Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks lads! some are more exciting than others. Not feeling Mara at all but Evil Seed should be fun.

Didn't realize at all that the Talon Fighter was so soon. Which means IF there is box illustration it's already been done. :(
I just hope to god it's Rudy Obrero as if it's not I will be very bummed out.

From Catra's Wrath:

"No updates on the sub I'm afraid. Every year people complain on these forums and elsewhere about supposed scare tactics, so this year there is no meter or reference points. The sub will either make the minimum order quota and go forward or it won't."

Well, that's because THEY ARE scare tactics. This response is essentially a scare tactic. The "minimum quota" tactic was used last year too.

They are better off not saying a word and let the subs sell without the games. Although the snide, spiteful response was uncalled for, the continuing fan requests for updates makes me ashamed to be part of the MOTU fandom. It's like some people aren't happy unless they are being lied to. Such bizarre behavior.

From Catra's Wrath:

"No updates on the sub I'm afraid. Every year people complain on these forums and elsewhere about supposed scare tactics, so this year there is no meter or reference points. The sub will either make the minimum order quota and go forward or it won't."

Well, that's because THEY ARE scare tactics. This response is essentially a scare tactic. The "minimum quota" tactic was used last year too.

They are better off not saying a word and let the subs sell without the games. Although the snide, spiteful response was uncalled for, the continuing fan requests for updates makes me ashamed to be part of the MOTU fandom. It's like some people aren't happy unless they are being lied to. Such bizarre behavior.

The Mods there don't know anything though...they pretend to know and know the answers when people ask questions but they really don't know what Mattel is doing

I just think it's hilarious that people are STILL asking for updates. As if Mattel is really going to give us the real scoop on how it's doing. LOL!

Not sure why people care, is it like a security blanket? if they give them an update good or bad, is that really going to put their minds at ease? LOL!

This sub will go through as always. Once the CC sub goes through, they will probably announce the HMATMOTU sub, which will also sell well.

It's essentially a year long sub divided into two separate lines, and matty figures most fans will get both subs. The property is doing extremely well and matty knows most fans have figured that out. Snake Mountain is living proof of it. I think matty knows the games like the meter and videos begging people to sub just don't work anymore.

I won't be buying the so called Collector's choice sub....only interested in Masque,Vultak,Sunder and Night Stalker

Masters of the Universe Classics Upcoming Releases « It'sAllTrue.Net

Why is this person calling them He-Man 2.0, Trap Jaw 2.0, etc.? That is not what they are. These are a completely new set of figures in a totally new line, not 2.0 version of the Classics figures. And why is he calling them Club Filmation? That is also wrong. It is the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe line.

sdcc15_f_panel_matty10.jpg

Or it's exactly how Mattel referred to it. :)

The name of the subscription will be updated when Mattel names it.

sdcc15_f_panel_matty10.jpg

Or it's exactly how Mattel referred to it. :)

The name of the subscription will be updated when Mattel names it.

Well, whoever made that SDCC presentation is wrong. That is not a He-Man 2.0, nor is any other figure in the new line a 2.0 figure.

A 2.0 figure would be like Bubble Power She-Ra or the upcoming 2.0 Teela figure.

Well, whoever made that SDCC presentation is wrong. That is not a He-Man 2.0, nor is any other figure in the new line a 2.0 figure.

A 2.0 figure would be like Bubble Power She-Ra or the upcoming 2.0 Teela figure.

The brand manager of MOTU gave the presentation at SDCC with those slides. That's what they are. I can't help it.

And that upcoming Teela 2.0 (it is referred to as such, included with Point Dread) is technically the first figure in this filmation-based extension of the line. She's built on the existing buck with a couple new pieces and a new paint job to better reflect how she appeared in Filmation just like all the other new figures. If you're looking to collect those, don't skip her!

The brand manager of MOTU gave the presentation at SDCC with those slides. That's what they are. I can't help it.

And that upcoming Teela 2.0 (it is referred to as such, included with Point Dread) is technically the first figure in this filmation-based extension of the line. She's built on the existing buck with a couple new pieces and a new paint job to better reflect how she appeared in Filmation just like all the other new figures. If you're looking to collect those, don't skip her!

The brand manager is wrong then.

No. The new Teela is NOT part of the new HMATMOTU line, nor is she supposed to be an unofficial part of that line. She is a classics Teela with only a new Filmation style head and outfit. She still uses the original classics Teela arms, legs, boots, etc.

All the new HMATMOTU figures are using newly tooled parts that better reflect the cartoon look.

No. The new Teela is NOT part of the new HMATMOTU line, nor is she supposed to be an unofficial part of that line. She is a classics Teela with only a new Filmation style head and outfit. She still uses the original classics Teela arms, legs, boots, etc.

All the new HMATMOTU figures are using newly tooled parts that better reflect the cartoon look.

