Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel Movie Masters Thead

The following have been released:
Batman - TDK suit
Batman - Unmasked (Chase)
Joker
Gotham City Thug (5 different evidence masks)
Batman - BB Suit
Batman - Fear Toxin (Chase)
Scarecrow - Straight Jacket
Batpod (Target exclusive)

The following were announced and some point or another:

Scarecrow - Suit and Tie
Batman - Sonar Lens
Joker - Bank Robber
Batman - Protosuit
Joker - Jail Cell
Two-Face
Harvey Dent (Chase)

Hopefully we will see some of these sometime soon.

The following have been released:
Batman - TDK suit
Batman - Unmasked (Chase)
Joker
Gotham City Thug (5 different evidence masks)
Batman - BB Suit
Batman - Fear Toxin (Chase)
Scarecrow - Straight Jacket
Batpod (Target exclusive)

The following were announced and some point or another:

Scarecrow - Suit and Tie
Batman - Sonar Lens
Joker - Bank Robber
Batman - Protosuit
Joker - Jail Cell
Two-Face
Harvey Dent (Chase)

Hopefully we will see some of these sometime soon.

Also at least one Toys R Us exclusive, a 2pack of Bats and Joker already released.

I forgot about those! I take all of mine out of the package so never had a reason to get them. There were actually two.

TDK Batman vs Joker
BB Batman vs Scarecrow

I got the definitive list.

Wave 1 Movie Masters May 1st (No air holes, "recalled" versions)

- Batman (standing) *
- The Joker *
- Gotham City Thug (Grumpy evidence) *
- Gotham City Thug (Bozo evidence)
- Gotham City Thug (Chuckles evidence)
- Gotham City Thug (Brown hair clown evidence)
- Gotham City Thug (Bus Driver evidence)
- Unmasked Batman Chase *

Wave 2 Movie Masters July (air holes, "fixed" versions)

- Batman (Begins)
- Scarecrow
- Fear Toxin Ghoul Chase
- The Joker (air holes, current version) *

Wave 1 Revision Movie Masters September (air holes, "fixed" current versions)

- Batman (current variant pose) *
- Gotham City Thug (Grumpy evidence) *
- Gotham City Thug (Bozo evidence)
- Gotham City Thug (Chuckles evidence)
- Gotham City Thug (Brown hair clown evidence)
- Gotham City Thug (Bus Driver evidence)
- Unmasked Batman (current variant pose) *

Movie Masters Target exclusive vehicle

- Batpod

Movie Masters TRU exclusive 12" 2-Ups

- Batman
- Unmasked Chase
- The Joker

Movie Masters TRU exclusive 2 packs

- Batman vs The Joker
- Scarecrow vs Batman (Begins)

Wave 3-5 Movie Masters Status unknown/TBA

- Arkham Asylum Scarecrow
- Battle Damaged Sonar Batman

- Jail Cell Joker
- Joker Thug Bozo
- Begins Prototype Suit Batman
- Harvey Dent Chase figure
- Two-Face

The differences between the "Wave 1 May 1st" and the current "Wave 1" out in stores is more than just the holes in the package. The actual figures are quite different.

- The orginal Batman utilized a much stronger plastic and a matte paint finish. The latest version is more soft and rubbery, has a cheap, glossy paint job, and sports a code on the leg, which the older version did not.

- The orginal Joker is also different from the current version. While the differences aren't as noticable as they are on Batman you can see the variations. Original Joker has a better paint job on the face and the body but the most noticable difference is the colors and design of his collar for his hex shirt. A whitish blue pattern is more evident while the dark purple is less.

The current version is alot is darker, and the collar pattern is the opposite of the above description. More dark purple and less of a gray pattern. It also has a code on the bottom of the foot which the first did not have.

- Gotham City Thug has less noticable differences. The old one has a does not have a dirty paint job on the head while the new ones do. The old thug had a bluish black suit where as the new one is mostly blue. Old, matte finish. New glossy finish. Again the number code is evident on the latter.

- The original Unmasked Chase Batman utilized a much stronger plastic and a matte paint finish. The latest version is more soft and rubbery, has a cheap, glossy paint job, and sports a code on the leg, which the older version did not. Also the Bruce Wayne head on the older version had a glossy finish while, strangely the latest one does not.

I prefer the original ones but that's just me.

Last edited:

i was wondering why my store had yet to get them in, shame they are taking so long getting them. By the time they start shipping ill prob already have given up on the line and moved on....yeah Im done.

this sucks that mattel is just leaving us collectors hanging like this. i feel jipped.

Either that or they're going to tell the collectors they don't care anymore..cause they don't.

I really am shocked Mattel seem to think they can just leave loyal collectors hanging on like this with no concrete news at all... do they really think all the collectors who went mad for the MM line are still waiting for the new waves now?? I highly doubt it! I'm one of them! I loved this line and after waiting a year for the new waves with no news by the end of it, I was out. Mattel has ruined this line for me - I was so looking forward to getting the new waves and held out excitement and anticipation for them for a whole year. I'm sorry Mattel, but even if you do release these new waves in the near future,as an ex-loyal fan, I will not be buying them. ( and I would have bought doubles too! ) :p
*rant over*

I'm glad that the MM line and thread are still alive! :woo
There has been nothing official said at all so don't get too excited! No-one knows what their announcement is going to be... in fact they didn't even say they would be making an official statement, just an update, which could be that the line is still in limbo!

Sad fact is, when it comes to this line, Mattel just made a big FAIL!

This line isn't bad for what it is. I just want to see that thug joker and jail joker come to stores

Its looking more and more offical that these are ending up at Matty exclusives. I'd rather see that happen than not get these at all. The problem is I don't see these selling well for $20 each. I wonder if $25 or $30 2 packs is the way they will go? Or maybe force you to buy the wave of figures together like the JLU figures?

I just pray that Harvey Dent doesn't end up as some random, blind boxed Two-face thing now. Release him as a regular figure and he will do just fine - especially since making a custom Bruce Wayne could be easily made with the upcoming Prototype suit head.

Its looking more and more offical that these are ending up at Matty exclusives. I'd rather see that happen than not get these at all. The problem is I don't see these selling well for $20 each. I wonder if $25 or $30 2 packs is the way they will go? Or maybe force you to buy the wave of figures together like the JLU figures?

I just pray that Harvey Dent doesn't end up as some random, blind boxed Two-face thing now. Release him as a regular figure and he will do just fine - especially since making a custom Bruce Wayne could be easily made with the upcoming Prototype suit head.

If that happens we'll see a bunch of Hordaks hoarding these up and selling out in less than an hour. I f'n hate Matty. I want to kick his punk little ass.

If that happens we'll see a bunch of Hordaks hoarding these up and selling out in less than an hour. I f'n hate Matty. I want to kick his punk little ass.

He'll be at SDCC. Stop by and I'm sure you'd get your chance :lol

LOL I really hope they aren't exclusives and are sold at stores. I never knew that MM was supposedly dead.

Back