Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it sounds like adding insult to injury to me :lol Sounds like Mera got dumped for yet another DCUC Hal.

Are you sure it wasn't a DCD box they were pulling those out of? Perhaps they just reused a DCD box they had on hand.

Sounds like BM is right...got shafted with another Hal Jordan.

Remember when they first announced this wave very early on they were already apologizing about it not including the Red Lantern Mera due to tooling cost.

But I don't really see that as accurate. Probably more Mattel horseshat cause the whole wave is made up of rehashes. My brother and I just noticed that the Orange Lantern Lex shares the same biceps, legs and feet with the Mr. Freeze re-release.

The only figure in the entire wave with any real substantial new parts was Scarecrow and he still sports a ton of reused parts too.

Sounds like BM is right...got shafted with another Hal Jordan.

Remember when they first announced this wave very early on they were already apologizing about it not including the Red Lantern Mera due to tooling cost.

But I don't really see that as accurate. Probably more Mattel horseshat cause the whole wave is made up of rehashes. My brother and I just noticed that the Orange Lantern Lex shares the same biceps, legs and feet with the Mr. Freeze re-release.

The only figure in the entire wave with any real substantial new parts was Scarecrow and he still sports a ton of reused parts too.

Lex is just the DCSH Lex released in Orange with a new emblem is all, which came from Freeze originally.

But yeah, this was a super cost effective wave from Mattel. And heaven forbid they dump some cash into a new female body. Total BS. They could use some parts from Big Barda at least to cut down on some tooling.

Rehashes.png

Knew about the original Freeze but I had no ideal the old/ new Lex shared so many parts with the new/ old Freeze...and we have all those figs! Never compared em cause they are still boxed up.

But the Lex also has a new loin cloth/ waist armor to better match the Super Powers style...so we'll see Lex again in that color scheme down the road with 0 new tooling as a complete repaint.

^^^ Crossing my fingers hoping you're right.

Maybe not.

collectandconnectstripe.jpg

Last month, MTV Geek ran the exclusive look at the Mattel wave 19 of DC action figures, including the collect and complete figure of S.T.R.I.P.E. sporting a new look.When Mattel were asked why he looked different to the comic book version, a spokesman replied;
Quote:
We actually worked closely with DC comics to premier S.T.R.I.P.E.’s new look in our toy line first. You will see this look in the comics in the not too distant future.
So this is the DC Relaunch version of S.T.R.I.P.E. Can Stargirl and the rest of the JSA be far behind?

So it looks like the relaunch is already heading into the DCUC line...

DCUC wave 19 looks like another disapointing DCUC wave.Im only getting Classic Hawkman and Stargirl.

I somehow thought Mattel would readily jump on the re-launch. It would just be re-paints, so easy to do. I just hope it doesn't sidetrack them too much away from doing other dc characters. I might actually buy them to put on a wall of shame DCUC.

DCUC wave 19 looks like another disapointing DCUC wave.Im only getting Classic Hawkman and Stargirl.

Looks mostly good from my perspective: Sandman, Atom, and Golden Age/Earth-2 Hawkman are all major wants of mine. Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. are appreciated as well, though Magog and this version of Kobra are "meh". I'd much rather had Jay-Flash and GA Mr Terrific than those last two, but we're bound to get Jay eventually. A Kirby variant for Sandman would have been nice as well.

Looks mostly good from my perspective: Sandman, Atom, and Golden Age/Earth-2 Hawkman are all major wants of mine. Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E. are appreciated as well, though Magog and this version of Kobra are "meh". I'd much rather had Jay-Flash and GA Mr Terrific than those last two, but we're bound to get Jay eventually. A Kirby variant for Sandman would have been nice as well.

Yes, Magog must be someone's in-house favorite. That is a curve ball imho. I can see that maybe they decided to hold J Flash back a la Martian Manhunter, kind of "leave em wanting something" sort of thing, but how does Magog end up taking that slot? So many JSA characters could have worked perfectly there. Hell, why not throw in another villain?

Back