I appreciate your passion, but, unfortunately, if the brand manager of a line tells me one thing, I have to go with that when making the checklist over random message board guy. No offense intended, it's just a pecking order thing. If it makes you feel better, I presume that the final packaging will not feature "2.0" on them and when that time comes, we'll likely remove it from the checklists. Until then, that is what they're officially called by the official naming them.

As for the new line, it does not feature all-new tooling. Please refer to Pixel Dan's great SDCC walkthrough or any of the coverage at AFi, ToyArk, or TNI. The "new" line will use the massive catalog of Classics shared tooling and utilize the budget to make the specific Filmation parts needed, just as they have on Teela 2.0. The He-Man in the slide above uses parts from the Classics He-Man along with new costume specific parts to achieve the desired look.

I appreciate your great checklist! If you watch Pixel Dan's walkthrough video, Brandon makes it clear that the Teela included with the Talon Fighter is not a true Filmation Teela like the figures in the new Filmation line and that they might make a true Filmation Teela figure later. Furthermore, since the set will likely be in MOTUC packaging and not the Filmation line packaging it would be hard to successfully argue it is the first figure in the new line.

If you watch Pixel Dan's Mattel walkthrough video, Brandon makes it clear that the Teela included with the Talon Fighter is not a true Filmation Teela like the figures in the new Filmation line and that they might make a true Filmation Teela figure later. Since the set will likely be in MOTUC packaging and not the Filmation line packaging it would be hard to successfully argue it is the first figure in the new line.

That's why I covered myself with technically!

Hey, I'm a bird-in-the-hand guy. Until they announce Teela 3.0 (fingers crossed for 2017), that 2.0 is the placeholder. I'm curious to see if the existence of 2.0 lessens the demand for her to get another version down the road compared to other guys who could be getting 2.0 treatment. I'd rather grab her now then have to go back if they never get to her.

I'm really surprised about the packaging being such a delineator for a couple of you. So many toy lines change packaging so frequently even though figures clearly share parts and are intended under the same umbrella. To really emphasize those distinctions is fascinating and gives me something to think about.

And thanks! :wink1: The checklists are a lot of fun to do! They are time-consuming though and becoming a dad this year has really made things tight!

The brand manager is wrong? Lol well thank the stars you are here.

For hefs sake it's matters line. They can call it what ever they want and guess what...that's what it is. Lol if matte called it he-man mk3456 then that's what it is. They create it, they can name it. It's like you telling someone else what they can name their kid.

I appreciate your passion, but, unfortunately, if the brand manager of a line tells me one thing, I have to go with that when making the checklist over random message board guy. No offense intended, it's just a pecking order thing. If it makes you feel better, I presume that the final packaging will not feature "2.0" on them and when that time comes, we'll likely remove it from the checklists. Until then, that is what they're officially called by the official naming them.

As for the new line, it does not feature all-new tooling. Please refer to Pixel Dan's great SDCC walkthrough or any of the coverage at AFi, ToyArk, or TNI. The "new" line will use the massive catalog of Classics shared tooling and utilize the budget to make the specific Filmation parts needed, just as they have on Teela 2.0. The He-Man in the slide above uses parts from the Classics He-Man along with new costume specific parts to achieve the desired look.

I don't care what you put in your checklist. This is not my personal mission to make you change it. I'm merely stating that if it is indeed the brand manager who made that slide show, he clearly doesn't know the difference between New Line figures and classics 2.0 figures.

Also, I never said the HMATMOTU line would be using ALL new tooling. Again, we have another case where my posts aren't being read thoroughly. :(

The brand manager is wrong? Lol well thank the stars you are here.

For hefs sake it's matters line. They can call it what ever they want and guess what...that's what it is. Lol if matte called it he-man mk3456 then that's what it is. They create it, they can name it. It's like you telling someone else what they can name their kid.

First, learn to spell check.

Second, Nobody is debating what Mattel names their toy lines. I'm pointing out that designating the new cartoon line of figures as 2.0s is technically wrong and quite possibly misleading.

Again, we have another case where my posts aren't being read thoroughly. :(

Hey, it's probably good that you don't care about my checklist. I will be treating it like one cohesive line simply going through a name/packaging change as will, I imagine, most of the folks who use my lists. I appreciate how rigidly you define things, but I think we'll all be happily "wrong" over on our side as we continue to collect.

Thanks for the conversation!

I didn't say I don't care about your checklist. I said I don't care what you put in your checklist.

"Thanks for the conversation!"

Anytime. ;)

Hey, it's probably good that you don't care about my checklist. I will be treating it like one cohesive line simply going through a name/packaging change as will, I imagine, most of the folks who use my lists. I appreciate how rigidly you define things, but I think we'll all be happily "wrong" over on our side as we continue to collect.

Thanks for the conversation!

Sorry for the question: What checklist? :)

Back