Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, it's probably good that you don't care about my checklist. I will be treating it like one cohesive line simply going through a name/packaging change as will, I imagine, most of the folks who use my lists. I appreciate how rigidly you define things, but I think we'll all be happily "wrong" over on our side as we continue to collect.

Thanks for the conversation!

I visit your website more than I go Matty, please keep up the great work.

Agreed. That site and its reviews and checklists got me into collecting motuc. :hi5:

Interesting info on what goes on over the pond:

China toy factory workers protest over unpaid wages

"Mattel first became aware of potential problems a few months earlier when Ever Force began shipping defective toys, according to the person with knowledge of the matter. The U.S. company continued with the partnership at the time after the factory said it couldn't survive if it had to take losses on the faulty products and gave assurances that future shipments would meet quality standards, the person said."

great post from the Matty forum

"My point is that Mattel doesn't really have any reason whatsoever to change their ways. If you guys kept giving me money while I punched you in the face over and over, why would I stop punching you (that's kind of a stupid analogy but you get the point)?

If I had my way, I would stop ALL of your subscriptions and purchases (especially you addictive people) until Mattel got their act together on an ongoing basis...not just until the numbers started rolling in again. Companies shouldn't be playing fans like that just because they have a great product. It doesn't give them a right to neglect their fan base in virtually all other areas.
It took me about 2 years to finally wake up and decide I'll never subscribe to Mattel for anything again, even if it's something I really want. After my 2015 sub is over, that's it. It becomes a matter of dignity more than the want."

"My point is that Mattel doesn't really have any reason whatsoever to change their ways. If you guys kept giving me money while I punched you in the face over and over, why would I stop punching you (that's kind of a stupid analogy but you get the point)?

If I had my way, I would stop ALL of your subscriptions and purchases (especially you addictive people) until Mattel got their act together on an ongoing basis...not just until the numbers started rolling in again. Companies shouldn't be playing fans like that just because they have a great product. It doesn't give them a right to neglect their fan base in virtually all other areas.
It took me about 2 years to finally wake up and decide I'll never subscribe to Mattel for anything again, even if it's something I really want. After my 2015 sub is over, that's it. It becomes a matter of dignity more than the want."

Yes, this is a VERY good post, and it's more or less how I feel on the subject, and I'm sure many, many more feel the same too but aren't nearly as vocal about it.

Ah yes, the old "cut off the nose to spite the face routine." If we stop buying the figures, Mattel won't care why, they will just stop making them and move on to something else.

If you don't like what Mattel is doing, then by all means stop buying, but don't pretend they will continue making figures. Just look at the DC and Ghostbusters lines.

Ah yes, the old "cut off the nose to spite the face routine." If we stop buying the figures, Mattel won't care why, they will just stop making them and move on to something else.

If you don't like what Mattel is doing, then by all means stop buying, but don't pretend they will continue making figures. Just look at the DC and Ghostbusters lines.

That is perfectly fine with me.There are plenty of other things to collect in this Collecting game.

Who can house all these 150+ MOTU figures anyway?

bottom line,the only way Mattel is going to listen is to stop buying,especially having the "buy everything" sub mentality.

I used to frequent the .ORG very heavily (same screen name). But I left shortly after MOTUC started because the attitude that you MUST buy EVERYTHING or you're not supporting the line and you're not a "true fan" started to pervade everything there. And that, of course, is ********. And I've never looked back.

I do have to say, though, that things with the line have drastically improved since ToyGuru left. For example, the 200X mini sub is the first thing I have ever subscribed to, because I knew that I wanted all of them. I mean who would have thought? Let people know what they're buying upfront and you won't have to beg and pressure them to get them to buy it. What a concept! It will likely be the only one I ever sub to, unless they happen to do another 200X one at some point, but still.

I have to say I am beyond stoked to FINALLY get Evilseed in a few weeks. This has been my most wanted figure ever since Orko's Garden first aired back in 2003, and is the one thing I was hoping to get out of Classics. Make no mistake, I love what I have gotten and I am looking forward to several of the other things coming out in the future (Saurod, Dare, Laser Lights, Filmation He-Man and Skelly), but the line could end next month and I would be ok with it now that Evilseed will finally be mine.

That is perfectly fine with me.There are plenty of other things to collect in this Collecting game.

Who can house all these 150+ MOTU figures anyway?

bottom line,the only way Mattel is going to listen is to stop buying,especially having the "buy everything" sub mentality.

Great you don't collect. Then what the hell are you doing bitching every day about it. You don't buy, you say you won't buy. So why the hell do you care? Even more important..why the hell do we need to hear your complaining? You have opted not to collect. Perfectly fine. Except you opt to complain about it. And complain about others supporting the line. Guess what, some of us don't see it like you do. Telling everyone else that you would stop our buying habits is not only pointless but irritating to me. Until you actually make the money for me you have ZERO right to tell me or others how to spend it. It's insulting. It's petty. It's pointless. You don't collect the line. So stop telling others who do what they should be spending their money on.

If I had my way I'd make you spend every dime you earned on motuc figures. See how silly that sounds? If you don't collect then explain why anyone should ever listen to you? What credibility do you have? Mattel shouldn't listen to you either. The only people they care about is customers. Which you have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over you are not. They have zero reason to take anything you say. Your not the target audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great you don't collect. Then what the hell are you doing bitching every day about it. You don't buy, you say you won't buy. So why the hell do you care? Even more important..why the hell do we need to hear your complaining?You have opted not to collect. Perfectly fine. Except you opt to complain about it. And complain about others supporting the line. Guess what, some of us don't see it like you do. Telling everyone else that you would stop our buying habits is not only pointless but irritating to me. Until you actually make the money for me you have ZERO right to tell me or others how to spend it. It's insulting. It's petty. It's pointless. You don't collect the line. So stop telling others who do what they should be spending their money on.

If I had my way I'd make you spend every dime you earned on motuc figures. See how silly that sounds? If you don't collect then explain why anyone should ever listen to you? What credibility do you have? Mattel shouldn't listen to you either. The only people they care about is customers. Which you have said over and over and over and over and over and over and over you are not. They have zero reason to take anything you say. Your not the target audience.

I think you are being rather hostile, and it is unwarranted. Especially with the name calling. You clearly have a passionate hatred towards anyone who speaks ill against Mattel and their products, but that really doesn't give you the right to come on here and start barking at them, twisting around what was said, and calling them names, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, Freaks, play nice or Snoopy gets out the Freaks Be Good Stick out.
baseballbat.gif

Great you don't collect. Then what the hell are you doing bitching every day about it. You don't buy, you say you won't buy. So why the hell do you care? Even more important..why the hell do we need to hear your complaining? You have opted not to collect. Perfectly fine. Except you opt to complain about it. And complain about others supporting the line. Guess what, some of us don't see it like you do. Telling everyone else that you would stop our buying habits is not only pointless but irritating to me. Until you actually make the money for me you have ZERO right to tell me or others how to spend it. It's insulting. It's petty. It's pointless. You don't collect the line. So stop telling others who do what they should be spending their money on.

What are you even talking about? are you nuts? :cuckoo:

I do collect and I have been collecting MOTU and buying EVERY sub since 2008.....I AM THEIR AUDIENCE!

You sure are "twisting" what was said and just can't read.

All I mostly said is that I am done subbing (at least for the Collector's Choice) and was cherry picking in 2016 and put up some funny,but truthful posts about how mattel treats their paying customers.GUESS What! I am one their customers and am untitled to my opinion about their practices towards their paying customers ;) :dunno

Back