Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been hooked with this line again, and am trying to gather a decent loose (not sealed) collection, as I am no completist and would rather spend more on 1/6 figures. Plus I love the fact that getting 'em loose is so cheap! :rotfl

Here are my figures so far:

Pic 1
DCSHDCUCfigures_01.jpg

- DCUC Wave 3: GL Hal Jordan
- DCUC Aquaman (from the 2-pack with Black Manta)
- DCUC Wave 3: Nightwing
- DCUC Wave 3: Robin
- DCSH Series 2: Superman I
- DCSH Series 3: Batman II
- DCUC Wave 6: Captain Marvel - Shazam!
- DCUC Wave 7: The Flash

Pic 2
DCSHDCUCfigures_02.jpg

- DCUC Wave 3: Sinestro (Black costume)
- DCUC Wave 3: Deathstroke (Unmasked version)
- DCUC Wave 1: The Demon - Etrigan
- DCUC Batman (from the 2-pack with Robin)

I have to find more villains as they are outnumbered, and Etrigan is really a wildcard which eventually became a superhero! Hunting for the Robin from the 2-pack, as well as Green Arrow.
Please PM me if you want to sell your extras, I really don't mind 'em loose but they have to have complete accessories!

So, anybody got their stuff from BBTS? We did, had to replace GP. This is a very cool wave!

I got mine last Friday, great wave except for three things:

SC Batman's right hip is stuck.

GA Starman's right hip is stuck.

Martian Manhunter (regular) has a larger left bicep than his right.

The first two don't bother me that much, but it's still annoying. And J'onn's bicep issue will have me on the hunt for a new one. Seriously, Mattel should get it together with the stuck joints and "action poses" warping limbs. Other than that, they're all welcome additions. Except Golden Pharoah. I'd rather have an actual DC character with more than 25 years of "history," thanks.

What happened to Wave 14? Supposedly came out this summer, but can't find the figures anywhere, not even on Ebay. This is the wave with Zatanna and Alan Scott Green Lantern

What happened to Wave 14? Supposedly came out this summer, but can't find the figures anywhere, not even on Ebay. This is the wave with Zatanna and Alan Scott Green Lantern

I haven't seen any of these at all either. Maybe Wal-mart is holding out for a holiday release like they did with Wave 5.

ARRGH, still waiting for mine to arrive. Wave 14 should be coming pretty soon...I saw a few figures from a hongkong vendor and whenever they get them it arrives here within a few weeks.

ARRGH, still waiting for mine to arrive. Wave 14 should be coming pretty soon...I saw a few figures from a hongkong vendor and whenever they get them it arrives here within a few weeks.

Not always. I bought a Ultra Humanite from a Hong Kong seller several months ago now. They did announce a delay with wave 14 but didn't say when it woould arrive.

I got mine last Friday, great wave except for three things:

SC Batman's right hip is stuck.

GA Starman's right hip is stuck.

Martian Manhunter (regular) has a larger left bicep than his right.

The first two don't bother me that much, but it's still annoying. And J'onn's bicep issue will have me on the hunt for a new one. Seriously, Mattel should get it together with the stuck joints and "action poses" warping limbs. Other than that, they're all welcome additions. Except Golden Pharoah. I'd rather have an actual DC character with more than 25 years of "history," thanks.

Havent looked at my MM biceps yet, but the reports seem to be mixed on if this is an actual problem or just some weird production snaffu. All I can say for the Bats and Ted is to boil the hell out of them suckas. If my bro, Lee in MI chimes in, he can tell you exactly how he unstuck them. I know a lot of folks prescribe to the freeze method, which works in some cases, I find it only affords you one opportunity to make or break it. With boiling, you can pull the joint apart or stretch it to a point where you can actually see WTF is going on...is it glued, flash, or just swollen/tight in the hole(yes, that's what she said! :naughty) I guess the real point is to avoid disaster at all cost - No Breakage!

Matty's official excuse is that "for logistical reasons out of our hands, it's been delayed". I take that to mean "____, it WAS suppose to be Wave 15 for Walmart, NOT 14 -D'Oh!

As my brother stated, all the figures reported to have problems we fixed. The Starman & Bats hips seem to be a paint issue.

I boiled some water, poured it in a bowl and sat the figure in it. Once the plastic was nice and pliable, I took a flat head mini screwdriver and stuck it in the hole in the t crotch and forced the disk in the t crotch to turn. Once it turned, I re boiled the figure and then put it in the freezer. Good as new!!!!

Full set of Wave15 @ Costa Mesa, CA Kmart on Harbor Blvd plus a few extras.
Get em while the gettins good!

hey dcfett! we're practically neighbors here. I will check that store out tomorrow, though I do have that set pre-ordered at CSC.

Oh yeah?!
WHERE YOU AT? - Boost Mobile :rotfl

I hit up Thomas and Richard from time to time myself. Will probably get the Black Hole stormies from them.

I will help out a friend to buy a t.v. out in newport beach and on my way down, will hit the Kmart at Costa Mesa before I head back home to Garden Grove.

Kinda sucks that Richard hasn't called me in yet for the wave 15 but I can wait since my orders of HT Black Widow, T800 and the Evo and Eva figures came inside of a month.

So I hit my "local" K-mart yesterday in search of a J'onn with matching biceps. They had four there, two had the same problem as mine, the other two had matching, regular, non-veiny biceps. Grrr. Might settle for the non veiny one.

So I hit my "local" K-mart yesterday in search of a J'onn with matching biceps. They had four there, two had the same problem as mine, the other two had matching, regular, non-veiny biceps. Grrr. Might settle for the non veiny one.

I should have you pick one up for me. I can't seem to find these in my area.

I will help out a friend to buy a t.v. out in newport beach and on my way down, will hit the Kmart at Costa Mesa before I head back home to Garden Grove.

Kinda sucks that Richard hasn't called me in yet for the wave 15 but I can wait since my orders of HT Black Widow, T800 and the Evo and Eva figures came inside of a month.

Did you go? Anything left? I need to swap my MM. He has an under developed bicep as well (just got that news from Lee). WTF is going on with this stuff. It's TB Marvel Legends all over again. How is it that Hasbro like OWNS their ____, but Mattel, largest in the WORLD, has no friggin idea what's going on? I'm blown away by these endless QC issues.
But, deep down, I think this wave is gonna be like Wave "wont ever go away" 7. If that happens, perhaps they'll have time to release some good ones. Other thing is you KNOW J'onn will show as an all star, and that's when the GOOD swapping starts!:devil

Unfortunately no. After helping out my friend and hooking up everything it was past 9 pm. No time to go look. :gah:

Back