Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel Movie Masters Thead

They look crappy compared to Hot Toys figures, but I think they're pretty much par for the course for a 6" (formerly) retail line.

yeah, i suppose you're right...my tastes have dramatically changed since these first came out...so, they look like crap to me...i am glad others will be able to get these, but personally I am glad they look like this so i wont have to spend money on these...:D

M.

Unfortunately I have to agree, they do look very crappy in these new pics.... The plastic somehow looks cheaper making the figures themselves look cheaper - they definitely don't look as good quality as the original waves that's for sure. Plus the colours on the different parts of most of the figures don't match up at all - for example, Two-Face's legs are a LOT lighter than his jacket. Also Joker's head seems to be a tad too small compared to the others (bad paint job on him too)
I lost interest in this line about 4 months ago, but I'm definitely not trying to justify not buying these to myself here - they're just not good :(

Matty exclusives, horribly worse quality.......... Mattel, go to hell.

They look crappy compared to Hot Toys figures,
I think pretty much anything looks crappy next to Hot Toys :)

In fairness to Mattel, I'm glad they are able to make these available to us. DCD had the opportunity for years to make them but didn't. The head sculpts and costumes look decent enough to use for kitbashing. I'm about 90% sure to get these.

Hers's a Pituvision vid which shows the new larger figures and the new wave of figures on display at Comic Con. They are in a glass case right after you see the life size Bat-Pod.

Hey folks, has anyone got pics (other than in packaging) of the comic con exclusive batpod & tumbler combo? I would love to see pics. I think the packaging uses the movie masters packaging style/images. Is it part of the MM series and is it same scale?

Thanks in anticiaption :)

I'd really like the new wave of MM figs myself. The quality of the first waves compared to the protypes is shocking but I still like them to collect. The biggest pain is the price of them. They cost a bomb for what they are. I live in England and I don't know how much they go for in the states but in Forbidden Planet they are between £11.99 and £16.99. Well expensive. Sucks.

Loving Thug Joker and First night Bats. Scarecrow and Sonar bats could be a lot better imo.

Oh, good, I'd love to get that if they made it, that would fit in the collection and be step between Hot Wheels and Hot Toys.

Since the line is now a Matty exclusive, I seriously doubt we'll see any more vehicles for this line. MotC is just a line of glorified repaints. Mattel really like to cut corners where they can and I just don't see a Tumbler happening now. They could have gotten away with it last summer though. So unless the Tumbler is reserected for Batman 3, I doubt we'll ever get one in this scale.

I don't expect it, I figure it's a lot of work to put in for a low numbers piece, which the pod theoretically was since it was a Target exclusive.

At this point, I just want to for sure get Two-Face in the 7" line, maybe 12" if they sell it, I really like the TDK Two-Face design and that figure actually looks good at the 12" scale unlike Jokers.

After that, if I can get first night out Batman from Begins, that'd be nice, and if they do indeed branch out into the other Batman films, that'd be awesome.

Word on the street is that these are going to be $20 a pop now. PLUS the $8 shipping Matty charges. Bringing each figure to a whopping $28! That over twice of the original retail price! I'm pissed since now I have no idea if these will even do well enough to get past Sonor Batman and Scarecrow, let alone the the Jokers and Dents.

Oh, and Mattel of course will blame that there just wasn't enough interest in collectors to continue with the line :rolleyes:

That's ridiculous! Twice the price and nothing extra for it either since I'm assuming they won't add any accessories to them.
I agree with you Buttmunch - I can't see there being enough interest in these at that price to get past the Sonar Batman & Scarecrow months, which would mean die-hard fans of this line will miss out on the Two-Face they have been longing for since they decided to leave him till last....
If and when this all goes wrong for Mattel & this line then they have no right to blame the collectors at all.

I think they will still come with the "evidence bags" :rolleyes:

Aside from the Joker cards, Dent's coin, and perhaps the batarangs, the evidence bags were stupid idea to begin with. Accessories would have been much better (and cheaper for mattel since they would have used less plastic on a small gun than a large maskthingy). At least Joker got a knife I guess.

The thing is, there IS interest. Just not at double the cost for no reason other than Mattel wanting more money.

haha yeah - the evidence bags - what a waste of plastic! The only good one was the joker card really and that wasn't even plastic! Really was a shame they didn't come with accessories but oh well...
The best item out of them all was the Batpod IMO but that strangely didn't seem to sell so well.

Sounds like a good way to drop the line without just dropping it, "well we tried guys, but there just wasn't enough support."

Are the masses dumb enough to be fooled by that because I know I'm not, i can figure if a 7" figure costs me $20 more than it used, it didn't sell because it's overpriced.

At that cost, I think it'll just be Two-Face, if they get to him. For $30, I have 1/6 figures that cover Batman and Joker just fine from here on out, but I would like Two-Face to go with what I have.

I guess this is the scheduel. Much better than I originally thought:

September - Bank Robber Joker
October - Survival Suit Bruce Wayne
November - Harvey Dent
December - Jail Cell Joker
January - Arkham Scarecrow
February - Final Battle Batman
March - Two-Face

I thought Sonar Batman and Scarecrow were up first. If that if this is the order, I'll bet we get them all. BR Joker will sell well. Protosuit Bruce will do OK since some will want the head to make up for that chase figure. Harvey Dent will sell well for custom suit purposes at least. JC Joker will sell well. Then Scarecrow and Sonar Bats will lag, but at that point Two-face would have already been in production and there would be no point in cancelling him at that point.

Word on the street is that these are going to be $20 a pop now. PLUS the $8 shipping Matty charges. Bringing each figure to a whopping $28! That over twice of the original retail price! I'm pissed since now I have no idea if these will even do well enough to get past Sonor Batman and Scarecrow, let alone the the Jokers and Dents.

Oh, and Mattel of course will blame that there just wasn't enough interest in collectors to continue with the line :rolleyes:

Is it confirmed these are gonna be $20 a peice? If so you can count me out. No way in hell am I paying that price for a 6" toy of that quality.

Back