Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah and my moneys on breaking the $200 mark. $400 you'll need to reserve just to swap out parts.

Nice to know it's still going then and hopefully not the 400 price range. That seems ridiculously high.

How does everybody feel about these expressive faces that Mattel has been doing: i.e. Black Lantern Jordan.

I find that it is more dramatic when displaying action poses for the figures. I wonder if Mattel can be persuaded or convinced to release an accessory pack of head variants and different hand gestures to switch out on their figures if there was enough demand for it?
If anybody is going to SDCC maybe they can introduce the idea to that Q&A with the 4horsemen?

Time to finish up the DC Universe Classics for awhile with a look at the back half of wave 17 - Violet Lantern Wonder Woman, Orange Lantern Luthor, Blue Lantern Flash, and the CnC figure of Anti-Monitor. I think these are some of my favorites of the two recent waves - you can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Nice to know it's still going then and hopefully not the 400 price range. That seems ridiculously high.

How does everybody feel about these expressive faces that Mattel has been doing: i.e. Black Lantern Jordan.

I find that it is more dramatic when displaying action poses for the figures. I wonder if Mattel can be persuaded or convinced to release an accessory pack of head variants and different hand gestures to switch out on their figures if there was enough demand for it?
If anybody is going to SDCC maybe they can introduce the idea to that Q&A with the 4horsemen?

I didn't mean that it will cost $400, just that if its $200, by the time you deal with all the QC for it, you will have bought two sets just to cobble together one good one.
The expressive faces are good, but only to a point to me. My favorite has always been Booster Gold. The others I could take or leave. Because the portraits are the most expensive tool to produce (according to them anyway) I can't see them doing a pack of swaps. Though that would be a must buy for me, even not being a big fan of them.

i wanted to get the Legion pack but i don't know if I can afford it now with damn Hot Toys releasing must have figures. I thought Superman Reeve was my last purchase from them, limiting my toy expense for the year with 1500. Then the Batman demon set and now the batman begins exclusive, I am now 500 over my limit and we're barely into the 2nd half of the year.

I think the HTs train will slow down a bit. They are dropping a lot of figs everyone has been waiting for but still have a handful in the kitty they haven't even shown yet. Plus it's con season and they will be announcing a ton of stuff that we won't see until this time next year. We are still yet to see Keaton Bats, the rumored Iron Monger, Avatar and Sucker Punch stuff.

I think they will need to catch up with the rest of the year ahead.

But Mattel did screw everyone by waiting a whole year to release this set. It's late as hell!

Any body hoping for a Jim Lee Justice League line at SDCC? The last round of Ask Matty question brought this up:

https://thefwoosh.com/2011/07/ask-matty-7111

2. Can you tell us what, if any, impact the DC re-launch in Septrember will have on the DCUC line? So far the line has done a tremendous job getting us the ICONIC versions of many of the characters. Hopefully that will continue.

It has given us the opportunity to work some of the new looks into the line and refresh key characters. We are actually reworking some of our 2012 line up to take advantage of this! Stay tuned for more at SDCC! I am hoping they are Jim Lee inspired head sculpts!!! Wish in one hand... however!

you might as well get DCD figures if you want artists inspired figures. I prefer DCUC to have the same uniform look that is sculpted by the horsemen

Last edited:
I don't think that Q&A was in reference to anything about Jim Lee unless he designed the new costumes for the DC relaunch this year. Mattel will probably be incorporating some of the new designs into DCUC next year, which is what they are talking about.

I don't think that Q&A was in reference to anything about Jim Lee unless he designed the new costumes for the DC relaunch this year. Mattel will probably be incorporating some of the new designs into DCUC next year, which is what they are talking about.

I think Lee did the relaunch redesigns.

SnakeDoc

you might as well get DCD figures if you want artists inspired figures. I prefer DCUC to have the same uniform look that is sculpted by the horsemen

Well I want the 4HM sculpts, but I can see them sharpening the features on their usual head sculpts a bit... Its not beyond what they are doing now -See Silver-Age Joker etc.

Any tips on what kind of paint to use and what type of painting method to repaint one of these things? Got one of those Prototype figures off Ebay that is molding in almost all the right colors, but I need to match and paint some parts that still aren't correct.

Guys, just a reminder for those that have been looking for DCUC stands - Mattel has the "super power stands" for sale right now. Basically the same thing but has the super power sticker on it. You won't find it on their DC page, do a search on super power stands and it will direct you to it.
Bought 4 boxes, that should see me through to the next 8 waves. :D

I had actually called and they told me that the super powers stands wouldn't work with the DC U Classics??!! Let me know if it does work.

Guys, just a reminder for those that have been looking for DCUC stands - Mattel has the "super power stands" for sale right now. Basically the same thing but has the super power sticker on it. You won't find it on their DC page, do a search on super power stands and it will direct you to it.
Bought 4 boxes, that should see me through to the next 8 waves. :D

That's strange since on the description it says DCU Super Powers Stands: Dc Universe Classics. Plus, what other Super Powers figures would they be used for?

Does anybody have extra Bane parts (other than the head and lower torso)? I'm looking to get more parts to complete my Bane. lmk

Back