Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read that they are showing up in Michigan but, they seem to be hitting all the Walmarts except for the one closest to me. :( And I only need a loose Obsidian. I bought the UH from a HK seller months ago now.

I've read that they are showing up in Michigan but, they seem to be hitting all the Walmarts except for the one closest to me. :( And I only need a loose Obsidian. I bought the UH from a HK seller months ago now.

Well I just need his Humanite piece, so maybe we can help eachother out. If I find one, I'll let you know, and if you find him, let me know. :hi5:

I also have a Kamandi and Hourman sans C&C pieces if anyone is interested in them.

Last edited:
I'm in need of help in acquiring a set of wave 14. Hope a fellow collector can lend a hand. :)

:panic::panic:
Fwoosher just posted a pic of a 5 case haul from Sacramento. SoCal must be tomorrow or this weekend for sure!!!
Looks like these are hitting en masse.

Man, it really bothers me how low Obsidians teeth are from his nose. His face seems very dis-proportionate. I think I might black out his teeth so it doesn't bother me so much cause I really love my Infinitier.

Does this bug anyone else or is it just me?

Why wouldn't you just pre-order a wave if you might get the urge to spend nearly 300 dollars for it on ebay? Unless it wasn't available for preorder or something...is an exclusive to a store wave or something?

Really friggin cool sig, W.S Toupee.

Why wouldn't you just pre-order a wave if you might get the urge to spend nearly 300 dollars for it on ebay? Unless it wasn't available for preorder or something...is an exclusive to a store wave or something?

Yep, this particular wave (14) is a Wal-Mart exclusive.

that explains it. man that is annoying. I wonder why mattel feels the need to warrant horrendous scalping prices...I guess they have the benefit of working with one store.

For anybody who missed wave 12 and wants it, CSC is selling it in their clearance section for 75 for the whole set.

I broke down and went to my local Wal-mart this morning. They had the whole set, and I was gonna just grab Alan and Zatanna, but Hourman, hiding on the shelf, was too good to pass up.

Less money for tattoos, and less room on the shelf :<

But anyways, I'll post more thoughts once I get 'em home and opened.

that explains it. man that is annoying. I wonder why mattel feels the need to warrant horrendous scalping prices...I guess they have the benefit of working with one store.

No, its the benefit of this one store carrying their product. Wal-mart flat out says give us our own exclusive wave or we just won't carry the line at all. Its really sad that wal-mart has become so powerful that they have that kind of control on manufactures. Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Quick thoughts:

Alan Scott GL: A perfect representation of the character, at least until you see the head sculpt. It doesn't bother me that much, but a stern, closed-mouth expression would've made him a 10. As it is, still awesome. The metallic green they've been using on the rings and batteries for all GLs is welcome here.

Hourman: Another great GA figure. I like the bigger fists, makes him look ready to pummel someone all the time, and the expression on his face says he'll enjoy it. The hourglass being a seperate piece on a string surprised me.

Zatanna: Finally. Her hands actually hold her wand well, her hat, not so much. She was a pain to stand until I did the hot water fix on her right leg, which was bent off at a 30 degree angle. I REALLY hate the fishnets this time around, I think they turned out worse on Zee than Canary.

I'll be hunting the rest down this weekend if I have the cash. Ultra-Humanite is shaping up to be another cool CnC...

Back