MATTEL: "Club Black Freighter" - WATCHMEN figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Returning favorites MOTUC Club Eternia and DC Universe Culb Infinite Earths are joined by WATCHMEN Club Black Freighter, the first toy series based on the original comic!

Interesting movement. I'm interested to see the figures but on top of that if the line is successful might it push Sideshow to incorporate it into their Sixth Scale line.

NEED. MORE. INFO.

Okay...

About Club Black Freighter

For the first time ever, Mattel proudly offers our new Watchmen Club Black Freighter, a subscription to figures inspired by one of the all-time greatest comics! A total of six figures will be released throughout the year, resulting in a collection of all six Watchmen team members by year’s end. Mattel worked hard to secure exclusive rights to these comic-based figures and we’ll treat them right: each one will be sculpted by the Four Horsemen and comparable in articulation, scale and level of detail to our Masters of the Universe® Classics Club Eternia® and DC Universe Club Infinite Earths 6” figures. Most come with accessories (for example, Rorschach will include a gas gun) and every figure will arrive with an authentic Watchmen logo base.

Benefits of Club Black Freighter

Along with guaranteeing you’ll own a complete collection of the comic-based Watchmen character figures, we’ve got even more reasons to purchase this all-new subscription:

First-Ever Comic Book Look: You’ve never seen the team from Watchmen rendered like this! Be among the first to own core members The Comedian, Doctor Manhattan, Ozymandias, Nite Owl, Rorschach, and Silk Spectre, as they were illustrated in the comic series and graphic novel.

Early Shipping: Subscription orders generally begin shipping two business days before non-subscription orders so subscribers usually get their orders before non-subscribers.

NEW! Early Access to Non-Subscription Products: In 2013, all Club subscribers get early access to all non-subscription products, regardless of brand! That means you’ll have the chance to purchase hot items not available through subscriptions before non-subscribers, like 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises 8” Batman™ figure and the Ghostbusters™ PKE Meter prop replica. Availability is first-come, first-served, so if products sell out to subscribers during the early access period, that’s it – no additional product will be made available to non-subscribers at that time.

Here's more (no, there's no pics yet)...

Axt1bmLCQAAZo7A.jpg

Hate Matty, but I don't know if I can resist these.

And I hope Sideshow realizes there is potential here for 1/6 scale figures since HT didn't get very far.

I would've been really into this stuff a couple years ago, but don't have a place for it in my collection anymore. Nice that fans are getting it, though. Rorschach's gas gun looks HUGE.

____ Matty! Their ____ is falling apart just on display. ____ their online crap also. To much shotty product and bad CS to deal with buying only online product. I stopped MOTU in the first year because of it, they ____ with WWF legends and make them online only. Make Watchman online only. Bunch of ____ing morons.

Wow what a pos.

Broken Doc and Rorshach looks like something aimed at 5 year olds, look at the size of that grapple gun, are they kidding?

These look like something Kenner would have done in 1990 and I don't mean that in a good way.

I would've been really into this stuff a couple years ago, but don't have a place for it in my collection anymore. Nice that fans are getting it, though. Rorschach's gas gun looks HUGE.

They're doing the team of six the first year, so it wouldn't require much space or commitment. I guess if they go beyond that, they can do rehashes or maybe even the Minutemen if they're popular enough.

It's okay, Dr.Manhattan can just rearrange the molecular structure of his arm and reattach it.

:lol

Back