MATTEL: "Club Black Freighter" - WATCHMEN figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They won't. Mattel is cheap. Getting any new part, even a head is "too costly" :lol

I have to admit that none of the pics of Rorschach wowed me, but in person he is great. One of my favorite DCUC figures now. Can't wait for the rest. About time we got to finish the group in form!

Is his grappling gun as oversized as it looks in pics?:lol

I hadn't thought about that. I don't see any reason why Sideshow couldn't eventually do Watchmen figures unless its a separate license. I mean heck, if Mattel can do it, anybody with the DC licenses should be able to as well.

I hope you're right, I'd buy the hell out of a comic based line of 1/6th scale Watchmen figures.

Is his grappling gun as oversized as it looks in pics?:lol

Yes, but it's obviously intentional... to give it a bit of that 80's toy feel.

I like this figure a lot. The entire presentation is great, from the packaging (both inner and outer) to the figure itself. This line is sure to be a big hit for me, even if we do just get the core 6 figures. Happy subscriber here.

I suppose Doc Manhattan is up next in March since he was also shown at SDCC.

this is a great looking figure. very excited about this line and having a comics faithful watchmen team.

I dreamt that Matty made a scaled Owl Ship for this figure line as a $200 SDCC Exclusive. I bought 2. :lol

I dreamt that Matty made a scaled Owl Ship for this figure line as a $200 SDCC Exclusive. I bought 2. :lol
:lol
It's a terrible shame the best Owl Ship that we got was the bloody Blu-ray special edition version (which is very nice considering).
But what a wasted license for such an amazingly designed movie.:gah:

I would have bought two as well.

I hope and pray that some day we can access parallel dimensions. I'll bet there's one where the Watchmen line was a huge success and HT made a 1/6th scale Archie.:lecture

:lol
It's a terrible shame the best Owl Ship that we got was the bloody Blu-ray special edition version (which is very nice considering).
But what a wasted license for such an amazingly designed movie.:gah:

I would have bought two as well.

:lecture Also agree on the Blu ray special edition Archie. That one turned out so well that I ended up buying a second one. The cool thing is that it is kinda in scale with the little Heroclix figures. :yess:

I hope and pray that some day we can access parallel dimensions. I'll bet there's one where the Watchmen line was a huge success and HT made a 1/6th scale Archie.:lecture

No doubt. A 1/6 Archie by HT would have been my grail. But, alas... :(

Yeah, really. :lol Damn shame they never got around to Nite Owl, either. But he'd probably have disentegrated by now anyway. :monkey1

I honestly don't know what they were thinking not making Rorschach. I mean it would have been like getting a Batman license and not making Batman. :duh The fact they even had a prototype of him makes the lack of him so much worse.

I'd love nothing more than to have HT release Rorschach out of the blue now, long after everyone gave up on them :lol

Lets just hope a Sideshow comic version will happen sooner rather than later. :pray:

Woah.

Comedian3.jpg

Comedian2.jpg
Comedian1.jpg

It's not them, or Hot Toys. The smiley people won't license it out for WATCHMEN anymore. That's why DC changed the cover to the trade a few years back (zoomed in on one eye) and why the Doomsday Clock is used on most packaging instead. The 2009 toys were the last ones that could use the smiley.

Last edited:
It's not them, or Hot Toys. The smiley people won't license it out for WATCHMEN anymore. That's why DC changed the cover to the trade a few years back (zoomed in on one eye) and why the Doomsday Clock is used on most packaging instead. The 2009 toys were the last ones that could use the smiley.

I hd NO idea the smiley face is copyrighted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno

Who'd have ever believed you, if, 50 years ago, you told somebody that the same folks who make Barbies would make action figures of a pregnant lady killing rapist? Nah, I think that's one of the testaments to Alan Moore's abilities, as far as characterization goes. The things the Comedian does are reprehensible, and yet, Moore is still able to make him somewhat sympathetic. You always have that feeling that he isn't all bad.

Back