Mattel ghostbusters conversion (update 12-28-2012 PG1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mattel ghostbusters conversion step by step

Hey guys, I just replayed to everyone who sent me messages back. Weekends are almost ALWAYS busy for me so if you ever send me a message on a Friday I probably wont be able to get back to you until Monday.

unpainted pads are packed and ready to go so, everyone who pays should get them by next week! I also started to work on the tutorial so expect that soon.

Paid a few hours ago! I can't wait, this is the last piece to complete my Venkman! :banana

Hey Astro, what glue do you recommend to attach the elastic to the pads?

Payment sent!!! :rock!

Paid a few hours ago! I can't wait, this is the last piece to complete my Venkman! :banana

Hey Astro, what glue do you recommend to attach the elastic to the pads?

Hey guys, I just replayed to everyone who sent me messages back. Weekends are almost ALWAYS busy for me so if you ever send me a message on a Friday I probably wont be able to get back to you until Monday.

unpainted pads are packed and ready to go so, everyone who pays should get them by next week! I also started to work on the tutorial so expect that soon.

:dunno

:lol

Hello Astro,
Id like a set of 4 unfinished pads. Let me know thanks!

Just a quick update...

Everyone who sent payment last night (as in before I went to bed), yours have been sent. Whoever has payed later will have to give me a day or so to send them out. I have a few busy days coming up. Don't worry, I wont keep you guys waiting :).

I just wanted to also say I really am trying to give you guys the best product I can. Ive sanded and cleaned up every pad as much as I can, it feels like my hands are stuck in the holding position lol. I made an attempt to only use the best cast I pulled but, some do have small air bubbles that may need to be filled. This is my first time doing a mass casting of something so I really hope you guys like it. Thanks once again for all the support.

Last, I will go though the thread tomorrow to see who else has shown interest and message you folks tomorrow night.

If any of you have some new GB figures to show off, lets see em!

Woo hoo! Looking forward to finishing these guys! Thanks much, Astro! Now I don't suppose anyone is considering casting Venkman's 'folded belt gloves' by any chance...?

dsc00021pr.jpg

dsc00027vd.jpg

dsc00023it.jpg

dsc00026z.jpg

Last edited:

Those look sharp! Its amazing what a difference a great HS can make. I hope mattel picks up on its painting and sculpting. They would really be able to put out some great figures if they do.

Quick update folks...

All outstanding order that have been payed for will be sent out tomorrow night. I have a bit of catching up to do on my in box so I'm sorry if you have messaged me and I haven't replayed. Ill try to get to everyone by tonight!

Also the ones that sent last week should start showing up this week. Any feedback to me on how to improve and what not would be greatly appreciated!

Just FYI - mine arrived today safe & sound! I'll try to finish them up this weekend! Thanks!

- J

CAN U post a pic of them? I just wanted to know what we'll be getting. Would be nice to see.
thanks@!
Sal

Not much to see that you haven't already seen...

dsc00029ka.jpg

dsc00030vn.jpg

...gonna need to fill some holes with some bondo (especially that one in the middle right) then finish sanding them, paint 'em a dark grey, give 'em a little paint wash with a 50 / 50 black paint / water mix, add the black section to the elastic with, probably, a Sharpie, then glue the elastic with some clear "Goop."

Astro, lemme know if I should use something other then a Sharpie and Goop!

And thanks again!

- J

Yikes, I didn't see that big ding in the middle there, thats what I was trying to avoid.

Let me know how the bondo works on these, I used some good ol mighty putty on mine but it doesn't have much work time. I'm sure any super glue would work, as for mine I use krazy glue. Sharpies are my weapon of choice for the squares. Once thing I do to mine is a very light dry brush of a dark gray on the elastic, it just gives it a little more depth but its not mandatory.

I hope ya like it!

Sharpie might stain the sleeve of the flight suit over time.

Might be better off using a non-stain pen, or acrylic paint.

I may have to try the non stain pen on mine. When i used paint it ended up not looking right when the elastic would stretch. Maybe a watered down paint?

Back