Mattel DC Comics 6'' inch Multiverse Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me what you want, but with a little work that Mattel Armored Batman rivals a $300 Hot Toy.

giphy.gif

I saw the Pixel Dan review of the Armored Batman. It's decent but the cape sucks.

That is why I said with a little work :lol ....well, maybe a lot of work. :lol Full repaint and swap out rubber goods for fabric. From the looks of it, it can do a lot more poses than the Hot Toys version... which seems more statuesque...

I'm not impressed by the HT Iron Bat figure at all. The armor doesn't look like metal and the mouth doesn't look like Affleck. In fact, the figure looks incomplete, like they're still working on it.

I ordered mine from toysrus.com. I didn't want to go driving around, but I wish they had the wonder woman, too.

Yeah I ordered wonder woman this morning, should be here Sunday. Non of the stores around here put out a single thing, but I understand she's only one per case, and only a certain assortment. So I decided to not risk the aggravation.

One of the case assortments brings 2 WW,saw a total of 3 today,I had heard a rumor that Mattel had sculpted a proto of Supe's mom for the MOS line,seeing this WW in person confirms it,it's not Gadot at all,it's the actress from MOS clearly! Also,don't know why Mattel doesn't just copy ML's articulation,these figs could've been so much better with that articulation!

One of the case assortments brings 2 WW,saw a total of 3 today,I had heard a rumor that Mattel had sculpted a proto of Supe's mom for the MOS line,seeing this WW in person confirms it,it's not Gadot at all,it's the actress from MOS clearly! Also,don't know why Mattel doesn't just copy ML's articulation,these figs could've been so much better with that articulation!
Yes. Honestly, Mattel's action figures feels very obsolete. The articulation is the same as DC Superheroes which was first released in 2006. The fact that Mattel had no interest in updating anything is a big disappointment. Batman doesn't come with even a batarang and no swap hands. If you compare Mattel's effort and what Hasbro is releasing for the Marvel movies, it's embarrassing....

Maybe you guys are interested in this. I was looking on the toysrus.ca website and saw 2 figures that haven't been mentioned. Sadly no pictures were included but seems like there will be another version of Batman and the Man of Steel that includes an additional head sculpts - Bruce Wayne and a head vision head. They both says they will come with a C&C piece so it's part of the "Multiverse" line. Not sure if this will be a TRU exclusive or not.

DC Comics Multiverse Batman Movie Figure Bruce Wayne Batman

DC Comics fans of all ages will love this collectible 6 Batman inspired by the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie. The action figure features 20 points of articulation, authentic details and a defense accessory that, when combined with the Superman figures piece, completes the Collect and Connect Grappling Gun. Batman also includes a removable cowl to return to Bruce Wayne for two-in-one character play. Collect both Batman and Superman figures and recreate colossal movie scenes where good and evil mix in thrilling new ways! Each sold separately. Colors and decorations may vary.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Post-Apocalyptic Superman figure

DC Comics fans of all ages will love this collectible 6 Post-Apocalyptic Superman inspired by the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie. The action figure features 20 points of articulation, authentic details and a defense accessory that, when combined with the Batman figures piece, completes the Collect and Connect Grappling Gun. Superman also includes a removable, alternate Superman head with heat vision for two-in-one character play. Collect both Batman and Superman and recreate colossal movie scenes where good and evil mix in thrilling new ways. Each sold separately. Colors and decorations may vary.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Post-Apocalyptic Superman figure - Mattel - Toys"R"Us
DC Comics Multiverse Batman Movie Figure Bruce Wayne Batman - Mattel - Toys"R"Us

I picked up the armored Batman today at Walmart, nice figure, actually I just threw it in the cart as I was shopping with the wife, she paid for it:lol

23507913173_21001b6381_b.jpg

24134730055_38bf16e954_b.jpg

24134731825_24cd5a562a_b.jpg

23839063810_30092f1ae5_b.jpg

:slap

I think I would rather wait until the Mafex and Figuarts versions will look like

Back