Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wanted to get the Romat-Ru and Karu-Sil pack. Mattycollector was unforgiving today and I was only able to pick up the Animal Man and B'Wana Beast pack that I needed.

____! I missed out on the 2 pack. Normally I wouldn't care but the upcoming GLC line really has me wanting to back and fill.

____! I missed out on the 2 pack. Normally I wouldn't care but the upcoming GLC line really has me wanting to back and fill.
Probably for the best that you didn't waste your time. I sat there for an hour and 15 minutes or so waiting for my turn in the "waiting room" to come, and at that point, the Yellow Lantern was, of course, sold out. I'm sure folks were buying up 10 per person.

If anyone is looking for the Wal Mart exclusive DCUC Green Lantern 6 pack my local Comic shop has them. PM me for more info. I'd be happy to pick them up for you.

i love how there is literally no gp between putting out the next wave, however, because Mattel is, its getting so epensive to keep up. i have to cherry pick the best. even at that, all the new stuff is gold.

Same here for the 5-pck green lantern. Anybody who lives in orange county,Ca. The Santa Ana Walmart has 5 boxes of the 5pack out.
Also, For anybody pallet diving for the Wave 14 Look out for the t5605 on the side of the box. That's what you're looking for.

Hey IC if you see wave 15 walmart EX get them for me;). That wave i cant buy online:(. Glad to see your back in the mix of DCUC:)

It's always hard when they have it shrink wrapped. Some of those employees get irritated when you ask about anything that is still under wraps.
I have a feeling that they only put up 2 boxes of DCUC. When I got mine that night I knew there was second box there that I couldn't see and I was going to return around 3 a.m. hoping to find it on the pegs. Luckily, as I was leaving another guy had found the 2nd box and gave me the extra GL in his box to complete my set. Someone else had been there b4 me and had taken out both GLs in my box. I consider myself lucky that the guy didn't buy the whole thing.

That's a repaint of the one from the GL series. It's a shame that the one being released in the Green lantern classics line is also a re-paint of the smaller dc superheroes line. It would be great to see this figure on the KIlowog buck.

my wal-mart has about 10 shrink wrapped toy pallets in garden waiting to be stocked. There's gotta be a few cases in there.

There was something really hilarious and awesome about reading this and looking at your sneaky guy sig picture.

from the shadows, waiting to strike...and with a whisper "theres got to be some DCUC in there...."

There was something really hilarious and awesome about reading this and looking at your sneaky guy sig picture.

from the shadows, waiting to strike...and with a whisper "theres got to be some DCUC in there...."

:lol:yess::lol

I put up carded pics of wave 16 in the DC Classics Collector Society of America club! if anybody wants to join then send me a PM

Dude I'm working on getting my set lol as soon as I can pick up extras I will for sure.

Tyr, Obsidian, and Gold are proving to be....difficult to find.

Cool thanks bro that would be awesome! And oops its wave 14, And i sent you a PM, even tho ive been MIA with DCUC for a while im still in by heart!
:yess:

Found Kamandi this weekend, now I just need Obsidian and Gold to complete UH. Ordered Justice in the Jungle and Adam Strange/Starfire, glad I grabbed them when I could.

And my Green Lantern wave 1 is here!!! And they are awesome. No QC problems so far, but watch for leg warpage on Abin Sur. I'll post a mini-review as usual when I get back home and put them under more scrutiny. I'm geeking out over the fact that I have all four of the Earth-based Lanterns now! Bring on wave 2!!!

EDIT: Now that I've had more time to play, I'm even happier with my purchase. Kyle is perfect and his sword is a very nice touch. Abin (Amon?) Sur is my second fav in the set, just something about the emaciated body with the head and hand sculpts looks great. Black Hand is a great all-new sculpt, and the joints work smoothly. Low and Maash look amazing and get more mileage out of the standard body. I'm actually surprised I like Mongul II as much as I do, considering how much of a re-use he is. I know he should be Arkillo's size, but I like him (plus let's save the Mongul CnC for his daddy w/ Black Mercy accessory). If there's a single weak link in this wave it's gotta be the Manhunter robot. I just find it bland all around. How do they go the whole 9 w/ Cyclotron and forget the removeable battery face on these guys?

The Good: No stuck joints, only one figure with warped limbs. And Arkillo, of course.

The Bad: Limited neck articulation on most and massive lack of accessories.

Last edited:
My local Wally world has not been stocking toys the last 4-5 days and the majority of pegs are bare. You would think that at this time of year you would be stocking anything and everything in the back. :dunno

I went to get some X-mas lights this morning and while perusing the X-mas section set up in Garden I happen to look up and low and behold 9 shrink wrapped pallets of toys on the 2nd tier of those metal racks they have back there and wouldn't you know it? sitting on top of the pallet directly above me are 5 brand new DCUC cases staring back at me. I know asking a stock person to climb up there is futile too. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Back