Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Movie Masters "Man of Steel" Figure

I think the head sculpts for a 6'' is really great.

I think pretty much everything in this hobby is overpriced. From Mattel to Hot Toys and just about everything in between.

I actually I agree that they are a little overpriced

considering the TDKR MM figures were anywhere between $17.99-$24.99 depending on which store you went to (not talking about online), I'd say at $15.99 these are a much better deal.

Just picked up a Armored Zod from Target. They had two I was shocked. One had a paint defect where the armor had white spots and their was a paint blob next to his eye that made it look like he had a mole.

according to Target's online "store availabilty" checker thingamajig my local target stores have all of them in stock so I'm going to do some hnuting after work. hoping to come home triumphant along with the deluxe OST :yess::pray:

Be careful with the Target inventory checker. They usually classify figures from the same line under the same product code (ie- all MOS movie masters) so you don't know what assortment of figures they actually have in stock. It could be all Superman even though the website says each individual figure is available.

Yep. I saw the same thing today, went to Target, and all they had was Superman, Vanilla Zod and Jor-El.

Be careful with the Target inventory checker. They usually classify figures from the same line under the same product code (ie- all MOS movie masters) so you don't know what assortment of figures they actually have in stock. It could be all Superman even though the website says each individual figure is available.

Yea I know. Toys R Us is the same way. But still worth a look I think. I don't remember seeing them on the Targe website last week and my target's restock day is usually Tuesday so I just may be lucky

some film spoilers here so be warned

got both feora and armored zod yesterday on my way to 10pm screening and i gotta say, that like all movie masters the sculpt is there but again , they fell into the cheap paint mode and left some details that would greatly improve the figure out. on zod the goatee is missing his white hair and on feora her eye shadow needs to be darker and more pronounced like the actress, but overall great figures and i can now say, im done collecting the first waves, i got supes, jor el and zod from wave 1 and zod and feora from wave 2, not picking up chained up zod nor kryptonian key supes, not worth it.
But after seeing the film this is my want list for a 3rd wave if ever theres one, i want a lois figure because she was pretty cool and i think she would sell well and also that giant kryptonian as a movie masters, he kicked butt and was important enough to warrant a 2 pack down the lineand honestly i would love sets in the masters size ,like a corridor from the fortress , a battle damaged street, or even cardboard backgrounds , the set piece in the film warrants something like that in my opinion. so heres hopping the con zod vs supes delivers a fleshed out diorama .

also i can see some people doing customs with zod by switching heads on armored and non armored figures to achieve some of the film looks , i know i might, i see myself having two of each zods to achieve a non helmet armored zod and one with helmet with reg zod head under it and then use an armored zod head on a non armored to achieve the final battle look and then keep one standard.

Haven't read what you posted but just wanted to say thanks for warning about spoilers and just not blabbing stuff out like alot of members here tend to do.

Last edited:

Hasn't read what you posted but just wanted to say thanks for warning about spoilers and just not blabbing stuff out like alot of members here tend to do.

no prob i hate being spoiled , so i prefer to warn others when i post something up,

spoiler free of what i wrote previously is ,overall what i wrote was figures are worth picking up but have flaws and after seing the film i would love lois as a figure, heck even a perry white and i see people doing customs because of X reasons from the film.

love these figures

I thought both the shackled with scar and armored versions were accurate. ???

Btw, are the shackles designed to be removable?

Armored version doesn't have the scar and since he has the goatee that makes him inaccurate. He's neither from the Krypton scenes nor the Earth scenes with that missing detail. :lol He either needed that scar or to be goatee-less to be accurate (unless his armor on Krypton was totally different from his Earth armor, then in that case, he just needed that scar).

Oh, didn't realize he had no scar. Bummer.

Considering they gave the shackled version the scar, its rather pathetic they missed that on the armored version :slap

the shackled version needs blood dripping to be accurate and indeed a scar on the armored zod, and btw the armored zod is wearing the earth armor, the one he wears on krypton has the symbol of the house he belongs to on the chest and it has a different design .
and the zod without shackles in basic suits needs the goatee to be accurate to the scene, almost worth picking up a second basic zod to custom it with a goatee and scar or get both basic and armored to have 4 versions of the character, 1 armored no helmet, armored with helmet and basic head, basic figure and basic figure with goatee head

Back