Mattel ghostbusters conversion (update 12-28-2012 PG1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel ghostbusters conversion (updated page 1)

Any chance the elbow pads are still available?

Looking to get some unpainted sets, if I can...

I'm back into the game, been outa touch for awhile. Would love 4 sets of elbow pads!

I'll still say these are available but as you all know I do them when I get the time. Over the past year or so it seems like I never have the time haha. I do still have my list though and I'm sure some people on that list have long forgotten.

I wouldn't be opposed to selling my mold that makes 3 sets at a time and have someone else take over. If anyone is interested PM me.

If not then like I said, I WILL someday get back around to doing them. Just a matter of when work and life will let me :).

that's cool astro. i'm in no big rush myself. as long as you're still doing them, i'm happy :)

I would also be interested in a set of 4 elbow pads.

WOW Awesome job on these customs.

How do I go about getting custom heads is there a seller who sells them or makes them to order?

-Mike

Hey guys - I have a question for you guys who have modded your 1/6 suits.

I bought a lot of GB 1/6 parts recently and aside from being a truly crappy transaction overall, the stuff arrived today smelling of cigarette smoke.
My inclination is to ship it back but this has dragged on for some time and truth be told, aside from the stink, I am happy to have picked up the Spencer heads, Che gear, etc. all in one lot.

So my question is - if I were to wash the jumpsuits and black t-shirts, is there any danger of damaging the name-tags or GB symbols on the shoulders of the flight suits? I've read through most of this thread previously and I know some guys chose to dye the suits so I was wondering if anyone could give me advice.

Thanks in advance, any feedback is appreciated!

I can't speak as to weather or not the nametag and shoulder patch would be damaged, hopefully others can, but I believe there are many other ways to get the smoke smell out. I believe there may be thread in the how to section. One I remembered off the top of my head was to put the figure in a bag with a dryer sheet, that should soak up the smell. I know there are others, but again I forget.

Either way, you should be able to get rid of it without having to wash them.

Thanks, I did see that thread. I was concerned that it seems to be a "add stink on top of stink" solution but if it's my only option I'll give it a go.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong kind of "dryer sheet" but all I'm familiar with is are fabric softeners that have a strong odor.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think there are some arm and hammer kind that probably don't smell too bad (if at all) and my guess is that the smell from those will dissipate much quicker then that of the smoke as long as it's in a well ventilated area.

I've got dryer sheets for my daughter that are odor free, and I used those recently to get the smoke smell off of a figure sticking them in a gallon zip-loc bag. After a week, the smell was all gone.

Back