Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@unam08 dude your lucky I'm still looking for him, already got batman and superman so I just need son of batman. Then I just need to wait for the armored batman, mutant leader, and robin.

Which WM did you find them at? I've been checking four different ones around here nonstop and all I see are empty tags!

@unam08 dude your lucky I'm still looking for him, already got batman and superman so I just need son of batman. Then I just need to wait for the armored batman, mutant leader, and robin.

I had given up on finding him after a couple of weeks of coming up empty. They're so stupid rare to come by. Since finding the Son of Batman, I've only seen 3 Batman on the pegs. They've long broken down the Batman v Superman display boxes they were in. And that's true of 4 different Walmarts I've checked.

Which WM did you find them at? I've been checking four different ones around here nonstop and all I see are empty tags!

I got superman first about two weeks ago at one by my house, then just last week to got my two batmans (I hid them awhile back) where I work. The Walmarts I've been to in my area are in south Miami (by my house), doral (where I work), Hialeah, north Miami and Flagler. I went to about four of these place every week and all they have are empty just have tags. The good news is they seem to be restocking in some areas up north and I see in one of my stores are resetting so I hope they are ready to get more. I just need one son of batman and I'll be ready for the next wave.

I got superman first about two weeks ago at one by my house, then just last week to got my two batmans (I hid them awhile back) where I work. The Walmarts I've been to in my area are in south Miami (by my house), doral (where I work), Hialeah, north Miami and Flagler. I went to about four of these place every week and all they have are empty just have tags. The good news is they seem to be restocking in some areas up north and I see in one of my stores are resetting so I hope they are ready to get more. I just need one son of batman and I'll be ready for the next wave.

I was at Doral today and it looked like they were setting it up,I just need Superman.

@ 305batman, yep the doral one by work on 87th is the one that's resetting. Now here where it gets confusing, matte did post anything from their panel on their site but some are saying the armored batman and mutant leader are a two-pack and will be out everywhere. Now I'm still hearing that these will be a second set of Walmart exclusives with robin but I can't confirm it.

No kidding, if was TRU they be easy to find and same for target with Walmart they don't have anything to Scan for and they don't know where or how they get them.

Don't give up looking guys. Hit the WalMart after work looking for Batman v Superman stuff, and wouldn't you know I found another Son of Batman. They also had 3 of the Batman. It seems they finally restocked. Took like 3 weeks for that location to do so.

Crappy articulation,crappy likeness,crappy texture on cowl,pass.

I know people will remind you that it's just Mattel and they're mass market toys but when they say "adult collector" and especially when Jakks does a better job with likeliness, It's kinda hard to accept these. The Batmen are easier to accept than the WW or the Travolta Supes. Not even the sculptors wants to admit they did that.

Yeah I ended up returning the three. Especially considering the jakks figures are the same price as the Mattel figures, keeping them was pointless.

Surprised to see this at Toysrus today and picked it up.

View attachment 249059

mac.jpg

Found a fresh case of TDKR at WM, 5xBats 2xSupes 1xSoB,picked up SoB.I have a feeling Bats is going to peg warm thanks to Mattel's idiotic case pack out! Should've been 3,2,2!

Mattel 12" make over done.

First I dremelled all the armour parts and hollow them to make them fit a 12" body.
I used a AOU Cap body with lots of padding added.

I couldn't salvaged the biceps armour so I used some snake eyes one. Not accurate but blend kind of well.

I repainted the armour completely and placed it on a body, applied weathering and rain drop effects.

I also removed the sculpted mouth on the helmet. It was badly sculpted and didn't looked realistic.
I replaced it with the HT Arkham mouthpiece. It looks more realistic and give the illusion that he is actually wearing an helmet.

I replaced the sculpted chest belt with a real working on to again give it a more realistic look.

All in all it was worth the huge work i put into it.

Here's how it looked.

49111028_zpsphioo18f.jpg

and here's how he looks now.

IMG_3690_zps0lad4vke.jpg

IMG_3689_zpshmbco8u0.jpg

IMG_3687_zpsf1okqluk.jpg

IMG_3685_zps85yijqm6.jpg

IMG_3682_zpslqbxjsiy.jpg
IMG_3693_zpstkqpbohm.jpg

Wow, what an effort! That looks great! Is the under suit on the 12-inch figure cloth? I haven't seen one in hand, so I thought it was sculpted. Great job, man.

Wow, what an effort! That looks great! Is the under suit on the 12-inch figure cloth? I haven't seen one in hand, so I thought it was sculpted. Great job, man.

No the Mattel is one big sculpted figure. Nothing is removable.

I used the HT Cap body with a joer-el bodysuit repainted and fitted all the armored parts on it. Dremeling the figure was the hardest part.

Read the post to get the complete info :)

Back