON MATTEL!!!

What about thug joker? I'd say him and jail joker are my most wanted. As long as I get my joker fix

MM Batman removable cape

Hi guys, not sure if I'm posting in the right place (if I'm wrong, correct me).
I want make a removable fabric cape for my MM Bats, but I have no idea. Anyone have a suggestion of how I can make a removable cape for the Movie Masters Batman? After see the DX Batman pics, I really wanted to do a backpack...:monkey5 Thanks!:rolleyes:

Re: MM Batman removable cape

Hi guys, not sure if I'm posting in the right place (if I'm wrong, correct me).
I want make a removable fabric cape for my MM Bats, but I have no idea. Anyone have a suggestion of how I can make a removable cape for the Movie Masters Batman? After see the DX Batman pics, I really wanted to do a backpack...:monkey5 Thanks!:rolleyes:

You're in the right place bro.

I'm not too good at this but, just make the cape go all the way around his neck, and you just pop off the head, and slide it off the neck, and BAM! removable cape ;)

god, i checked this thread thinking they'd be out by now, not that im going to bother trying to purchase them...I can't believe that Mattel got the license for this.

One of the highest grossing movies of all time that lends itself completely to the action figure market is totally wrecked and bumbled since the beginning. What a disappointment and a missed opportunity that no one's really going to capitalize on. Hopefully when their license runs up, in the future we'll get like a cinema of fear or mcfarlane esque style set of figures, legit ones.

Won't happen. Mattel and DC are glued at the hip. I doubt we ever see McFarlane or NECA take over. DC Direct would move in if anything.

I am surprised people really still care about this line, it was a pretty nice line, but it was botched from day one...weird scale, no accessories, impossible to find chase figures and so on...MMs should have been the ONLY line for the movie, they should have never made the other kids line to coincide with it, kids could get these (it's not like kids were watching TDK to begin with)...all the stores ordered WAY TOO MUCH of that kid crap and not nearly enough of the MM...so, i say it's time to move on from this...I am glad i got the batpod though, that was a really nice vehicle.

R.I.P Movie Masters

M.

Agreed. RIP, and on that note, I would happily have DCD take over. The 1/6 scale figures are fantastic but it's a tradeoff since we're not getting a variety of characters so I would hope DCD would take this up at some point and make some cool variants and expand the universe a bit for collectors, even if it is in just humble 1/12th scale.

idk about that, my mother let my little brothers and my sister go see it.

my brothers are 10 and 14 and my sister is 9

let me rephrase that: "it's not like little kids should be watching TDK"...just because your mom let your siblings watch TDK doesn't automatically make it suitable for kids 10 and under. I know kids nowadays are more mature (so society says :rolleyes:) however, if that's the case then that just proves my point with not making kiddy batman figures with stupid oversized weapons and so on.

M.

Back