Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cake topper for my wedding.

23662_736756756548_15724727_41143184_2942924_n.jpg

NICE!!!!:hi5:

Tonight I'm checking out yet another of the Mattel SDCC exclusives - DCUC Plastic Man! This is my favorite of the Mattel set, and the extra suit case is actually a great addition. This guy has a ton of extras, all of them useful.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review as usual, Michael. Interesting horror story with Mattel's screw up at the lines. Where was the metahuman dossier of Plastic man located? Was it inside the suitcase?

Its literally right on top of the packaging, inside the outer shipper box of course. Its just taped to the top of the card on the outside, so it could easily fall out/off.

:rotfl

I got mine yesterday and he is indeed awesome. I keep changing out his attachments and messing with him. He even looks good with just the normal body/arms and the neck extension on. The only thing I don't care for are the stretchy arms. They shoulda been bendy instead. All in all, it makes me wish Mattel would do more deluxe figures. But not as exclusives!

This guy is definitely a sleeper. Months ago, I dont think many people were thinking that this would be such a great piece, but it does make you long for more deluxe figures. Hell, they could do something like this as a CnC for Elongated Man. Instead of trying to make each CnC a BIG guy, mix it up and do some deluxe little guys.

Got the GL 5-pack today. I really didn't wanna drop $60 plus tax on it, but I REALLY wanted Guy. I wanted Tomar, as well, and he turned out nicer than I expected: they actually retooled Romat's head sculpt to include the mask, which makes it even more unforgiveable that Sinestro was totally cheaped out on.

I like Guy very much except for two quibbles: his head is BIG. It's visibly bigger than most DCUC heads, and the fact that his bowl cut is pronounced and his head sits higher up on the neck do not help at all. The other thing is pretty minor: the way he's packaged will lead to many, many warped legs. I'll have to fix later with boiling water.

So, I have 80's Hal, Mosaic Stewart and pinhead Sinestro if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM and we'll work something out.

While we wait for the inevitable flood of waves and exclusives in the coming month. I have replaced the PG's head with the one from the DCD armoured figures. The socket is not the right fit and had to put some milliput to get it set. Haven't had time to paint the body in the right flesh tone.
Picture250-1.jpg

I also bought the Supergirl Armoured figure but the cape on Sgirl is in the way. I'll keep for another figure.

It was super easy. I see other customs done of other figures and I want to do them, too. Only thing holding me back is wondering if Matty would get to them eventually and waste my efforts.
Batzarro
https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=17589
Legion of Doom
https://www.actionfigurepics.com/20...-sinestro-toyman-captain-cold-and-the-riddler
Allstar Batman
https://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/02/dc-universe-classics-custom-all-star-batman-by-buzzy-fret

I have a bunch of extra DCUC but it would mean cutting up some of my single DC direct figures unless I get some extras for cheap.

We know LoD Riddler is coming with that "Batman" wave. Toyman lost on the fan poll to Raven, so he is on Matty's short list. Sinestro is getting a height correction in a 2 pack. And it is only a matter of time for them to do another Bizarro. As big of a peg cooler as Captain Cold is, he won't ever get taller.

There's a Captain Cold sitting on a peg at my TRU still. He got raped my some one and got his collect and connect piece taken. Used and Abused.

Poor guy....

We know LoD Riddler is coming with that "Batman" wave. Toyman lost on the fan poll to Raven, so he is on Matty's short list. Sinestro is getting a height correction in a 2 pack. And it is only a matter of time for them to do another Bizarro. As big of a peg cooler as Captain Cold is, he won't ever get taller.

EXACTLY!! Mattel is doing so many of the characters that eventually they just might get around to doing all these figures. I am going to wait until this line expires before I do any more modding to get some wanted characters.

Always a gamble with customs.

Any of you guys found the GL 5pak in SoCal?
If so, where?

Nothing yet. I fear I am going through DCUC withdrawals. I need to have my fix soon.

Everyday I check on E-bay lisitngs to get confirmation that the "eagle" has landed, nothing yet though.

Out of curiosity I switched in the All Star batman head with the standard dcuc figure and I must say: Wow! The head gives this figures such an Attitude. I haven't even don any repaints on the symbol and belt and it already looks fantastic. I think the bigger scale head fits better on the dcuc figure than the original head. Although, the head fit in easily it was still loose as the neck post is narrower than the original post. Still should be an easy fix.

Quick pix.
Picture263-1.jpg

Picture264-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back